Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 0AB40E7A-23EE-40AA-991C-FAAA621EAAA0.jpeg
    0AB40E7A-23EE-40AA-991C-FAAA621EAAA0.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 97
  • AA3B1C58-C6E3-40F9-8124-515E411E299C.jpeg
    AA3B1C58-C6E3-40F9-8124-515E411E299C.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 76
Anyone know what sticklers they are on insurance for a cash purchase? My delivery date is 3 days earlier than what the insurance card says (because it is 3 days earlier than what my EDD 4-day window was). I uploaded it last week, 5 days before my delivery date was offered.

someone said it….the week-of-delivery wait is definitely killer!! Friday can’t get here fast enough.

II feel for your extended wait! Was that paint defect something you snapped a picture of or was it the kind of defect that would be difficult to show in a photo? I would like to see what it looked like.
Still at work but will definitely put up a picture or three when I can figure it out.

It was pretty bad.

This is why I "suggest" folks do NOT do ACH when taking delivery if possible. Yeah it costs a couple of bucks for a "cashiers check" from your bank but it gives you the ability to walk away for the cost of a couple of donuts ;).

There were other issues that I am not smart on but the glass for the top was very close to front/rear piece but had a 2mm or so larger gap. Several other things too but the major issue was the paint flaws. They were simply unacceptable.

The other thing to consider that I "paid for" is that Tesla requires proof of insurance. Depending on your insurance, you may get billed for a car you did not take. That cost us a few bucks. Kind of sucks.

Ill do my best to figure out posting photos videos here and if someone has a link to a tutorial on it I would be appreciative.

So again we wait. Not a big deal but it's adding up "pennies at a time".

:)

I ordered a rwd on 04/09 edd is 08/07 to 09/18 but i really to change awd..are there anybody out here the changed their order to awd and did it push their edd or did it bump them forward?i spoke to a tesla SA and she said they dont know until 24 hours when the change is applied..

Anyone know what sticklers they are on insurance for a cash purchase? My delivery date is 3 days earlier than what the insurance card says (because it is 3 days earlier than what my EDD 4-day window was). I uploaded it last week, 5 days before my delivery date was offered.

someone said it….the week-of-delivery wait is definitely killer!! Friday can’t get here fast enough.
I mean, I would want coverage on my new car regardless. You should be able to email your agent and they should be able to fix it within the same day.

This is why I "suggest" folks do NOT do ACH when taking delivery if possible. Yeah it costs a couple of bucks for a "cashiers check" from your bank but it gives you the ability to walk away for the cost of a couple of donuts ;).
Huh? Inspect the car, then pay. If you don't like the car, you don't pay, regardless of the method used. In fact, ACH is preferred so that you don't have to return the check if the vehicle isn't up to snuff.
Ill do my best to figure out posting photos videos here and if someone has a link to a tutorial on it I would be appreciative.
Position the cursor where you want the image to go in your reply, then press Ctrl+P. Drag your image into the box that pops up and it'll show up in your reply. If you want, you can click on the image in your reply and resize it using the little boxes that will appear at the corners of the image.

Received our VIN today. First noticed in the source code and then it appeared in the App a couple hours later. No text or call from SA yet. 2548XX
Please let us know what tires, matrix lights, etc. and customer experience. I'm curious to see what builds come to Cherry Hill. 🤔
I have been there once with a friend who picked up their new Model Y last year and the experience was very good and not rushed.

I ordered a rwd on 04/09 edd is 08/07 to 09/18 but i really to change awd..are there anybody out here the changed their order to awd and did it push their edd or did it bump them forward?i spoke to a tesla SA and she said they dont know until 24 hours when the change is applied..
I switched from RWD to LR AWD on 5/12 and 4 days later my EDD changed from 10/18 - 12/13 to Jul - Oct 2022. I’m possibly getting an actual date range tomorrow morning, and it took 4 days after changing my build to have the system automatically fix my EDD to match as if I initially ordered a LR.

But it could be different for you. It took four days for me. I switched to LR because there are still RWD orders from last year having yet to be fulfilled, and I am for sure not going to believe I would get it Oct - Dec had I stayed with an RWD order.

Huh? Inspect the car, then pay. If you don't like the car, you don't pay, regardless of the method used. In fact, ACH is preferred so that you don't have to return the check if the vehicle isn't up to snuff.
My SA said ACH isn’t always preferred. Tesla portal (bypassing Plaid or using Plaid) has saved your data for convenience even if you delete your data. It’s stored in the event you purchase additional cars. I recognize that it’s likely secure, but I’m not sure I want to risk it being saved. I haven’t decided, but I’m leaning towards Cashier’s Check after hearing about this. Hopefully, I’ll get a perfect car and not need to return anything! Fingers crossed, but I may finally take delivery this week!!!

Has anyone else changed their delivery location? I had an SA change my delivery location to Kansas City, and my EDD immediately jumped to Sep - Dec.
Assuming the information in your profile is correct and you only had 1 EDD of August to October before the switch, I second the other poster in asking if you have completed your profile on the app i.e. uploading the drivers licenses and wording for everyone you want on the car title. I too am picking up in Kansas City, but you ordered about a week before me and I'm expecting a car in 2-6 weeks. You can see my order and EDD details in my signature.

That's rough, both of those EDD dates seem longer than others with that configuration and order date. All tasks are completed in the app?
I'm relieved that you agree. Yes, all tasks are completed. I've actually never had an EDD "change". My first was what the website estimated at time of purchase. Now this one is what the website estimates for new orders today, which of course was triggered by my delivery center change.

My working theory is that my location, Iowa, where you can't take delivery unless all documents and steps towards purchase are finalized before the car gets within state lines, is the problem. Most people I know who own a Tesla took delivery in either Kansas City of Minneapolis, but for some reason I was assigned to Council Bluffs, IA.

Hoping my EDD "corrects" itself now that I'm picking up in Kansas City.