Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T-J- will surely join the February graduating class very soon 🙏

Glad to say I am finally graduated, pickup happened yesterday at 4pm after having my original 10:30am appmt canceled on Monday the night before. The SA did a vin swap of the “problematic” car I was originally assigned to pickup and found another exact build on the lot.

Matrix lights, charger, no panel gaps, yada yada… what took the longest of the process was the trade in (30 minutes)….but I was driving off the lot 10 minutes later

Best of luck to everyone and the grueling lesson on patience this was ✌️

Interesting. Did you pay Tesla before inspecting your car? What if you find some defects and reject the car? How would Tesla give you a refund?
Nope. I inspected it first before hitting the accept button or placing my down payment. As a rule, the SA’s are instructed to not open the car until it’s paid for though. That was weird to hear. I thought they were joking. My SA was cool and opened it because we were his only customer right then. He was actually the one who noticed the super tiny rock chips, took the pics and made the appointment for us to bring it back too. I think those guys are over-worked, hourly guys who are under a ton of pressure from many angles and many people. They have people that call them every single day looking for their car like the SA has some control over when the car is built. I would never want that job.

Hey there.

Order placed on March 15th, got my VIN on May 30th. Excited to finally get it. VIN is 267XXX. Delivery in Miami, FL.
My SA just confirmed the car will come with the Ryzen chip and the Matrix headlights. Will stick around after delivery to confirm all that and share my experience.
Good luck to everyone waiting, it felt like the car was already in front of me when I received my VIN.

Last edited:
Hey there.

Order placed on March 15th, got my VIN on May 30th. Excited to finally get it. VIN is 267XXX. Delivery in Miami, FL.
I'm trying to find out if my car has Matrix lights and Ryzen, my SA is not responding to my text from yesterday.
Good luck to everyone waiting, it felt like the car was already in front of me when I received my VIN.
You can call the 800 number and talk with a rep to get those answers. (888) 518-3752

Reactions: Charlinho
Nope. I inspected it first before hitting the accept button or placing my down payment. As a rule, the SA’s are instructed to not open the car until it’s paid for though. That was weird to hear. I thought they were joking. My SA was cool and opened it because we were his only customer right then. He was actually the one who noticed the super tiny rock chips, took the pics and made the appointment for us to bring it back too. I think those guys are over-worked, hourly guys who are under a ton of pressure from many angles and many people. They have people that call them every single day looking for their car like the SA has some control over when the car is built. I would never want that job.
Yeah unfortunately lack of transparency from Tesla created additional workload for the poor SAs.

If you notice defects or damage, can you make an appointment for a different service center? And what if you uncover further issues after delivery?

Yeah unfortunately lack of transparency from Tesla created additional workload for the poor SAs.

If you notice defects or damage, can you make an appointment for a different service center? And what if you uncover further issues after delivery?
What concerns me is what happens to those of us that are hours away from a service center? I know they have some mobile units but those are in limited areas and can only do specific types of repairs. I'm not too worried about it at this point but it's a three-hour drive for me each way so the thought of having to go back for a service appointment isn't something I want to even think about!

What concerns me is what happens to those of us that are hours away from a service center? I know they have some mobile units but those are in limited areas and can only do specific types of repairs. I'm not too worried about it at this point but it's a three-hour drive for me each way so the thought of having to go back for a service appointment isn't something I want to even think about!
They really need to introduce something like "I'll take your car for service, in the meantime have this rental." You know, like the non-Tesla dealers do when your car needs to stay for service for a while. For those that live in the Dakotas, Montana, and Wyoming though, I feel your pain.

Probably my last post here. TJ GOOD LUCK! I might pop in just to check up on you.

OD EDD VIN PICKUP in SIG

I picked it up in Vallejo CA (15 from my house).

Originally scheduled for 6/3, but got a call on 5/31 saying car is ready. It was born on 5/29 and got there 5/30 night.
So had 2pm appointment setup. Went to bank got cashier's check and got there 40 min early.
It was parked up front in Service Center visitors. There might've been 3-4 other '22 cars awaiting pickup. 2 whites, msm, and red.
Look for reg card on window to find my vin, 2nd white was mine, 1st one i looked at had matrix and hankook tires.
Mine came with matrix, michelin, charger, tesla usb stick in glove box. YAY!

It was sunny out, so I looked around and under the car, checked all wheels and all the areas that I would see mentioned here.

No cracks on glass, all lines up with good gaps.

Panels gaps all look good.

