Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I finally graduated. This will likely be my last post here. Thanks for all the info and company while waiting.
I picked up my car today from Indianapolis. Build date 4/23 with the older style headlights. The car is otherwise AMAZING & WORTH THE WAIT!! I did have to schedule a mobile service visit already because the wireless phone charging spots aren't working. Took my phone out of the case and still no luck. Charges fine on the wireless charger on my nightstand. Soonest appointment was May 20, but I can live with that, no big deal.
****OHHHH I also had a major panic moment when I got home. I plugged into the Tesla wall charger, it charged for 2 seconds and then said stopped charging. Unplug/ re-plug, nothing. Just a blue light. Would occasionally get a message about charging failed, already sent a charge request or something. Ended up calling tech support who was AWESOME to work with. We connected my phone to the wall charger's wifi to get into the settings. Under access control there's options to charge "all vehicles" "all Teslas" or "authorized Teslas only". Apparently it sometimes defaults to authorized Teslas only. Changed that to all Teslas and she started charging. Was going to be a real sh!t show if the car couldn't be charged with my wall charger.

FYI- it did come with the mobile charging bundle and j1772 adapter.

Closing thought- this is the most amazing car I've ever purchased. I got about 3.5 hours of seat time. It is INCREDIBLY comfortable. Plenty of interior space, even in the back which I was worried about because I have 2 young kiddos. The black interior is CRAZY hard to keep clean. The black paint is.... IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. The windows need to be tinted RIGHT AWAY! Not used to people being able to see me. Autopilot is incredible! After I was done "having fun" driving, I switched to autopilot and didn't touch the wheel for over an hour on the highway. I bought a weighted magnet (anti papa) for the steering wheel that keeps the car from bugging me every 30 seconds or so asking for "apply slight pressure to the steering wheel." Before anyone says it, I'll still be very attentive, it's just nice to not have all the chimes and whatnot. That device completely eliminates the prompts to touch the steering wheel. Also, autopilot works really well on our country roads and even in town. Don't see any need for the FSD at this time, but may pay for one month subscription just to play with the Summon feature.

Good luck everyone- stay strong, the wait sucks but the reward is SWEEEEET!

I bought a weighted magnet (anti papa) for the steering wheel that keeps the car from bugging me every 30 seconds or so asking for "apply slight pressure to the steering wheel." Before anyone says it, I'll still be very attentive, it's just nice to not have all the chimes and whatnot.
Yes, the need for regular pressure on the wheel is perhaps more annoying than just driving the car. I wish they'd use the interior camera to notice that I'm watching the #$*&$^ road so I don't need to keep fiddling with the steering wheel.

Happy motoring :)

Thanks for sharing! What checklist did you use if you don't mind sharing?
One from TesBros, another from JQ Louise. Both were links posted on their YouTube videos. I don’t have those links anymore, but you’ll find them easily enough.

Did it take people a while to hear anything from DCU after applying for a loan? I applied a week ago...I know they did a credit check as I got a notification about it, but I haven't heard anything from DCU at all. No email, no call, etc. Not sure if they are just really backed up or what.
I filled out my application last Wednesday and got an approval within minutes. I then had to send my purchase agreement to them this morning and by the end of the day they had sent the check out to Tesla. Give them a call. They seem to work fast when you call!

My credit score is 755 if that helps at all. Still got a 1.99% though which I was extremely happy with.

Is a 249xx Vin likely to have the new style headlights and the new chip?
A 249xxx VIN should be well clear of the temporary use of the older headlamps so you should be good there. When we talk about "new chip", we're usually talking about the Ryzen CPU instead of the Intel one. That change happened at the beginning of the year so you're definitely good there. If you're affected by the charge port issue you'll just have to wait a while. So you'll know about resolution of the charge port on your vehicle when they offer a choice of delivery date.

For those curious, here's the link to the matrix headlamp thread in the forums here.

