Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they still delivering cars without the Ryzen chip?
As others have said it's been a long time since we've seen anyone without the Ryzen chip. I didn't even ask my SA and while I'll confirm when the car arrives I would be shocked if there is an issue. I guess supply line issues could always come up but...

As others have said it's been a long time since we've seen anyone without the Ryzen chip. I didn't even ask my SA and while I'll confirm when the car arrives I would be shocked if there is an issue. I guess supply line issues could always come up but...
Isn't the CPU shortage still going on? I'm baffled at how we're not seeing an issue of some sort with Ryzen chips in their Tesla.

Isn't the CPU shortage still going on? I'm baffled at how we're not seeing an issue of some sort with Ryzen chips in their Tesla.
The chip issues are still a very real thing but AMD had been able to do a good job to this point compared to some other suppliers. Anything is possible but there hasn't been an issue with Tesla to this point.

Last edited:
Question for those of you that have scheduled or already taken delivery. I assume we all receive the text that says, "Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment."? That appeared to be automated but maybe I'm wrong. My question is did you actually schedule your pick-up within a week? That seems a little fast for those of us on the east coast when you consider the car has a long trip.

Question for those of you that have scheduled or already taken delivery. I assume we all receive the text that says, "Be on the lookout for a message within the next week to schedule your delivery appointment."? That appeared to be automated but maybe I'm wrong. My question is did you actually schedule your pick-up within a week? That seems a little fast for those of us on the east coast when you consider the car has a long trip.
I actually scheduled mine 2 weeks prior, but I think that seems a bit longer than most. I think I was a special case cause I was calling tesla to talk to an SA about another issue, then got on the topic of deliveries and they asked if I wanted to schedule mine right there on the phone. (I think it was just the luck of the draw cause the SA I was talking to on the phone was actually at Mt. Kisco). So I never actually got a text sent to me to schedule my pickup. Once scheduled, you will get multiple texts once delivery/pickup is closer (reminders, if anything in the app needs to be setup/added/completed, reminder that your pick up date is near,etc, etc)

But as far as your questions, delivery is usually scheduled within a week or so.. give or take a day. Everything does happen VERY fast once delivery is scheduled though. Just make sure you're prepared with your insurance setup, your payment(s), etc....

So my estimate on the LR M3 I just ordered is November 2022 to January 2023. Looking at the tracker spreadsheet, it looks like 90 days is the average right now. Is that what most of you are seeing?
Give or take. I was 94 days from OD to pick up, but I also ordered at the end of Feb JUST before the order surge happened. Seems to be in the 80ish-90ish. However there are cases you can get it sooner (due to cancellation or rejected car) or it can take a lot longer for other reasons (shortages of parts or other delays for unknown reasons (just ask @T-J- :( ). However if you were a recent order, it could take a lot longer since you probably ordered during the onslaught of orders due to the gas prices and demand is CRAZIER than it was prior to March. USUALLY your first EDD is the most accurate, so take all the updates you get with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
So my estimate on the LR M3 I just ordered is November 2022 to January 2023. Looking at the tracker spreadsheet, it looks like 90 days is the average right now. Is that what most of you are seeing?
From what I have seen in this lone thread, yes.

Also, a reminder to add your order details (build, OD, and EDD progression) in your signature. It will help us a lot.

Reactions: jpaychek
So far it seems to be 90-100 days for the Feb/March orders. That may increase depending on recent order volume. I think a lot more people are making the jump and putting orders in now that gas prices are spiking again.

Reactions: Junior86 and CEEV
I got the text about 1 week after my VIN was assigned. My currently scheduled delivery is Monday, but I have yet to get confirmation of it arriving at the SC. I'm in the Chicago area for reference.

I received the schedule delivery text the same day I received my vin. I’m in CA though.

Tesla told me my car shipped on 5/19 with arrival to the SC on 6/4. I had not received any text or email so I called Tesla and they told me there was a delay in shipment and is scheduled to arrive on 6/13. But my EDD still shows 6/4-6/8.

• Informative
For those of you planning to trade in through Tesla I have some advice for you. Run your vin to see if there are any open recalls for your vehicle you plan on trading in. I set up the trade in through Tesla got my offer which was fair and sent over the payoff. Everything looked good on my account and a few hours later I got a text stating there was a open recall on my vehicle (software update). If I wanted to continue with trading in, I would’ve had to service the vehicle at the dealer and go to DMV to update the registration that the recall was fixed. I didn’t have time to do all that so ended up removing the trade in and selling to carmax which offered 2k more than Tesla. So all in all a blessing in disguise.

They may send that once the car hits the road on a truck transport. From that point, it's pretty much all the same no matter where the car is going. That message is apparently new because I was never contacted by Tesla until the actual point of setting up delivery.
To put that number in perspective, when I took delivery just before all this started, it was 47 days from order to delivery. So if you want to know how much orders have piled up relative to pre-Ukraine, just keep an eye on that delivery time. It looks like Ukraine (and/or the Super Bowl) has doubled order volume. It should be interesting to see what delivery times look like in as the quarters roll by.
No, the Ryzen chip is required for anyone wanting FSD. 60hz refresh rate, display of objects on screen in real time, etc. With Elon touting 1 million FSD users by the end of the year (2022) he needs every car out there with the chip.
For those who might misunderstand, the Ryzen chip is just for the display and other such features. The Intel Atom chip wasn't up to snuff for those demands. FSD itself is handled by Tesla-custom hardware. I just hope they don't have to change that hardware again to get FSD where it needs to be for a full release.

For those of you planning to trade in through Tesla I have some advice for you. Run your vin to see if there are any open recalls for your vehicle you plan on trading in. I set up the trade in through Tesla got my offer which was fair and sent over the payoff. Everything looked good on my account and a few hours later I got a text stating there was a open recall on my vehicle (software update). If I wanted to continue with trading in, I would’ve had to service the vehicle at the dealer and go to DMV to update the registration that the recall was fixed. I didn’t have time to do all that so ended up removing the trade in and selling to carmax which offered 2k more than Tesla. So all in all a blessing in disguise.
That may be a California thing. I traded in a RAV4 with an outstanding recall here in Virginia. No muss, no fuss. But yeah, Tesla seems to give low trade-in values.