Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One theory could be that Akron, OH could be a transport hub. Vehicles being shipped across the country go through there. That being said, if there are any cancelations of those vehicles anyone in Akron could get a quick delivery of one.
There’s no quicker transport to a delivery center than the Fremont factory. It makes zero sense Akron orders get cars faster than Fremont pickup or anywhere else in the country.

Does anyone know when you can review agreements? Its still greyed out for me and my delivery is in 2 days. Does it become available when you pick up the car?

Don’t believe there are any agreements to review for us. Just text/call your SA if you need a copy / want to see the MVPA. They’ll send you a copy. You go through signing it at delivery.

And yes, I’m still lingering around here until you pick up your car. 😊

Update - EDD is now 2 week window June 11 - June 25.

No vin yet in app or in source code. 55 days from order to today ( unless I miscounted)
Oh I should add that I'm in the Charlotte, NC area.

Hopefully the EDD will hold where it is and isn't someone refused on - seems like a shortish wait for me based on what I'm seeing others posting? Maybe its end of quarter magic in effect...

One theory could be that Akron, OH could be a transport hub. Vehicles being shipped across the country go through there. That being said, if there are any cancelations of those vehicles anyone in Akron could get a quick delivery of one.
Chicago, Illinois and Birmingham, Alabama

Tesla is not expediting shipments to Akron, Ohio.
My scheduled pickup got delayed. Got a text message from the Cincy SC and they said it's delayed in transit and they moved it to this Sat at 12:30 (it was originally scheduled for tomorrow morning).
Well, there's a second example of Tesla being the source of a delivery delay.

Reactions: jpaychek
I was also 2 days away from the start of my 2 week window 5/20-6/3. Thought VIN would come any day now but just got pushed to a 4 week window of 6/3-7/1. OD 2/26

Are you in SoCal by any chance?
Yes picking up from the Buena Park location. How about you?

Kind of annoyed that Tesla SA reached out to get the trade-in started and now can't put 1000 miles in for a month to keep that offer lol

• Informative
Reactions: ARamAZ and Junior86
Don’t believe there are any agreements to review for us. Just text/call your SA if you need a copy / want to see the MVPA. They’ll send you a copy. You go through signing it at delivery.

And yes, I’m still lingering around here until you pick up your car. 😊
Thank you! I can wait till delivery day to see it. More excited about the car than some silly agreement ahaha. Us vancouverites have to stick together!

There’s no quicker transport to a delivery center than the Fremont factory. It makes zero sense Akron orders get cars faster than Fremont pickup or anywhere else in the country.
My thought is that they only had like 1 order going to Ohio and couldn’t justify sending 1 car on a transport and decided to at least fill up a truck so the OH people got lucky and got theirs early.

My thought is that they only had like 1 order going to Ohio and couldn’t justify sending 1 car on a transport and decided to at least fill up a truck so the OH people got lucky and got theirs early.
Yeah, I think that applies to a number of surprise orders; a rail car needs to be filled, a truck needs to be filled, so they build a few extra cars for the appropriate destinations and include them when they wouldn't normally be included. When I see a base configuration vehicle being delivered at the same time as vehicles with multiple options, that's my go-to explanation.