Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whelp, this morning I had the pleasure of updating my signature with EDD #10. I also had to edit my signature because I had reached the character limit. Sigh...
EDD shifted 1 week from May 16-30 to May 23-June 6.
No VIN in app or source code as of this morning.
Today is 84 days.
I'd normally say something funny, but at this point I'm just frustrated. I keep seeing March OD's getting VIN's, which doesn't make sense. Happy for them, truly, but I WANT MY DAMN CAR!
I think one issue we're running into is that they're mass shipping to mid-states/East Coast. I have a feeling West Coast will be in June at this point (hopefully first or second week). I had one Tesla rep tell me over the phone during the end of the first quarter that he was seeing a potential build date for mine on May 29th. No one else could confirm that but he seemed positive. I'm hoping he was right and it would actually line up.

I think one issue we're running into is that they're mass shipping to mid-states/East Coast. I have a feeling West Coast will be in June at this point (hopefully first or second week). I had one Tesla rep tell me over the phone during the end of the first quarter that he was seeing a potential build date for mine on May 29th. No one else could confirm that but he seemed positive. I'm hoping he was right and it would actually line up.
And right there is one of my biggest issues with Tesla: Information is based on the individual person you speak to and their willingness to be helpful. How does a company even allow this? Zero consistency. Hell, how is it that I know information before the employees? (like the charging cable and matrix lights). Tesla needs to seriously step up their customer service game and their employee training.

And right there is one of my biggest issues with Tesla: Information is based on the individual person you speak to and their willingness to be helpful. How does a company even allow this? Zero consistency. Hell, how is it that I know information before the employees? (like the charging cable and matrix lights). Tesla needs to seriously step up their customer service game and their employee training.
Their response to your suggestions, if they were being honest, would be that they don't have time to train. They're growing too fast and I'm not defending them but we're lucky they provide any information at all. Or maybe we're not lucky at all since it's often incorrect.

But I agree that getting different information from each of them is frustrating. The one in particular that bothers me is how some SAs say they can see things like build dates and others say it isn't possible.

So I received the update to make final payment and to schedule my delivery. First available was 5/25 (week from today). This morning I went to the Service Center to see if my car was there and it is not. Is it odd that they would schedule a delivery without the car being delivered?

ALSO: there were three M3LRs (two 240xxx and one 241xxx) on site all with Matrix lights.

I agree. I get that my SA is newer to the company and probably only has limited info (or is strictly told to only give limited info (who knows)), but when I was calling quite literally every day (one of the reps I talked to told me to) at the end of Q1 asking for an unassigned VIN I got so many different answers. One mentioned May 29th and was EXTREMELY helpful. Others literally told me the same 05/21 - 06/18 range I could see in the app and said to "be patient", and others just said to reach out to my SA. I'm not asking for a lot, but at least release a schedule or something "During the beginning of the quarter we focus on East Coast, end of quarter we focus on West Coast".

So I received the update to make final payment and to schedule my delivery. First available was 5/25 (week from today). This morning I went to the Service Center to see if my car was there and it is not. Is it odd that they would schedule a delivery without the car being delivered?

ALSO: there were three M3LRs (two 240xxx and one 241xxx) on site all with Matrix lights.
Not odd at all. Your vehicle is in transit to the location and they give themselves a day or so to inspect it, clean it, etc.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Their response to your suggestions, if they were being honest, would be that they don't have time to train. They're growing too fast and I'm not defending them but we're lucky they provide any information at all. Or maybe we're not lucky at all since it's often incorrect.

But I agree that getting different information from each of them is frustrating. The one in particular that bothers me is how some SAs say they can see things like build dates and others say it isn't possible.
Exactly!!!

Reactions: SCTes1aMan

Yeah I think we need to have realistic expectations of Tesla. While they are a trillion dollars' company, they are a tiny auto manufacturer by volume and the youngest one that has an established product. They are ahead of the competition in driver train and battery, but they have not had the time to perfect sales and customer service. Some of their innovations became their flaws:

1. Sharing EDD with buyers means when EDD shifts, customers get frustrated, and customers ask for even more transparency
2. Relying exclusive on custom order means some customers experience longer wait times
3. Retaining their ability to modify components regardless of the model year results in SAs not being informed of component changes and thus not being able to answer customer questions regarding these.

None of the traditional manufacturers has these problems because they run a different business model.

So it was confirmed yesterday that our SA is not just 1 person. The gentleman that helped me said if I had any questions just text that number that has been contacting you since it is sent "here" (Local Tesla) and someone will respond.... hmm so the guy Godofredo I've been texting this whole time could be Leslie? Or Ashley? David? Lol. Beautiful customer service. So deceiving. Therefore some have limited knowledge.

So it was confirmed yesterday that our SA is not just 1 person. The gentleman that helped me said if I had any questions just text that number that has been contacting you since it is sent "here" (Local Tesla) and someone will respond.... hmm so the guy Godofredo I've been texting this whole time could be Leslie? Or Ashley? David? Lol. Beautiful customer service. So deceiving. Therefore some have limited knowledge.
I thought that was pretty evident. It’s like calling the 800 number for AT&T. It’s just a generic customer service text chat. You MIGHT actually be getting someone at your pickup location (or not sometimes) but we aren’t assigned a personal concierge.

I have a feeling there are a few of us that ordered in Feb and getting these little pushes but for the love of Tesla just hand over the car and no one will get hurt.
Day 86 and counting....
Where is your delivery location? I have mine in Camarillo, but was thinking of maybe changing it to Burbank to see if that may make a difference with pushing up my EDD and receiving a VIN :rolleyes: ?

Where is your delivery location? I have mine in Camarillo, but was thinking of maybe changing it to Burbank to see if that may make a difference with pushing up my EDD and receiving a VIN :rolleyes: ?
Camarillo. One stop closer to Freemont right? LOL! I wished I did Santa Barbara but had no idea of all these details and information that I have learned about from everyone here at TMC. Plus I don't want to I take any chances of delays of changing. Plus we're in the home stretch, well I would like to believe that. But looking back while talking with my SA after the test drive and him telling me April and "we will look for a car if one comes up sooner" yeah right. Not knowing the real date is more looking like June.

Last edited:
Camarillo. One stop closer to Freemont right? LOL! I wished I did Santa Barbara but had no idea of all these details and information that I have learned about from everyone here at TMC. Plus I don't want to I take any chances of delays of changing. Plus we're in the home stretch, well I would like to believe that. But looking back while talking with my SA after the test drive and him telling me April and "we will look for a car if one comes up sooner" yeah right. Not knowing the real date is more looking like June.
lol you do have a good point with Freemont being one stop closer haha. This home stretch seems to be taking forever for a lot of us on the West Coast. I'm thinking June and being the end of the quarter looks more realistic for fulfilling the late Feb and early March orders.

It is what someone else said….it’s on the transport vehicle on its way to the delivery location.

I was told ‘unless something happens with transport’ when they texted me for delivery.