Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we my see something Friday or Saturday. Based on reading the tea leaves from some recent postings here, I suspect the our cars will be manufactured this week. (I'm using the source code technique several times each day to see if I have been assigned a VIN yet. Several folks have said that you get a VIN via source code just after the car is manufactured.)
YES, I HAVE LEARNED HOW TO CHECK THE COURCE CODE。。。NO VIN AT ALL TODAY

Reactions: Masterblaster
OD? My pick up location is Fort Lauderdale as well but my order was originally for the RWD with 18" wheels. Just recently I switched over to the LR with 19" wheels because I needed a vehicle sooner than what my EDD is showing. My EDD is 10/18 - 12/13 and that comes from the original order build, so I am expecting potential earlier EDDs if not the same for a while longer until I see different months and days. I've seen and been told that switching builds won't put you in the back of the line but with those who ordered the LR on your OD, so I'm hoping that stands true.

But I'm still concerned over the EDD since my pre-delivery tasks was screwed up twice. One of the chat advisors switched my payment from financing to cash and now the app says I have to pay a remaining balance of $50,354.28, when I obviously don't have that money right now. And it's asking me to complete my pre-delivery tasks to avoid delays in delivery albeit my SA is out of office until next week according to the chat advisor so that makes matters worse for me. But oh well, patience is all I can practice in all of this and wait until next week to settle stuff out with my SA.
Just call Tesla and ask for another SA. I had two SA’s email me and tell me to complete this and that blah blah they didn’t care what I kept telling them. Basically told me to wait on the check from the bank. Then I called and they changed my account within minutes. Asked me to pay my down payment and scheduled a pick up date within hours. I have never talked to the same SA!

Reactions: jpaychek
Did you have the ECU wait with the EDD going back a day everyday? You're the closest to me so far that has a pick up so I'm getting hopeful that mine will be ready soon.
Mine has not gone back like yours did. Mine went from a 2 week window to a 5 day window when I received my VIN. Then last night I received the schedule pickup text. I called Tesla and they said it was in route from CA. In fact, the credit union just overnighted the check this afternoon. I'm assuming I need to pay the rest of the amount before pickup.

Reactions: ehartfiel
Do you guys think they’ll hold it for me until Monday? It’s a four day day delivery window of 5/12-5/16. So nervous!
That window is just another EDD. You'll be contacted to select an actual delivery date, which may well be after the current EDD if there's a charge port issue on your vehicle. That's why other people have seen a repeated update to their EDD of a one day pushback.

Reactions: phishphan
Just call Tesla and ask for another SA. I had two SA’s email me and tell me to complete this and that blah blah they didn’t care what I kept telling them. Basically told me to wait on the check from the bank. Then I called and they changed my account within minutes. Asked me to pay my down payment and scheduled a pick up date within hours. I have never talked to the same SA!
I got a text not long after I got out of the chat session with one of the advisors today (I can’t even tell if it’s my SA or some other SA) talking about how to edit my order build and I told them “I did, but now I owe $50k in cash when I want to finance it instead.” They said to just leave it for now and ignore it until the car comes. I still have that worry though that my EDD can be delayed for simply ignoring the payout. But oh well.

Might end up switching SAs. I went to the Fort Lauderdale dealer and the advisors there were very helpful. Went before to discuss why I was constantly getting denied for financing and it seems like he fixed it since my license expiration date and number was missing and perhaps contributed as to why I wasn’t getting approved with a really good credit score. I went to three different dealers in my area and Fort Lauderdale was hands down the most helpful, and actually seem like they know Tesla far more than the others 😂

EDIT: As of 7:44 PM eastern, I checked my app and it looks like they changed my pre-delivery tasks again. Now it’s asking to submit my Tesla loan application. I’ll just have them do whatever with my tasks and keep an eye out on the EDD.

Last edited:
Is this matrix lights? Looks like it? Delivery went smooth this morning. Was alot of buzz as many were picking up y's and 3's 10am at Toronto Lawrence.

I didnt want to mistake the lights when i go and pickup my car so i found this image on youtube and took a screenshot to make sure i knew the difference. They look similar, but your's are definitly the reflector ones. If I was you, id pass on that car and wait for a matrix one. I bet thats what happened with the car your getting now unless its just taking that long for cars to arrive to canada.

IMG_0777.PNG

That window is just another EDD. You'll be contacted to select an actual delivery date, which may well be after the current EDD if there's a charge port issue on your vehicle. That's why other people have seen a repeated update to their EDD of a one day pushback.
I thought newer vehicles didn’t have the charge port issues. Guess I haven’t been paying too much attention bc I figured I’d still have another few weeks before delivery. Thanks!