Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an appointment to pickup tomorrow morning and just got a call that my pickup has been delayed for 10 days because they found an issue with my car in the service center and now need run diagnostics.
What was actually wrong with the car the SA was not able to say... pretty annoying :mad:
Anyone in Socal get this last minute carpet pull?

Last edited:
That would be me! I was just at the SC in Eatonville and was told there was a delay in transit for my M3. Was to arrive on 6/4 and now it’s 6/7.
I didn’t get the text (no surprise) and hope mine is on that truck or an earlier one. The SA at Eatonville told me they were expecting 60 cars so while ours may not be on the same truck, they will arrive in a close timeframe.
BTW, if you haven’t been to the site, it’s very, very cramped with only 9 parking slots.
Here’s to us getting our cars hopefully next week then! I haven’t been there actually but with only 9 spots, hopefully people just pickup and go to make room.

My M3 is scheduled for home delivery this Friday and I called customer service today to see if I could pick it up any sooner. Rep was going to send an email to SA to check but she did confirm that the vehicle I had arrived at local hub and has passed inspection. Is there any reason I shouldn’t be able to pick it up tomorrow or are there other steps the vehicle must pass before a customer takes possession? All tasks on my end have been completed.

Need to start thinking of some names what have you guys pick ?
My kids named my red MY "Aka Tsuki" from the Naruto anime. Aka tsuki translates to "red moon". I had originally name it "Akazukin-chan" ( Little Red Riding hood in Japanese). I planned to name my M3 "Snoopy" but we might get a vinyl wrap to change the color so Snoopy might not work...

Just got my VIN - 268xxx for an M3LR MSM black interior with 18" aeros no FSD. Order was placed on 3/12 with an original EDD of May 25 - June 22 which changed once to June 11 - June 25. As soon as VIN was sent, EDD changed to June 16 - June 20. I am in central NC. Will update as we progress and HOPEFULLY end up with a functioning car with charge port ECU/matrix headlights and no hiccups on 6/16!

Seems like Tesla insurance is the way to go. Cheaper than my current (Progressive) would’ve been. At least for California since they won’t take your driving score into account and I assume they’ll have better access to replacement parts.
Be prepared to adapt your driving style to Tesla's algorithm if you want to chase the highest scores - and the lowest rates. The fact that the algorithm can be on the mind of a driver is a bad thing. It's certainly on my mind when I drive because I want to get into the FSD Beta program, and I'm definitely driving less safely as a result of the algorithm.

Is there any reason I shouldn’t be able to pick it up tomorrow
Yes. Other customers picking up their cars. One does not simply walk into Tesla and drive off with a car. Who knows how many man-hours go into the preparation process for selling a car in your area. Then there's the steps that need to be performed to hand over the car. Trade-in. Paperwork. Customer inspection. Maybe you'll be able to reschedule for tomorrow, but don't be surprised if you cannot.

Hello waiting room! Been tracking the forum for quite some time after my order. I have entered the two-week EDD window. Time to post. :)

M3LR | MSM | Black | 18" Aero | No FSD | OD: 3/12 | EDD (time of order): May 2022 | EDD1 (3/15): 6/14-7/12 | EDD2 (4/5): 6/5-7/17 |
EDD3 (4/17): 6/10-7/15 | EDD4 (4/22): 5/26-6/30 | EDD5 (5/9): 6/2-6/30 | EDD6 (5/30): 6/12-6/26 | Pickup Saskatoon, SK

Just got my VIN - 268xxx for an M3LR MSM black interior with 18" aeros no FSD. Order was placed on 3/12 with an original EDD of May 25 - June 22 which changed once to June 11 - June 25. As soon as VIN was sent, EDD changed to June 16 - June 20. I am in central NC. Will update as we progress and HOPEFULLY end up with a functioning car with charge port ECU/matrix headlights and no hiccups on 6/16!
My window is the same (6/16-6/20) and I'm picking it up in Charlotte.

Reactions: jpaychek
All,
I’m picking the car up tomorrow morning and I just received a text from Tesla saying that I should make final payment so there are no delays. I remember reading a thread that that should not happen and we should not pay it until we’re there, is that correct? TIA. Pickup is tomorrow early am
That's correct, you can wait and pay once you've accepted the car. Most like to take their check with them rather than sending payment before.

Reactions: Mod3HV
Yes. Other customers picking up their cars. One does not simply walk into Tesla and drive off with a car. Who knows how many man-hours go into the preparation process for selling a car in your area. Then there's the steps that need to be performed to hand over the car. Trade-in. Paperwork. Customer inspection. Maybe you'll be able to reschedule for tomorrow, but don't be surprised if you cannot.
One does not simply walk into Mordor...👹☠️🧙‍♂️