Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you planning to trade in through Tesla I have some advice for you. Run your vin to see if there are any open recalls for your vehicle you plan on trading in. I set up the trade in through Tesla got my offer which was fair and sent over the payoff. Everything looked good on my account and a few hours later I got a text stating there was a open recall on my vehicle (software update). If I wanted to continue with trading in, I would’ve had to service the vehicle at the dealer and go to DMV to update the registration that the recall was fixed. I didn’t have time to do all that so ended up removing the trade in and selling to carmax which offered 2k more than Tesla. So all in all a blessing in disguise.
This is good gouge, thanks for this advice. Was somewhat happy with my trade-in value (higher than I honestly expected but a little lower than I was hoping), but now I'll check the recalls and see what Carmax and others will offer.

Today SA confirmed that I'll get it definitely in June. Paid it today and got my VIN: LRW3E7EB8NC572xxx

Ordered on March 9th with expected delivery in November 2022.
The recommendation was not to pay until you inspect it on delivery day. But it's fun to see how Switzerland deals with VINs and delivery dates that are far out into the universe.

As expected, 2nd day jnto my 2 week EDD and I slipped to a new 12 day EDD starting this Saturday. June 4-June 16. It’s going to be down to the wire with my trip starting the evening of June 11th. 🤷‍♂️
I’m in a similar boat. Flying out on June 15th evening for a 5-day trip. Really hope delivery is either before or after this trip. I don’t want to lose my (future) VIN lol.

Reactions: ChrgeMeUp
I want to scream and hope that my car will appear. My EDD is June 11-25 and still no vin. I just want my car to hurry and get here.
Same location and same EDD as you, ordered one day ahead of you though. Also desperately waiting for a VIN lol. Seems like we will probably get ours at the same time.

I'm still unable to have a signature but here are my specs again:

- M3LR AWD
- MSM
- White Interior
- 18" Aero Wheels
- No FSD

OD: 03/18/2022
EDD #1: Jun 3 - July 15
EDD #2: June 5 - July 10
EDD #3: June 11 - June 25

I’m in a similar boat. Flying out on June 15th evening for a 5-day trip. Really hope delivery is either before or after this trip. I don’t want to lose my (future) VIN lol.
Similar problem lol. EDD June 14-28th and we'll be in New York on vacation from 12-20th June.

P.s. I think I don't have enough posts to make a signature. Don't see the option in settings.

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
I'll also be in a similar situation, do we know what happens in these circumstances? Can the car be held for a few days if it arrives while you are not available?
I think we are at the mercy of the service center. I’ve heard of the service center being inflexible but I’m hoping I can ask mine to hold if I give them an advance notice, though I’m not sure if I should do this before or after I get my VIN.

To give you guys more details:

- M3LR AWD
- White exterior
- Black Interior
- 19" Sport Wheels
- Enhanced Auto Pilot

OD: 03/09/2022
EDD at ordering: November
EDD 05/07/2022: June 19-30
EDD 05/13/2022: June 26-30
EDD 05/21/2022: November
EDD 05/29/2022: June 14-28

Today (06/02/2022) we received the SMS and had to pay our 1st rate (we are leasing it) and also received our VIN. SA confirmed that delivery will happen this month, probably even next week already because of our vacation.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
For those of you planning to trade in through Tesla I have some advice for you. Run your vin to see if there are any open recalls for your vehicle you plan on trading in. I set up the trade in through Tesla got my offer which was fair and sent over the payoff. Everything looked good on my account and a few hours later I got a text stating there was a open recall on my vehicle (software update). If I wanted to continue with trading in, I would’ve had to service the vehicle at the dealer and go to DMV to update the registration that the recall was fixed. I didn’t have time to do all that so ended up removing the trade in and selling to carmax which offered 2k more than Tesla. So all in all a blessing in disguise.
I was planning on trading in but I heard that Tesla offers are not great generally. I'm currently driving a car that's 13 years old and on it's way out... a BEATER. I've gotten online quotes for around $1200 for the car. My best bet is to probably go to something like Carmax right?

I was planning on trading in but I heard that Tesla offers are not great generally. I'm currently driving a car that's 13 years old and on it's way out... a BEATER. I've gotten online quotes for around $1200 for the car. My best bet is to probably go to something like Carmax right?
Tesla offered 15k for my 2015 focus st, I am currently working through Carvana with an offer of 21k… carmax and local dealers are offering around 17-18k

• Informative
Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
A car that old won’t get much from a dealership. I would recommend you sell to a private party. I’m doing the same for my 15-year-old car and going to get at least 3k for it. Any car that starts, runs, and stops is worth at least 2k.

M3LR ordered March 12. EDD just pushed back to June 10-24. Decided to text Tesla and told them my EDD was just pushed back to June 10-24 and kindly asked if they could let me know where I am in the system. He/she let me know my estimated delivery date is June 10-24. Very helpful. :rolleyes:
Very interesting. I heard that contacting Tesla will sometimes move things along. My EDD was June10-24 (OD March 12) and no VIN. Yesterday I contacted a SA, for the first time, asking for an update. They had nothing new to offer - same EDD. This morning I received an email asking for payment, my EDD is now June 16-19, and I have a VIN (269). Coincidence? Maybe.