Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MT Kisco and other northern folks:

Any plans to do something special with the car, once you take delivery, due to the harsh winters? Like ceramic coating or PPF. The stuff is expensive and I cant bring myself to dropping another >2k, but contemplating it.
Planning on doing a ceramic coating myself (CK-Quartz 3.0 grabbed on Amazon) and getting the Tesla OEM rear PPF installed by service center near me

Tried the live chat option. Agent was super nice, but said she could only see the same thing that I could see in the app. Sigh… still no updates since ordering almost 70 days ago -_____-
Hold steady. I didn’t get my first update until I hit my window and then they pushed a month. Now I’m in my two week window and still no update. Some of us get them and some of us don’t. Strange but true.

So amazing to see folks getting their M3s. Truly jealous lol. Anyone with a O/D or 03/05 get their vin yet? I keep hoping for it to come but am let down every time I open the app like most folks. Have even tried ctrl-u in edge to see if I can find a vin, typing 5yj comes up with about 80 garbled cominations of letters and numbers, none of which match or repeat so I’m clueless.

So amazing to see folks getting their M3s. Truly jealous lol. Anyone with a O/D or 03/05 get their vin yet? I keep hoping for it to come but am let down every time I open the app like most folks. Have even tried ctrl-u in edge to see if I can find a vin, typing 5yj comes up with about 80 garbled cominations of letters and numbers, none of which match or repeat so I’m clueless.
Easier method for source code is search for insurancef . Your vin should be displayed after it I think if you have one.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
I was bummed that I started my window today and still no love. OD of 2/15 so 86 days and growing. They said April when I ordered. I’m starting to feel like the old man on the blog. It would explain why randomly my replies include “GET OFF MY LAWN!”

West Valley love. Come on down.
My SA told me the same thing that it would be April, so I put the deposit right after we test drove it. But the war happened and supply chain followed and here we are 80-ish days in. I'm feelin' they are coming for us. Hang tight we're all gonna have the ride of our lives.

I think Tesla is doing 2.99%. I could be wrong

Time for another prediction :p
You get your VIN this Saturday night and get a delivery date of 29th.

Best thing to do is call the SA and preemptively schedule the delivery date for Monday. The car will be still in transit and they will assign a soft delivery date, so you wont have to worry about it.

Dont worry too much about this thing mate. You got a new amazing car. Enjoy it. Have fun with it. Dont let the whole matrix lights discussion get you down. A month ago 70-80% of the folks here didnt even know what matrix headlights were, and 2 months from now, people coming to this forum would not know about about matrix headlights either.
Right now the reflector and matrix are exactly the same. Maybe 2 years from now, Tesla might start adding them to Model Y LR and SR and then they might think about bringing in new software to leverage them. Till then you arent missing out on anything. And even at that time, you could potentially just reach out to SC and get them retrofitted if need be.
Retrofit would not be cheap at all. Better to decline the car now, and get the proper headlights vs accepting an inferier product you wern't supposed to get in the first place. Thats a straight bait and switch tatic that is illegal in the usa and for anyone to accept a car with old head lights is just encurraging this illegal behavior.

Retrofit would not be cheap at all. Better to decline the car now, and get the proper headlights vs accepting an inferier product you wern't supposed to get in the first place. Thats a straight bait and switch tatic that is illegal in the usa and for anyone to accept a car with old head lights is just encurraging this illegal behavior.
Only thing is they never advertised the car as coming with matrix headlights, just “LED” headlights so there was no bait. The 2 types of headlights have same NHTSA rating. If you got a car with sealed beam halogens, sure.

If you were to take them to court for installing a different type of LED headlight than what some other models come with, the court and legal costs would be orders of magnitude more than any lost value (again there was no bait, so the lawsuit wouldn’t succeed anyway). I doubt there would be any difference in the private used market sales price between projector LED and reflector LED in the end as 99% of the market won’t know or won’t care. On dealer trade, the same (since projector versus reflector type is not listed on Monroney, no dealer is going to care)

if you want projector type headlights and a car is offered without, I agree that rejecting the VIN is only recourse.