Trunk driver's side by c-pillar one side is slightly lower, doesn't bother me.

Driver's fender by mirror kinda goes in relative to A-pillar, but looks like manufacturing defect rather that alignment issue since the other side is flush, doesn't bother me.

Parking meters in the back have white rubber seals around them, some of them were sticking out a tad. I was able to push them in flush with my nail. All good.

No glass waviness that I could see.

No scratches to the bottom.

Car is barely 2 days old, so I don't think it got detailed and looked fine. I'd rather wash it myself anyway.

So 15min in I had probably been around the car 3 times.

By them my SA arrived, I asked him if he can open the car, so I can check the interior real quick. He opened it up.

Took a quick glance and noticed the rear C-pillar trim on the passenger side wasn't sitting flush to the other panel vs driver's side. Already scheduled mobile service appointment (next monday, they'll come to my work). There were earlier appointments, but I'm unavailable.

QUICK NOTE: service has space for note and up to 5 photos. Then they show you available dates, 2 weeks out and each day has 2 options for 4hr windows. Ranging from as early as 7:30am to 5pm. (ie 8-12, 12-5).

Gave them the check. Signed 3 pages for DMV stuff, accepted argreement and delivery on the app and was ready to go. 25-30 minutes total?

Car had 9 miles on it. AutoPilot had to be calibrated.

Did another inspection when I got home and didn't find any other issues. Fiddled with settings and infotainment for about 1.5hrs and installed all the accessories I had accumulated.

Tesla Shield Floor Mats (fullset), perfect fit
Spigen Screen Protector
Cupholders Rubber Insert
Abstract Ocean USB/SD pass through and 128gb SD card for sentry mode
Put all my music on Tesla USB (in hindsight Tesla usb can be split for sentry and music), but I wasn't sure it was going to be included
Put Lift Pucks in the trunk

Will definitely need to order a tray for center console, they're deep.

Tint will be done as soon as I get a moment.

Not sure on PPF yet. Might just do the Front Bumper. Just keep your distance and autopilot does it anyway.

Tried mobile charger at work and its good. Slow as expected 5% in 5hrs. ~5mi/hr.

Wall Connector was charging at 49mi/hr and said I would be done in 2hrs 10min. That's from 49% to 80%.
In the morning it said I charged 24kwh and gained 109 miles.

Car was at 72% when I picked it up. Range was 269mi.

No rattles noted, quiet on the freeway. I listen to music 100% of the time, but turned it off to verify no squeaks/rattles.

Can't think of anything else to report. Happy AF. You forget about the wait immediately.

WISHING EVERYONE SPEEDY VINS, ESPECIALLY TJ

What sucks is that I had a tease having my car for only a few hours.... while I did say "I waited 3 months, what's 2 more days?" Yeah...I take that back. It sucks even more knowing I have the car, but now waiting for PPF to get done. I guess ill just open the app and appreciate that I finally have the car lol
Guys... I opened the app... I see my frunk open (clearly they are working on the car). This is what i'm subjected to while I wait to get my car back.... I need help 😆

I ordered my Model 3 Long Range White Exterior, White Interior, 19 inch Sport Wheels, No FSD on May 14th, 2022. Delivery Estimated August 31st to October 12th. I really hope I get the Matrix LEDs and i'm really disappointed it doesn't come with a charging cable. I ordered the J1772 Adapter which was $50 so I can at least charge it somewhere. They just built a service center here in Dayton, Ohio so maybe I can charge there.

I have a few questions for all of you. I like to travel from Ohio to Canada...so do Teslas roam in Canada when it comes to cellular coverage? I asked this question to a Tesla sales person back in 2013 when I was test driving a Model S and they had no idea.

Also, I don't want to pay for premium connectivity so can I use my phone as a hotspot while I drive in my Tesla?

Hey there.

My SA just confirmed the car will come with the Ryzen chip and the Matrix headlights. Will stick around after delivery to confirm all that and share my experience.
Did you get a 2 week window before your VIN arrived? What was your previous EDD before you were notified of the VIN?

Ohh btw I ordered homelink last week, got it installed yesterday. Install took about 15 mins, Tesla tech was cool and I must say homelink is awesome! Not having to open center sliding console 5x a day is nice. Less wear and tear on the sliding mechanism. Not sure if you guys are familiar with Homelink garage opener but as soon as I drive about 10ft awayvfrom my garage it closes and about 40ft arriving it opens! I love it. I recommend it!