Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
84 days of waiting and now I'm finally a proud owner of a M3LR!!! :D

VIN #253 with matrix lights, Michelin tires and mobile charger. I haven't had much time to fully poke around the car yet so I haven't checked to see if it has the Ryzen chip but I'm assuming it does.

The car has just a minor issue with the charging port not being fully flush and scratch on one of the headlights. I've already scheduled a service visit to have at least the charge port issue fixed. The pickup process was relatively smooth other than a small nuance with my loan lender (Stanford Credit Union). The setup between SFCU and Tesla required me to accept the terms with an actual person.

I wish you all get your cars soon and without any major issues!

Adios peeps!
Congrats on becoming a new owner

We just received our VIN (2375xx) this morning. We ordered on 2/26 and had no movement in the EDD until last week when the EDD switched to a 2 week window. Yesterday we received an offer on our trade-in, declined it, and this morning had a VIN. We are taking delivery in north TX and I think I was surprised to see what I thought was a lower number VIN. Although I'm not actually sure what I should be expecting. We were just excited to see something - we honestly thought they had forgotten about us because our dates had not budged since February.

OD 2/26/2022 M3LR | MSM | BLK | 18 | No FSD
Congrats

View attachment 805353
Finally going to sleep. Added a few things. :) BTW this car was almost perfect! A few smudges on the leather cleaned right off, you can tell they detailed the exterior and left some wax or whatever but will be doing a full clean and possibly ceramic coat. No ppf. Already coated the leather with GYEON leather ceramic. Will be sticking around for awhile, I aint got them social media's so ill be sticking with TMC :) and of course waiting to see yall receive your cars! Especially @T-J- !! Gnight!
Congrats beautiful car

• Love
Reactions: Junior86
Just joined.
OD 3/22, EDD 6/9-7/7,
M3LR, Red, white interior, Aero, NoFSD, Kennesaw,GA delivery location. Should I wait until I get contacted with a VIN before I start my loan process?
Read the posts from the last month or so, you’ll see the two week window does not necessarily mean a delivery is anytime soon. Some even have their cars sitting at the SC for weeks. You won’t be able to buy your car until it’s ready by Tesla’s standards.
Every SA I’ve spoken to says to select ‘Cash’ and wait until a VIN appears in your app. This way Tesla thinks your ready to purchase now and there isn’t anything stopping you from taking immediate delivery. Telling Tesla your financing means monitoring your account to make sure financing steps are complete and your approval hasn’t expired.
I have mine set to cash and no trade-in. When (if😝) I get a VIN, a simple phone call to Tesla is all I need to get the financing ball rolling.
Use the KISS principle when ordering a Tesla.

Heads up: the EDD on the building page has changed if you order now:

Base build: Oct 2022 - Jan 2023
Upgrades (wheels, color, etc.): Aug - Nov 2022

Never assume... I've been driving my April OD model 3 for almost a week now. It was NOT a cancelation.

In fact the people I have talked to in this group and the people at my SC have all said that order from my area are usually all under 30 days from order to delivery. They said to ignore the EDD's you get that are several months out...

Location seems to be the golden ticket to fast delivery.
Well Forest consider OH very lucky because those of us in CA aren't feelin' so golden. To me I think they just pull names out of a hat for CA. Day 87 no FSD, no extra paint color, no 19" and no communication for the real date.. Today I actually entered my 2 week EDD and at point it's out of my control when this thing shows up in So cal.

Reactions: DrChaos
Tesla's banks seem to be 60 days. I've talked with several credit unions in the Carolinas and they were all 60, DCU (DCU | Personal & Business Banking) is 60 or more I believe.
Tesla financing’s rates are locked in for 30 days. DCU wouldn’t lock in until you have a VIN, and my local CU locks in rates for only 30 days unfortunately.

Attachments

• 511B0D4C-8E85-4B39-88DC-E07FD833CA67.jpeg
    511B0D4C-8E85-4B39-88DC-E07FD833CA67.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 74
Never assume... I've been driving my April OD model 3 for almost a week now. It was NOT a cancelation.

In fact the people I have talked to in this group and the people at my SC have all said that order from my area are usually all under 30 days from order to delivery. They said to ignore the EDD's you get that are several months out...

Everyone: brb, just gonna move to Akron OH for a bit

84 days of waiting and now I'm finally a proud owner of a M3LR!!! :D

VIN #253 with matrix lights, Michelin tires and mobile charger. I haven't had much time to fully poke around the car yet so I haven't checked to see if it has the Ryzen chip but I'm assuming it does.

The car has just a minor issue with the charging port not being fully flush and scratch on one of the headlights. I've already scheduled a service visit to have at least the charge port issue fixed. The pickup process was relatively smooth other than a small nuance with my loan lender (Stanford Credit Union). The setup between SFCU and Tesla required me to accept the terms with an actual person.

I wish you all get your cars soon and without any major issues!

Adios peeps!
That’s awesome !! I also have VIN 253, and supposedly it does have the new chip from what I was told by the SA.
Glad your experience went mostly well

Tesla financing’s rates are locked in for 30 days. DCU wouldn’t lock in until you have a VIN, and my local CU locks in rates for only 30 days unfortunately.
My Telsa financing was 60 days and some others have said the same so I assume it's different based on the bank. Oddly, the funding didn't show as having expired in my account until day 63 and then I moved it to cash.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86 and Hiline

Honestly, even when I switched to LR since RWD is in a crisis of still having to complete last year's orders, I still can't guarantee that location is a huge factor, if not a small one. I fall outside of the quarter push, so I would have to wait for the end of Q3.

Not to mention the FLL dealer has a tiny parking lot, having been there twice. You can fit like 15-20 new cars waiting to be picked up there.

Believe what you want, but your car was someone else's before you. Period. Not sure why you are getting defensive about your car not being a cancellation. Who gives a crap how they got the car? As long as they got it.
Akron, Ohio is not the hotspot for Tesla to be making deliveries a priority.
If location played that significant of a role, then everyone picking up at the Fremont factory would have their cars first.

I got my 5 posts in and updated my signature 🥳 With a late April OD looks like it's gonna be a while. On a side note the level of detail I've learned about Teslas from this forum is astonishing. I know way more about my undelivered car after a couple weeks of being on here than I do my wife of 15 years 🤭
I'm sort of on the same boat as you, just a few weeks ahead as far as OD.

Reactions: Junior86
Believe what you want, but your car was someone else's before you. Period. Not sure why you are getting defensive about your car not being a cancellation. Who gives a crap how they got the car? As long as they got it.
Akron, Ohio is not the hotspot for Tesla to be making deliveries a priority.
If location played that significant of a role, then everyone picking up at the Fremont factory would have their cars first.
Did you get an EDD change today? I changed my account to say cash yesterday and changed the color of my car.