I thought I would post some information about my order in case others have seen significant delays. Order was M3LR, silver metallic, aero wheels.

OD 2/7/22
EDD #4 Sep - Dec 2022

About 2 weeks ago my EDD was 5/17-22 - 6/22/22. Then it changed to essentially Q4 of 2022. It appears many people with ODD's much later than mine are getting VINs and cars. I have no idea why my delivery is pushed so late.
That seems odd that your order date is early Feb.Mine is Feb 20th , see my signature for all the EDDs. It's as if you missed the flight and now you're on stand by. Call your SA. There has to be someone that can find out why your car is delayed into Q4.

I'm with you I also live in an apartment. I want the car to look nice but I also don't want to keep putting any more money into it. Hopefully that works out for you. I may just take the chance and try a automatic car wash out and see how it does. I've seen plenty of fancy cars in my area go thru one so I'd assume it'll be ok...
Yah. I dont have a heart to take it to one of the automatic car washes. :)

Ok so went with Tesla insurance vs. Staying with GEICO whom I have with my home insurance and they couldn't provide a better deal. Plus the liability coverage was lower. Also with my 16 Mazda CX5 they offered 20k. 6k equity going towards down payment. Still scheduled for pick up on Sunday 15th. Cashier's check or ACH payment? What yall suggest?

Hey guys. I see most people are getting EDD updates, however, is there anyone who hasn’t?

OD: 3/4
EDD: 5/23-6/20
MSM, aero wheels, black interior, no FSD.
Set to cash purchase a few days after submitting my order.

Tomorrow marks 70 days and I have had absolutely no action on my account. I’m anxiously awaiting any updates as my this current state makes me feel like Tesla forgot about me 🥲.
I am in the exact same boat as you. By exact same, I mean EXACT- same order date, same exact spec for the car, and same where my EDD has not changed since order. I must have ordered slightly sooner than you on the 4th, as I have a slightly earlier EDD. Or I suppose it could be logistics, as I am on the West coast. Hopefully we are gettin close, but I bet there was a LOT of cars sold around this time, as that was right as the gas prices were soaring and the Ukraine situation was really unfolding . . .

Anyone with OD around 3/10 got update on EDD? Mine hasn't changed for a month :(
My OD is 3/12 in CA as well. I'm starting to see a lot of Calif OD waiting well past 60 days waiting for VIN numbers. Come on Tesla start getting the cars out to the Calif SC please. Most of us are only a few hours from the factory. I have scheduled vacation in June!!!
I'm about a week after you with an almost identical EDD. I think us Bay Area folks are going to be waiting till June. I would love to be proven wrong though! Where are you picking up?
Please I hope it happens in May but I'm starting to lose hope every day I look on the forums after getting home from work.

Reactions: jpaychek
This. If you plan to keep your car for at least 3+ years then get the correct headlights. These cars will be so unwanted that the values will drop faster than the rest. No one wants a new car with older technology on it simply because of a supply shortage. Once the supply backlog is gone and this sellers market goes away, it'll be a buyers market and thats when you will have people low balling you for your car when they find out that its inferier to the rest of them in the same model year. Its like getting a downgrade and still paying the premium. Had tesla offered a 1k discount that would have accounted for the loss of value, but they didn't so in this case its better to decline the car, over this and ask for another. You wont loose your spot, at worst you have to wait another week or two. I wouldnt be suprised if these cars get declined multiple times before someone finally accepts it now knowing that they are being ripped off. I wouldnt be suprised to see tesla get a class action over this because of their inability to properly explain to the customer, before taking the car, that the headlights were changed from matrix to the years prior. That is considered a bait and switch and its illegal if they didn't inform the customer after ordering.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. They just removed the headlights and didn’t say a word but still command the same price. It’s honestly the same with the mobile connector. You can say what you wish about the connector and how it’s not a big deal but it was sneaky and underhanded just for the simple fact that it 100% was included in the car price. They are removing all of these things and steadily raising prices. The correct move would have been to announce it and cite supply chain issues and promise to retrofit when parts are available like all of the legacies are doing right now. It’s funny because it seems like tesla has zero interest in doing right by folks spending $50k + with them.