Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CD2FB6AF-639A-44D9-9A80-438298B2709A.jpeg

Finally…Thanks for all the camaraderie! I couldn’t have made it through the last 97 days without all the advice, insight, and venting on this forum. No issues at all with the car that I could find. 🤩

I was just reading on a Tesla Facebook group that you can request Matrix headlight to be installed later if you're given the old ones. The poster even shared screens showing the conversation and appointment information. He insisted on it while calling the main 800 number and they agreed his car should have them and they'll be adding them during his service appointment.
I won’t believe it until there’s proof they actually changed the lights.

I think someone on here said they had an appointment scheduled then Tesla later cancelled it saying they can’t do it.

Someone on Reddit said they had an appointment scheduled but they never updated if it was actually done or not.

If it’s not that important to you then go ahead and accept the car with old lights and try the service request and see if they will change them out for matrix.

But if matrix lights are a must have then the best option is to reject the car with old lights and hope the next VIN has matrix. From most recent data points it seems all new builds should have matrix again. Unless someone gets assigned an older VIN for some reason (probably previous rejection due to lights or charge port).

I won’t believe it until there’s proof they actually changed the lights.

I think someone on here said they had an appointment scheduled then Tesla later cancelled it saying they can’t do it.

Someone on Reddit said they had an appointment scheduled but they never updated if it was actually done or not.

If it’s not that important to you then go ahead and accept the car with old lights and try the service request and see if they will change them out for matrix.

But if matrix lights are a must have then the best option is to reject the car with old lights and hope the next VIN has matrix. From most recent data points it seems all new builds should have matrix again. Unless someone gets assigned an older VIN for some reason (probably previous rejection due to lights or charge port).
In this case, he did say that the SC manager said they couldn't do it and then the phone calll he made supposedly led to the appointment. So I agree that until we see it actually happen I'm not sure I would get too excited.

View attachment 806380
Finally…Thanks for all the camaraderie! I couldn’t have made it through the last 97 days without all the advice, insight, and venting on this forum. No issues at all with the car that I could find. 🤩
Congrats! I've followed your journey and couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy your car!

Contacted Tesla (using the Delivery Center phone #) today. We received our VIN on 05/16; and then requested to switch from Cash to Outside Financing on 05/17, but still had not received the MVPA which we were told would only take about 24 hours. The SA we talked to said he was not sure why it was not on our account yet, but that he would e-mail someone with financing and it usually only take minutes then. We then received the MVPA within an hour which we uploaded to DCU. Will call DCU tomorrow to finalize. Our EDD narrowed around the same time to 05/22-05/28 but no option to select a specific delivery day yet (see sig for previous EDD).

View attachment 806380
Those wheels are so cool. Glad to have it in my order build. Your build is exactly like mine. Cool to see it! Congrats and enjoy. Still 5 months to go for me but it’s okay because I’m still new in the order line.

Reactions: TeslianInNC
I was given 1 day(Saturday) with 3-4 different times to choose from. But it didn’t matter because they then pushed it out a week the Thursday before pickup. They said vehicle is still being transported & hasn’t arrived yet. I’m suppose to be picking up this Saturday in Philly.. but who knows for sure.
I think most people get a 2-3 day window to choose from.

Are you picking up at Devon or Cherry Hill?

Anyone besides me ever order a Tesla without ever even sitting in one? My dad would be shaking his head at me in disgust.
I did. I can’t get an appointment to test drive one because they never have any cars available. Luckily I walked a client out one day and saw a Tesla sitting there and told them I had just ordered one but never even drove one and he handed me his keys. Luckily I had watched ALL the videos on how to drive it, otherwise I would have felt like a dumba…

trust me I do not want to win.
emp at the store told me today that other people have been waiting over 185 days. I wasn't born yesterday. I highly doubt there are others waiting this long for the car they make the most of.
How long has it been since you released your first VIN? Any number of days after that do not count since they already attempted to give you the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: j_j_g
Contacted Tesla (using the Delivery Center phone #) today. We received our VIN on 05/16; and then requested to switch from Cash to Outside Financing on 05/17, but still had not received the MVPA which we were told would only take about 24 hours. The SA we talked to said he was not sure why it was not on our account yet, but that he would e-mail someone with financing and it usually only take minutes then. We then received the MVPA within an hour which we uploaded to DCU. Will call DCU tomorrow to finalize. Our EDD narrowed around the same time to 05/22-05/28 but no option to select a specific delivery day yet (see sig for previous EDD).

Forgot to mention... we also asked if the car had global/matrix lights and were told it does. VIN is 254XXX