Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I’d come back and spam you all from the other side as I wait for TJ to cross the finish line. Yesterday I got the Boost50, for the new Ryzen chip, that just dropped from Ingenext. Do so at your own peril, as there are horror stories of how Tesla can take any issue on your car and point to an aftermarket part and not cover the issue under warranty. That said, I like to roll them dice from time to time and wanted drift mode, so my decision was made. Like the Accel Boost it takes your 0-60 time to 3.7. In fact this morning on the country roads of AZ I hit 3.68. Just incredible!

Off the trailer a 4.2 0-60 makes you faster than 90 percent of the cars out there, but I found myself wanting a little more pep from 60-100 (just so I can make a quick pass and get back in my lane at the speed limit). This throws you back in your chair off the start, but in online comparisons also matched the acceleration curve of a Performance from 30-100. To me it was a no brainer to punt on the Performance with less range and worse ride, and go with the Boost later. Happy to answer any questions as you consider.

Hang in there brothers and sisters. Just two weeks on the other side of purgatory, and I only look back with fond memories of my time participating in this gaggle of future owners. One day you will open up the app, and there will be a VIN, later that day will be a text, finally the call will come, and then a date with joy. Just a little bit longer. ;)

My pickup is this weekend and my credit union overnighted the check to Tesla in Fremont yesterday but looks like Tesla Fremont is closed today. FedEx tracking shows the next delivery attempt will be Monday.

But the Tesla advisor at my pick up center just called me and said as long as I have the scanned picture of the check (which I do) and the FedEx tracking email shows it's going to the right place, it will suffice and they will let me pick it up.

My pickup appointment is later today at 2:30pm so I'll see!

My pickup is this weekend and my credit union overnighted the check to Tesla in Fremont yesterday but looks like Tesla Fremont is closed today. FedEx tracking shows the next delivery attempt will be Monday.

But the Tesla advisor at my pick up center just called me and said as long as I have the scanned picture of the check (which I do) and the FedEx tracking email shows it's going to the right place, it will suffice and they will let me pick it up.

My pickup appointment is later today at 2:30pm so I'll see!

Great info to have regarding the credit union situation as I will be doing the same thing. Which place in Orange County are you picking up from? I'm in OC as well.

I added my info to my signature thinking everyone would be able to see it when I post, but it’s not showing up? Anyone have any ideas?
If you’re on mobile, flip your phone to landscape. It should show everyone’s signatures. If you’re on the app, there’s no way to see them yet since you can’t flip your phone to landscape. I use the TMC website on mobile.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and Guylo
I'm posting my "public service announcement" about signatures and the spreadsheet once a week. Would you like me to include this information in the weekly repost?
Hopefully this will help with the FAQ we desperately need to address in this particular thread. I wonder if mods can add stuff to OP? That’s sort of the closest thing we can get to a sticky

After a few weeks of pondering, finally decided to switch to the M3P this morning.. I was able to change the design on the website (there is no link posted on the account page, but I found a url to take you to the edit design page). I was going to get acceleration boost on the LR anyway, so with them holding M3P pricing from time of order was only a $5k increase (still $4k less than ordering a M3P today). I was worried about ride and potholes as my main reason for not going performance, then I saw some posts from people who just changed wheels/tires after they had their first incident.. Still waiting for a revised EDD, hoping it doesn’t push out, but semi-confident it will pull in..

moving to the M3P waiting room, but will keep popping back here to see how my SoCal MSM siblings fare with their deliveries…
Holy moly, literally 90 minutes after switching to the M3P, I get the ‘Your VIN has been assigned’ text and delivery window Jun 4th (yes, today) to June 8th… 😬😃

I thought I’d come back and spam you all from the other side as I wait for TJ to cross the finish line. Yesterday I got the Boost50, for the new Ryzen chip, that just dropped from Ingenext. Do so at your own peril, as there are horror stories of how Tesla can take any issue on your car and point to an aftermarket part and not cover the issue under warranty. That said, I like to roll them dice from time to time and wanted drift mode, so my decision was made. Like the Accel Boost it takes your 0-60 time to 3.7. In fact this morning on the country roads of AZ I hit 3.68. Just incredible!

Off the trailer a 4.2 0-60 makes you faster than 90 percent of the cars out there, but I found myself wanting a little more pep from 60-100 (just so I can make a quick pass and get back in my lane at the speed limit). This throws you back in your chair off the start, but in online comparisons also matched the acceleration curve of a Performance from 30-100. To me it was a no brainer to punt on the Performance with less range and worse ride, and go with the Boost later. Happy to answer any questions as you consider.

Hang in there brothers and sisters. Just two weeks on the other side of purgatory, and I only look back with fond memories of my time participating in this gaggle of future owners. One day you will open up the app, and there will be a VIN, later that day will be a text, finally the call will come, and then a date with joy. Just a little bit longer. ;)

What sorcery is this?!

What sorcery is this?!
The Boost50 is by Ingenext and has a bunch of other features included beyond the boost including drift mode that is typically reserved for Performance cars. Comes out of Canada and for me it was worth taking the shot. Cost $1100 but they have sales throughout the year, so I got it discounted by $200. Watch Father’s Day and Black Friday. Has a harness that you have to install underneath the glovebox. I guess it was easier with the Atom MCU, but still doable with the new one. I was going to get the Accel Boost if not this, to put a little more pep in the car for what I consider a reasonable price. I just chose this way instead. I would recommend both for speed to value compared to an Ice car. To put these speeds in perspective for the 2021 Porches:
  • Porsche 911 Carrera 0-60 – 4.0 seconds
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S 0-60 – 3.5 seconds
  • Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet 0-60 – 4.2 seconds
  • Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet 0-60 – 3.7 seconds
I don’t pretend 0-60 is everything for a performance car, but not bad company for a Tesla under 60k!

Last edited:
Good news, fellas. Woke up to a VIN this morning ... 271xxx!

Working on insurance and all that now, but I'm a little "frozen in the headlights" (no pun intended!) given how overwhelming the news is after 90+ days!

New EDD is June 7 - June 11, but don't see an option yet to schedule delivery (maybe when I upload insurance I can? -- working on that now!)

I can't say yet if I have matrix lights/ryzen/blah blah because the person from Tesla that I text with is not a useful human. I guess I'll just swing by the lot in the next couple days and hunt for it!

GETTING CLOSE NOW MY PEOPLE

I think if you are an april order or later, you need to be realistic about when you are getting your car. I think all April and later orders will be waiting over 100 days for a car, it does not matter what the spreadsheet says, there has been a massive increase in orders, and if you are not prepared to wait 4 months or more, then you should probably try to occupy your time and not look at this forum / your order for a month or two. Late March orders have been waiting for over two months now, and probably have another 2 months to go before the majority are filled.
I FEEL THIS. I ordered March 18th and still no vin or updated EED date for like 3 weeks. 🥲

Reactions: jpaychek