Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alas, it appears that June 1st is not a new EDD day. Still sitting on 8/11 - 9/22, which means the new EDD per five days streak will break. It's back to checking the app daily.

Hoping that June is the month early April orders start to get their VINs, since March had fantastic results in May.

EDIT: Also realizing that the streak is 4, not 3. It appears there's another five day range between the build edit date and the first actual EDD for the LR.

Alas, it appears that June 1st is not a new EDD day. Still sitting on 8/11 - 9/22, which means the new EDD per five days streak will break. It's back to checking the app daily.

Hoping that June is the month early April orders start to get their VINs, since March had fantastic results in May.

EDIT: Also realizing that the streak is 4, not 3. It appears there's another five day range between the build edit date and the first actual EDD for the LR.
I was 8am saturdays for a long time.

Looks like I'm only 17 days behind your OD. If it's giving you a 8/11-9/22 EDD, does that mean I can expect mine to be somewhere around early Sep / early Oct? I know this can only be wild speculation, but my current EDD has me paranoid :oops:

I was 8am saturdays for a long time.
Not sure I understand. You had a new EDD every Saturday? In my sig, there was a new EDD every 5 days.
Looks like I'm only 17 days behind your OD. If it's giving you a 8/11-9/22 EDD, does that mean I can expect mine to be somewhere around early Sep / early Oct? I know this can only be wild speculation, but my current EDD has me paranoid :oops:
I was confused by "17 days behind your OD" and realized you were talking about the range between your OD and my edit date. I don't know if I am in the 4/30 (OD) or 5/12 (edit) line. Tesla may have stopped that from happening, but people from RWD who ordered in 2021 switched to LR many months later and got a VIN and delivery not even a whole week through. You ordered pretty recently, so expect that EDD to change frequently. Look at my sig for reference. As I heard, initial EDDs are always true, so I wouldn't be surprised if I get it in October - December.

EDIT: Also it looks like your current EDD is the same as my first EDD, which was given back when I initially ordered RWD, and my third EDD, which was my first new EDD given when I switched from RWD to LR. Then after that, a fluctuation. You're also from Florida, so my sig should give you some perspectives.

Last edited:
Not sure I understand. You had a new EDD every Saturday? In my sig, there was a new EDD every 5 days.

I was confused by "17 days behind your OD" and realized you were talking about the range between your OD and my edit date. I don't know if I am in the 4/30 (OD) or 5/12 (edit) line. Tesla may have stopped that from happening, but people from RWD who ordered in 2021 switched to LR many months later and got a VIN and delivery not even a whole week through. You ordered pretty recently, so expect that EDD to change frequently. Look at my sig for reference. As I heard, initial EDDs are always true, so I wouldn't be surprised if I get it in October - December.

EDIT: Also it looks like your current EDD is the same as my first EDD, which was given back when I initially ordered RWD, and my third EDD, which was my first new EDD given when I switched from RWD to LR. Then after that, a fluctuation. You're also from Florida, so my sig should give you some perspectives.
Yeah I was going off of your edit date because I thought that would maybe "reset" the clock but I guess if Tesla hasn't started making the car then that shouldn't matter too much, probably wrong for me to think that the clock would reset.

Does anyone have experience with changing their delivery location? I'm making a big move from FL to NY around October. Should I not worry about this until I can get in contact with my SA?

Public Service Announcement

Please add your order details to your forum signature. If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.

Please add your order details to the Order Tracking Spreadsheet. This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Tesla isn't sending cars out in batches of 8 or 10 cars at regular intervals. They deliver to the east coast by rail, so they accumulate a big bunch of vehicles and send them in one lot. If you're 17 days behind someone else, you could very easily see your car in a different quarter. It looks like Tesla is estimating a Q3 delivery for @windjammer99 and a Q4 delivery for you.

For anyone who is hoping for EDD changes, they're really not a sign of much of anything. Your first EDD is the most likely outcome, barring special circumstances (e.g. changing your order, someone refuses a car, the "charge port" fiasco, etc). @T-J- has had many EDD changes, but in the end he's going to get his car during his first EDD window; end of Q2.
Does anyone have experience with changing their delivery location? I'm making a big move from FL to NY around October. Should I not worry about this until I can get in contact with my SA?
Definitely speak to your SA. This is exactly the sort of thing they're there for.

Tesla isn't sending cars out in batches of 8 or 10 cars at regular intervals. They deliver to the east coast by rail, so they accumulate a big bunch of vehicles and send them in one lot. If you're 17 days behind someone else, you could very easily see your car in a different quarter. It looks like Tesla is estimating a Q3 delivery for @windjammer99 and a Q4 delivery for you.

For anyone who is hoping for EDD changes, they're really not a sign of much of anything. Your first EDD is the most likely outcome, barring special circumstances (e.g. changing your order, someone refuses a car, the "charge port" fiasco, etc). @T-J- has had many EDD changes, but in the end he's going to get his car during his first EDD window; end of Q2.

Definitely speak to your SA. This is exactly the sort of thing they're there for.
Ah okay, this makes a lot of sense with the batch delivery. I'm hoping to get assigned a SA soon, I texted the "Welcome to Tesla Family!" number but haven't gotten a response yet. I did only order only a few days ago so I'm obviously not expecting anything any time soon, but my ADD brain has me hyperfocusing on this.

