Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you say to change his mind? My delivery is in an hour and I'm sure they will tell me I can't see the car before accepting.

Anyone got ideas?
I would laugh at him/her and tell them to bring my car out. I wouldn't even think of accepting a car or anything else without first seeing it and going over it.

I filled out several progressive quotes online since they insured my current car... when I called them to book it was $800 more a year! Now I am trying to scramble to fill out some quotes. Which company are people using? Located in NJ
I switched to nationwide from Allstate and will be saving about $2K per year with them. Not sure how they are in NJ though, I’m in PA.

What did you say to change his mind? My delivery is in an hour and I'm sure they will tell me I can't see the car before accepting.

Anyone got ideas?
It was weird because he just seemed to have poopy pants. His colleague was super helpful and came out and looked at something in the car with me that I noticed. I just basically got a little stern and told him that I’ll need to see the car before handing you a check, I’ve never heard of anyone getting a car including Tesla that they don’t see before handing over big $. He claimed to go “check with the guys in the back” to see if it was okay. Ended up unlocking the car for me. He just had poopy pants I think - maybe he didn’t like someone around his younger age buying a Tesla? He was talking to clients before me about not being able to buy a Tesla right now because of the economy. Just weird dude overall, but his counterpart was very nice and helpful. Wasn’t that bad, but just a little tense while I didn’t accept what he said and he didn’t like me not backing down

Good news, fellas. Woke up to a VIN this morning ... 271xxx!

Working on insurance and all that now, but I'm a little "frozen in the headlights" (no pun intended!) given how overwhelming the news is after 90+ days!

New EDD is June 7 - June 11, but don't see an option yet to schedule delivery (maybe when I upload insurance I can? -- working on that now!)

I can't say yet if I have matrix lights/ryzen/blah blah because the person from Tesla that I text with is not a useful human. I guess I'll just swing by the lot in the next couple days and hunt for it!

GETTING CLOSE NOW MY PEOPLE
271… mine has matrix/global

Another example of how less than helpful the SAs are:

Attachments

• 32C0919C-238E-40C8-99DA-A49829F51439.jpeg
    32C0919C-238E-40C8-99DA-A49829F51439.jpeg
    747.1 KB · Views: 98
Hi I’m taking delivery next week on 9 of June. But facing the same issue. The Naic number I enter doesn’t seem match what Tesla system has. Did you contact Tesla to solve it for you? If so do you mind sharing their email address please? Thank you!
So I actually commented on the issue in the text thread with my SA, and the person who answered the inquiry gave me a direct email to send it to. He got everything uploaded immediately after my email.

Well guys… I’m at the center now to pick up my car. Looks like my car does not have matrix headlights. 261xxx

My SA I was texted told me I had the old lights but asked me to check with the center to be sure. Got a call yesterday from the local center about delivery and asked if it had new lights and he said it does have the new global ones.

You would think the local team might be better but they are just as useless as some of the service advisors.

I’ll still be taking delivery but I should have known to get my hopes up.

It was weird because he just seemed to have poopy pants. His colleague was super helpful and came out and looked at something in the car with me that I noticed. I just basically got a little stern and told him that I’ll need to see the car before handing you a check, I’ve never heard of anyone getting a car including Tesla that they don’t see before handing over big $. He claimed to go “check with the guys in the back” to see if it was okay. Ended up unlocking the car for me. He just had poopy pants I think - maybe he didn’t like someone around his younger age buying a Tesla? He was talking to clients before me about not being able to buy a Tesla right now because of the economy. Just weird dude overall, but his counterpart was very nice and helpful. Wasn’t that bad, but just a little tense while I didn’t accept what he said and he didn’t like me not backing down
Just got to the lot and I waited until the check-in guys were busy talking to others while I went and looked for my car in the 5-6 that were in the “awaiting pick-up” area. Didn’t even say a single word to them besides a head-nod lol. Now I’m free to look around my car and by the time they do come over to me, I’ll be finished.

So, I'm scheduled for pickup at 10am on the 7th. I never got a text stating that my car had left Fremont. Does everyone get this text or is this something for those that are being shipped via rail?
Due to my location, it's delivered via car carrier from Fremont to my local Tesla SC.
I never got a text like that.
However my SA was proactive and emailed me when delays occurred (and actually told me where the truck was), and sent me a final email 24 hours prior to delivery listing off things I'd need to bring.
Their title under the email was "Operations Advisor" so maybe they know more than the standard SA?

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
So, I'm scheduled for pickup at 10am on the 7th. I never got a text stating that my car had left Fremont. Does everyone get this text or is this something for those that are being shipped via rail?
Due to my location, it's delivered via car carrier from Fremont to my local Tesla SC.
I received the text to schedule delivery 10ish days ago and never anything about mine leaving the factory until this past Wednesday. It said it left and was due in today. I started to get nervous about delays since my pickup is scheduled for tomorrowand I needed to pick up a rental for the weekend.

Reactions: T-J-