Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely, it’s therapeutic….
For the reservation process in general it’s an absolute cluster with the dealer allocation model. I placed my order on 9/8 2021 and was communicated 12-16 weeks to get my car. By mid December I still didn’t have a build date and they were scheduling March. Meanwhile on the forums people with same config and October orders are getting build dates. With ford you get a priority code 0-99, that’s tied to dealers allocation. Once you get to 10 you can expect a build date. By feb 15th 2022 my priority code was sitting at 16 (and it’s like pulling teeth to get the dealer to tell you your #) That same week they had just finished slotting cars for May builds. So, best case scenario I would get a June 2022 build date with delivery in August. Best case scenario…

Then there were inconsinstances with deposit. Ford website requires $500, then you find that your local dealer requires another $500.

Ford also had numerous issues with plant shut down and no chips. My impression is that Ford is doing a really crappy job of getting ahead of supply chain issues - may be unfair of me but I’m in the que for an M3 and Rivian. Issues I read on Tesla forum pale in comparison to Ford. Rivian is somewhere in the middle.
I can imagine the lack of coordination between corporate and dealership, but your original expected delivery date was December 2021 and now it is August 2022 at the earliest?

How did you get updates on your priority code?

You're exactly right, I just don't find the benefit in FSD, especially at the price point. The most beneficial point of FSD is just the lane changes on the highways. I'm not at all interested, nor do I trust the system to drive on city streets. As far as AB, I loved it and the new Model 3 is probably going to get AB almost as fast as I can get it home LOL.
I’ll second that.

I had FSD on my MS before it was totaled (high-speed hit and run), and I’ve opted not to get it on my M3LR. FSD was fun while I had it. I suspect I’ll miss the continuity of AP across lane changes, the “bing” when the light turns green, and maybe summon (not Smart Summon) the most. With that said, there’s no freakin way that’s worth $12K. When I get to the 4yr/50Kmi marker and have to figure out what to do next, if FSD (or a competitor’s equivalent) is real, functioning, and beneficial, I’ll think about it then.

Not gonna lie...I'm pretty damn jealous. I have a OD 1 day after you with similar pick up location (just different paint and interior) and I got bumped to July 31 - Sept 11.
ouch! :( sorry to hear that and was not trying to rub it in anyone's face or anything, just was excited is all.

I wouldnt put too much thought into it, it could change back to july/august later tonight for me. From what I see there isnt a rhyme or reason to Tesla's edd's. So unless you get the VIN and a three day pickup window the EDD's are just for "feelings" :)

Day 87. 3 days before my 3rd two-week EDD starts. No VIN in app or source code.
Seeing all of these early March OD's getting VINs, I'm starting to wonder if the universe is paying me back for something.
Did I bully someone as a kid? Did I step on an ant? Did I do one too many "Your momma.." jokes?
Who knows? But hey, I can continue to still have fun with everyone else waiting for their car!
Today, I reveal myself! Recent pic of me working in Flagstaff. No, I'm no longer an officer. I train them now. Anyone else wanna reveal themselves?

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    776.6 KB · Views: 76
I’m seeing East coast, mid-March ODs getting early June EDDs, hoping us Left coast, mid-March ODs will see movement soon. Iots of activity to happen soon, especially if the dam breaks on Charger Port/ECU at all the dealers…. Standing by…😀
It seems like the West Coast orders from late Feb through mid Mar are not getting any movement at all, so depressing 😭.

Day 87. 3 days before my 3rd two-week EDD starts. No VIN in app or source code.
Seeing all of these early March OD's getting VINs, I'm starting to wonder if the universe is paying me back for something.
Did I bully someone as a kid? Did I step on an ant? Did I do one too many "Your momma.." jokes?
Who knows? But hey, I can continue to still have fun with everyone else waiting for their car!
Today, I reveal myself! Recent pic of me working in Flagstaff. No, I'm no longer an officer. I train them now. Anyone else wanna reveal themselves?
HAHA right on, glad you have a good attitude about it. I just got a slight pushback on my M3P (see sig) but hey, I'm going to be out of town for a week anyways where I can't drive it. TBH, I WFH and don't drive that much anyways...

Reactions: T-J- and jpaychek
I’ll second that.
I'll pile on, and I've only had my Model 3 for a couple months. I got FSD for what it could become, not what it is today. The Autopilot stuff is phenomenal for highway driving (especially stop and go traffic), and FSD is nice for lane changing, but I don't use any of it on secondary roads. That's because the car's version of driving is much harsher than mine and it doesn't instill confidence. Also, the constant fiddling with the steering wheel is downright annoying. I keep hearing people who are testing FSD Beta say "That's exactly how I would have handled that", which is precisely what I want to hear, but the non-beta stuff isn't close to that range of competence. I describe it to people as a nervous teen driver. I even hesitate to use the cruise control because it's "smart" and the car will (improperly) brake for cars that are crossing the road ahead, and very occasionally freak out at some strange configuration of objects along the side of the road.

It will have become the promised miracle when I can dial in the driving experience to match or exceed my abilities. Avoiding potholes would be nice.

Just saw my EDD slip a bit further away moving from 6/3 - 6/17 to now 6/5 - 6/19.

Okay Tesla, game on.

When I was younger, a time before the internet, we used to order stuff from catalogs. I would save up for months, birthday money, allowance, and paper route money, just to order something from the catalog. Of course it was always a 4-6 delivery time, which when you are 13 it felt like 4-6 months. I would faithfully check the mail everyday for the first couple of weeks, then slowly it would be a couple times a week, until I completely forgot about my order, and finally two months later there it was, the box sitting on the porch! Fast forward to adulthood, I am here pre-ordering new album releases sometimes 4 months in advance. When I get the confirmation email I always click the "View Order" button to see if maybe by some chance it was going to ship earlier. It isn't until I get that final email, "Your order has shipped!", only to see "Waiting on vendor..." on the USPS tracker. Then just like when I was younger there it would be the box sitting in front of my door!

So I say, okay Tesla, game on. I have trained for this long wait, there is no way I am giving up! That $250 deposit is non-refundable and I am no way giving you free money. At this point I am fully expecting the date to slip further into June and maybe possibly July and I am mentally prepared for the change. I will get this car eventually (I hope).

On a side note, it is very nice to see people getting their cars on here, just helps me know this isn't a mirage on the distant horizon.

ouch! :( sorry to hear that and was not trying to rub it in anyone's face or anything, just was excited is all.

I wouldnt put too much thought into it, it could change back to july/august later tonight for me. From what I see there isnt a rhyme or reason to Tesla's edd's. So unless you get the VIN and a three day pickup window the EDD's are just for "feelings" :)
100% you should be excited. I don't think you were rubbing it in anyone's face.

I agree with you on not getting too amped up one way or another EDD'S until we have VIN's and delivery dates scheduled. I need to take up yoga or drinking to remain calm. Any suggestions on which would be more effective?

Like clockwork, my delivery date updated to May 20-24 at 10AM ET. Anyone else with the charge port issue receive something more substantive? Or, alternatively, anyone in Florida actually pick up a M3LR in the past week?

Seriously annoying lack of transparency here. Also just preposterous to include today's date when the car clearly isn't ready. If you're going to be arbitrarily automated, at least do 5/21-25.

I asked about options for getting my assignment switched to a VIN that's actually available (want to make sure this would go to me, as opposed to someone who is supposed to be further back in line), such as one with upgraded features or a last-minute finance drop-out, but haven't heard back.

Reactions: Nfletcher