Ah okay, this makes a lot of sense with the batch delivery. I'm hoping to get assigned a SA soon, I texted the "Welcome to Tesla Family!" number but haven't gotten a response yet. I did only order only a few days ago so I'm obviously not expecting anything any time soon, but my ADD brain has me hyperfocusing on this.
You may have to text them again. Some of us get random people and they respond in an hour or two, others get an SA they can talk with throughout the process and they even have their name. You will see other users here posting about having to text several times to finally get a response.

The one thing you'll learn after a while is there is very little pattern to how Tesla works. Much of what is happening changes throughout the process so it's almost impossible to look at one user's order information and guess what it means for you. Some of our newer members will spend their first month or two trying to use logic and looking for patterns and eventually, they'll learn it's a waste of time for the most part. 😀

You have gotten more updates than I have !

I graduated from this group today, 105 days but worth the wait !

I did have minor issues, my headlights were not flush and my back quarter panel near the window needs to be adjusted but it is just a rubber gasket. Appointments have already been set.

The most important part - when I got home I plugged in my car to charge and the mobile connector did not work with the 14- 50 plug, I then attempted the 110 to rule out anything and that did not work. I drove back to the dealership and it turned out to be a bad mobile connector, Tesla gave me a brand new one and when I took it home everything lit up just fine. Was very stressful for a period of time at the car with charge port issues coming to South Florida did not work properly.

For you guys getting your car soon, it is totally worth it. I think I used the brake a total of three times today and one pedal driving is awesome. The car really moves, at one point to get onto the turnpike I had to hit the accelerator and before I knew it I was going 90 miles an hour.

My only outstanding issue right now is that at home on a 60 amp breaker I am only pulling 32 amps but I think that is the max the mobile connector can do. I did not know that going in, if that is accurate I may wind up buying the corded to get up to 40 A. Best of luck everybody and thank you for all of the very helpful information while I was here.
Where in FL did you pick up? I have the same exact config as you, VIN 2411xx, OD 12/27/21 and still waiting for my charge port in Ft. Lauderdale.

You may have to text them again. Some of us get random people and they respond in an hour or two, others get an SA they can talk with throughout the process and they even have their name. You will see other users here posting about having to text several times to finally get a response.

The one thing you'll learn after a while is there is very little pattern to how Tesla works. Much of what is happening changes throughout the process so it's almost impossible to look at one user's order information and guess what it means for you. Some of our newer members will spend their first month or two trying to use logic and looking for patterns and eventually, they'll learn it's a waste of time for the most part. 😀
Ugh this kills me. Thank you all for the insight. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I've been waiting on my Model 3 LR in New Jersey. Ordered April 1, yesterday my window narrowed down to 2 weeks June 21 - July 5. That's about 3 weeks from today.

When I originally ordered I selected Cash, with the intention of switching to Financing but waiting as it gets closer so my credit check didn't run out. When do I need to call Tesla to change it to Financing knowing it's now about 3 weeks out from pickup hopefully? I'll shop around between Tesla, BoA, and Chase rates.

You have gotten more updates than I have !
A reminder that EDD1 in my sig is from the RWD era of my order. EDD2 is the generic EDD I got right after switching from RWD to LR, which took four days. Then the next day I got EDD3 with a closely similar date range as EDD1, then from there it started to go back and forth.

So, excluding EDD1, I had four EDDs with LR.

Another factor that might not even be the case anymore is that you have the base model and I have the 19" Sport wheels. When you add something else like Red/Blue/Black, 19" wheels, or white interior, you would notice that the EDD on the order page changes. If you want to experiment how your EDD reacts to a change like that, go for it.

I've been waiting on my Model 3 LR in New Jersey. Ordered April 1, yesterday my window narrowed down to 2 weeks June 21 - July 5. That's about 3 weeks from today.

When I originally ordered I selected Cash, with the intention of switching to Financing but waiting as it gets closer so my credit check didn't run out. When do I need to call Tesla to change it to Financing knowing it's now about 3 weeks out from pickup hopefully? I'll shop around between Tesla, BoA, and Chase rates.

When you get assigned a vin (be prepared to move fast). It doesnt take very long to shop around for a loan. This advice is predicated on the fact that you know you will qualify for a loan, and are just shopping around for rates.

A reminder that EDD1 in my sig is from the RWD era of my order. EDD2 is the generic EDD I got right after switching from RWD to LR, which took four days. Then the next day I got EDD3 with a closely similar date range as EDD1, then from there it started to go back and forth.

So, excluding EDD1, I had four EDDs with LR.

Another factor that might not even be the case anymore is that you have the base model and I have the 19" Sport wheels. When you add something else like Red/Blue/Black, 19" wheels, or white interior, you would notice that the EDD on the order page changes. If you want to experiment how your EDD reacts to a change like that, go for it.
The 19" wheels didn't help me. My original EDD was 6/12 and never changed back. Now I'm at 7/5 - 8/2. I'm fine with any date other than the week of vacation I have starting 7/16 🙃

Reactions: jpaychek