Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD March 5
EDD #1: May 14-June 12
EDD #2: May 14-28 (updated May 7)
EDD #3: May 18-June 1 (updated May 15)

So pushed back 3 days. No Vin in source code. I was surprised at the slight pushback but maybe it’s normal?
Is your pickup Vancouver BC or Portland Oregon? My pickup is Portland and my EDD #2 has not changed. (No VIN either but now I think I won't get one until the end of next week - I'm now thinking the car is going to be made next week.)

I was looking at the Google Spreadsheet Order tracker trying to see if I could make sense of anything relating to my order. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like there's a ton of folks with M3LR on the east coast with Pearl White who ordered around the same time that all seem like they're in a similar boat and still waiting on a delivery date. I'm not sure how Tesla does their manufacturing process but my guess would be that they just built a whole big batch of Pearl White that are being shipped this week.

Totally speculation and I could end up being completely wrong :)

Reactions: rrsrsr and jpaychek
Not sure if this is a normal thing, but I ordered on 3/17 (Seattle, WA) and have twice now had a delivery window of about a week. Very soon after I ordered I got March 23 - March 31, then just a week ago I got May 5 - May 13. Right as the day approached (March 22 and May 4, respectively), the date got shoved way out. I've heard stories of people getting crazy close delivery dates like 8 or 9 times before they deliver. This is taking years of my life :oops:.

I guess ultimately all delivery dates are total BS if I don't have a VIN (and I used the extension to check the source code too!), but is anyone else having this experience where it keeps being listed as basically imminent, only to be pushed out again? The main thing that makes it annoying is scrambling to get a bunch of accessories so that they're ready for delivery (front license plate holder, all-weather mats, etc), but then realizing I'll be outside the return policy without ever getting to test them now...

Anyway, probably a standard gripe -- just wanted to throw my experience out there!

(btw, order is M3LR, Red Multicoat w/ black interior, Sport Wheels, no FSD)
Seattle too but I got my delivery date before my final 2 week EDD. I don't know if I got someone's rejected car but you can get it early too!

Reactions: jpaychek