Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It can work out well for certain situations like if you at least have a 120V outlet you can use where you park, have available charging at work, live very close to a Supercharger or have plenty of L2 destination charging where you frequently shop or dine. Some apartment complexes have charging stalls for residents.

But there’s a lot of people that have zero means of charging at work or home and have to go out of their way to Supercharge as their only way of charging. They’re just inconveniencing themselves for what? The “clout” of driving a Tesla? Couldn’t be me, but I guess some people feel that’s worth the trouble.

Also frequent Supercharging isn’t the best for battery longevity so relying only on that for charging isn’t ideal even if it’s conveniently located.

In the grand scheme of things for the long term, EV infrastructure needs to massively expand L2 charging at destinations. Shopping centers, malls, restaurants, public parking meters, etc. That will be the game changer that can allow for massive EV adoption rather than DCFC/Supercharging. DCFC is still needed of course along major routes of course for travel between major cities and states, but destination L2 charging is the key within a city.
I agree with you regarding the L2 chargers. I've noticed they're popping up everywhere around me. But I live in a tourist destination so many restaurants and resorts have to add them to compete. That should work out well for me. We're actually going to live in one of those resorts so I fully expect to have L2 available, although I may have to fight for a spot some days.

FWIW, I sent Tesla ([email protected]) two emails asking about a refund for the difference in the new wall charger pricing and they never responded but I just got a $95 credit to my Amex. I feel a little dirty considering my electric company is paying for the charger. As I mentioned in a previous post I'm going to chalk it up to payment for the inconvenience of having to wait so long for the delivery of the car. 😁

Hi everyone- just picked up the LR today in Fremont. Looks like majority of Model 3’s have Matrix headlights - mine didn’t series 246xxx - there were a few other old headlights series 241xxx…
Love the car and super excited to have the process over - 50% Model 3’s and 50% Model Y’s mostly all LR model 3’s and a couple RWD’s. All the best, Mick
02E47755-CEAB-4C08-8374-553578046139.jpeg
67AEE64A-B623-49CE-9D59-4B4AC29D09C5.jpeg
61B69F02-FE1A-464D-9E64-2896A134157E.jpeg

It’s hard to say. Maybe in a week or so. No one can give you a definitive answer on when
Yeah you get the vin when the car is actually made so no vin means the car doesn't exist yet. Then it needs to be tested and shipped and once delivered inspected and detailed that whole process can be a few weeks. So based on your edd likely more towards June. Of course strange things do happen;). Tldr about 2 weeks from the vin you'll have the car