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

I filled out my application last Wednesday and got an approval within minutes. I then had to send my purchase agreement to them this morning and by the end of the day they had sent the check out to Tesla. Give them a call. They seem to work fast when you call!

My credit score is 755 if that helps at all. Still got a 1.99% though which I was extremely happy with.
Do we have to wait for tesla to receive/process the cheque or are we good as long as we provide the tracking info?

Well, I finally graduated. This will likely be my last post here. Thanks for all the info and company while waiting.
I picked up my car today from Indianapolis. Build date 4/23 with the older style headlights. The car is otherwise AMAZING & WORTH THE WAIT!! I did have to schedule a mobile service visit already because the wireless phone charging spots aren't working. Took my phone out of the case and still no luck. Charges fine on the wireless charger on my nightstand. Soonest appointment was May 20, but I can live with that, no big deal.
****OHHHH I also had a major panic moment when I got home. I plugged into the Tesla wall charger, it charged for 2 seconds and then said stopped charging. Unplug/ re-plug, nothing. Just a blue light. Would occasionally get a message about charging failed, already sent a charge request or something. Ended up calling tech support who was AWESOME to work with. We connected my phone to the wall charger's wifi to get into the settings. Under access control there's options to charge "all vehicles" "all Teslas" or "authorized Teslas only". Apparently it sometimes defaults to authorized Teslas only. Changed that to all Teslas and she started charging. Was going to be a real sh!t show if the car couldn't be charged with my wall charger.

FYI- it did come with the mobile charging bundle and j1772 adapter.

Closing thought- this is the most amazing car I've ever purchased. I got about 3.5 hours of seat time. It is INCREDIBLY comfortable. Plenty of interior space, even in the back which I was worried about because I have 2 young kiddos. The black interior is CRAZY hard to keep clean. The black paint is.... IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean. The windows need to be tinted RIGHT AWAY! Not used to people being able to see me. Autopilot is incredible! After I was done "having fun" driving, I switched to autopilot and didn't touch the wheel for over an hour on the highway. I bought a weighted magnet (anti papa) for the steering wheel that keeps the car from bugging me every 30 seconds or so asking for "apply slight pressure to the steering wheel." Before anyone says it, I'll still be very attentive, it's just nice to not have all the chimes and whatnot. That device completely eliminates the prompts to touch the steering wheel. Also, autopilot works really well on our country roads and even in town. Don't see any need for the FSD at this time, but may pay for one month subscription just to play with the Summon feature.

Good luck everyone- stay strong, the wait sucks but the reward is SWEEEEET!
WHAT A LUCKY GUY!

I picked up the Farasla no drill mudflaps as one of the first things I grabbed.
oo ok. I got a set from rpmtesla, which are same as farsala. I think rpmtesla has probably the nicest set of accessories.

I got my 3d maxpiders, airintake grate and mudflaps from rpmtesla. got the cupholder from amazon. Would have purchased the center console trays from rpmtesla too as their most recent one for model 3 looks really good, but already had bought that from Tesla original shop, so wont be getting that.
Currently exploring a good cheap set of trunk mats. Dont want to pay too much for that.

Last edited:
Do any of you recommend the mud flaps for southern climate? Live in Atlanta, probably will travel around 3-400 miles radius from time to time...
get the ones from rpmtesla, Or farsala set on amazon looks nice too. People keep saying that you need a bit of ppf or protection where the flap meets the paint. So not sure if I will get a 3M take or ppf strip to put underneath them, or maybe just not worry about that at all.

Sorry I haven't posted today. I hope nobody thought I jumped off a bridge! 🤣
I'm out of town for a few days for a work project, so hopefully it will help take my mind off the fact that I still don't have a VIN.
Or a two week window.
2 days out from my 4 week EDD.
Isn't it kind of odd to be this close to a 4 week window without some movement???
I’m coming up on my 4 week window in a bit as well. 0 updates. My SA gives me generic answers. Keeps trying to promise that “i’ll have a vehicle before my EDD” (I keep laughing him off).

Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-