Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I see most people are getting EDD updates, however, is there anyone who hasn’t?

OD: 3/4
EDD: 5/23-6/20
MSM, aero wheels, black interior, no FSD.
Set to cash purchase a few days after submitting my order.

Tomorrow marks 70 days and I have had absolutely no action on my account. I’m anxiously awaiting any updates as my this current state makes me feel like Tesla forgot about me 🥲.

This. If you plan to keep your car for at least 3+ years then get the correct headlights. These cars will be so unwanted that the values will drop faster than the rest. No one wants a new car with older technology on it simply because of a supply shortage. Once the supply backlog is gone and this sellers market goes away, it'll be a buyers market and thats when you will have people low balling you for your car when they find out that its inferier to the rest of them in the same model year. Its like getting a downgrade and still paying the premium. Had tesla offered a 1k discount that would have accounted for the loss of value, but they didn't so in this case its better to decline the car, over this and ask for another. You wont loose your spot, at worst you have to wait another week or two. I wouldnt be suprised if these cars get declined multiple times before someone finally accepts it now knowing that they are being ripped off. I wouldnt be suprised to see tesla get a class action over this because of their inability to properly explain to the customer, before taking the car, that the headlights were changed from matrix to the years prior. That is considered a bait and switch and its illegal if they didn't inform the customer after ordering.
Yes like you both said this is a major issue. Tesla has essentially made 10k? cars that are outdated and worth way less then their counterparts. Very very sketchy move there and I'm surprised its not being mentioned more. However it does beg the question if they are doing this maybe they don't have any plans in the near future for fully realizing the matrix headlights

I saw 238xxx, 239xxx, 241xxx, 242xxx, 243xxx, 244xxx and 246xxx without, then 247xxx and 248xxx with, so you should be good to go.

User 095179005 said that 237xxx was the start of the use of old headlamps, so it looks like they resumed matrix at 247xxx for a total of 10,000 cars with the old lamps. That certainly sounds like a logistics-sized number - a lot of 10,000 old headlamps being used.

VINs aren’t necessarily assigned in order. For reference, mine is 244xxx and I have the matrix lights.

Hey guys. I see most people are getting EDD updates, however, is there anyone who hasn’t?

Tomorrow marks 70 days and I have had absolutely no action on my account. I’m anxiously awaiting any updates as my this current state makes me feel like Tesla forgot about me 🥲.
I have not had any communication from Tesla either. OD:03/07 Maybe I hear something tomorrow or Sat., as I am hoping my car was manufactured this week. (Also, I expect to see the VIN via the source code prior to hearing from them.)

3/7 OD. I got no changes either. A couple of weeks ago my SA said I should get a VIN in a couple of weeks... So maybe tomorrow or Sat ? Fingers crossed 🤞

I had locked in a rate of 2.79% with my CU, which expired after 60 days. Now, due to interest rates going up, it is 3.29%. Thanks a lot TESLA!!! :(

At least I can get a .25% discount with autopay. Still....my rate will be 3.04%. I guess at least it's still lower than Tesla's rate.
I think Tesla is doing 2.99%. I could be wrong

the 2 week window is a blessing and a curse 😆

it's the stages of:

"I finally got the 2 week window..YES...it's almost here!!!" then a few weeks go by with no change, or the EDD changes a few times, being pushed a out a little further but still a 2 week window. then we're to the point of "OK WTF, I've had my 2 week window for weeks, this is no longer good enough!... WHERE'S MY VIN!!!" 😆

when will the madness stop lol
Time for another prediction :p
You get your VIN this Saturday night and get a delivery date of 29th.

Do you guys think they’ll hold it for me until Monday? It’s a four day day delivery window of 5/12-5/16. So nervous!

Edit-I’ll update my signature when we get back to the hotel and I have my iPad.
Best thing to do is call the SA and preemptively schedule the delivery date for Monday. The car will be still in transit and they will assign a soft delivery date, so you wont have to worry about it.

Yeh, I think the impatience got to me. I initially ordered a model Y 7 seater, which I actually need. When I get it, likely end of the year, I will either trade this one in or sell it. I know it isn't the smartest move, but hope I can break even or close to.
Dont worry too much about this thing mate. You got a new amazing car. Enjoy it. Have fun with it. Dont let the whole matrix lights discussion get you down. A month ago 70-80% of the folks here didnt even know what matrix headlights were, and 2 months from now, people coming to this forum would not know about about matrix headlights either.
Right now the reflector and matrix are exactly the same. Maybe 2 years from now, Tesla might start adding them to Model Y LR and SR and then they might think about bringing in new software to leverage them. Till then you arent missing out on anything. And even at that time, you could potentially just reach out to SC and get them retrofitted if need be.

MT Kisco and other northern folks:

Any plans to do something special with the car, once you take delivery, due to the harsh winters? Like ceramic coating or PPF. The stuff is expensive and I cant bring myself to dropping another >2k, but contemplating it.

Any plans to do something special with the car, once you take delivery, due to the harsh winters? Like ceramic coating or PPF. The stuff is expensive and I cant bring myself to dropping another >2k, but contemplating it.
Planning on getting a full Stealth PPF done on the car. Will probably take it very soon after I pick it up to my guy since I would like to minimize the paint correction needed for install.

Reactions: show_stoppa

Yeah idk at the end of the day it is a car and it'll never look as good as it does now. My other cars still look good after a few years even with winter driving so it'll probably be ok as is

Yeah idk at the end of the day it is a car and it'll never look as good as it does now. My other cars still look good after a few years even with winter driving so it'll probably be ok as is
I am think about taking the car to a detailing place every 2-3 months or so to get foam wash and sealant applied (I live in an apartment building so cant wash at home). Thinking that should be enough.
Based on what I have read, ceramic coating doesnt do enough, and PPF is just damn too expensive.

I am think about taking the car to a detailing place every 2-3 months or so to get foam wash and sealant applied (I live in an apartment building so cant wash at home). Thinking that should be enough.
Based on what I have read, ceramic coating doesnt do enough, and PPF is just damn too expensive.
I'm with you I also live in an apartment. I want the car to look nice but I also don't want to keep putting any more money into it. Hopefully that works out for you. I may just take the chance and try a automatic car wash out and see how it does. I've seen plenty of fancy cars in my area go thru one so I'd assume it'll be ok...

Reactions: show_stoppa
Car feels complete now... windows tinted 5% with xpel/prime ceramic. 35% front windshield. Also installed some Puddle lights that project the Tesla logo and "Tesla" under all 4 doors when they're opened. Those boogers are a PITA to get out of the door!

Before and after tint
Love it. The Aero look great with the tint. Which puddle lights did you purchase? 2 or 4?

Reactions: Junior86
Another grad today, 100 days after order date. No issues I could find with the car. Premium headlights (not matrix) for VIN 2434XX. Happy to take one for the team on that front, been driving our Y with those for 16 months and they work great. Mobile charger was included, 12V is lithium. Was mildly surprised the tires are Hankook instead of Michelin but my concerns vanished on the ride home. The ride and road noise levels are good, certainly a step up from the LRMY. Throttle is a bit more responsive too even before the now purchased AB.

View attachment 803493View attachment 803494
I plan on AB for Father’s Day too. I think the big thing for the matrix lights is making sure the camera only FSD and Autopilot works well in limited light, now that radar is gone. Looks great. Happy for you.