Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Woke up this morning to an updated EDD…

OD: 3/23; initial EDD 6/21-8/2; EDD#2 4/15 8/7-9/18; EDD#3 4/30 6/15-7/20; EDD#4 6/4 7/6-8/3

Called Tesla…while committing to nothing, the sales rep told me to most likely be prepared for a early to mid July vin with a mid July delivery date. I also inquired about vehicle delivery holds as I travel overseas for work on occasion After discussing options with her I’m not going to ask for a hold unless absolutely required and it is a last resort. She mentioned they were expecting some new guidance out very soon regarding holds. Really don’t want to go there…

Hello All,

Woke up this morning to an updated EDD…

OD: 3/23; initial EDD 6/21-8/2; EDD#2 4/15 8/7-9/18; EDD#3 4/30 6/15-7/20; EDD#4 6/4 7/6-8/3

Called Tesla…while committing to nothing, the sales rep told me to most likely be prepared for a early to mid July vin with a mid July delivery date. I also inquired about vehicle delivery holds as I travel overseas for work on occasion After discussing options with her I’m not going to ask for a hold unless absolutely required and it is a last resort. She mentioned they were expecting some new guidance out very soon regarding holds. Really don’t want to go there…
Progression in the east was put off for now as they want to finish the west at the end of June for Q2. In July we’ll see resumed progress for the east. But yeah it sucks that they can’t work on both regions at the same time.

Holy moly, literally 90 minutes after switching to the M3P, I get the ‘Your VIN has been assigned’ text and delivery window Jun 4th (yes, today) to June 8th… 😬😃
So I switched to a M3P at 8:45am this morning, at 3pm, I drove off the lot with the vehicle! Total shock, surprise, etc…. For those with long EDDs and on the fence for a performance, it might be worth it.. I figured I was going to get AB anyway, so the price delta is $5K…

Hi everyone! Had a quick question .... if i get a text from tesla regarding a trade in even though when i initially ordered i never selected that option does that mean i should be getting my VIN soon?

OOD - March 18th Blue LR, Black Interior, 19 Inch Wheels, No FSD
EDD 1 - July
EDD 2 - June 4th - July 16th
EDD 3 - May 2nd - June 6th
EDD 3 - June 6th - July 11th
EDD 4 - June 8th - July 6th
EDD 5 - June 12th - June 26th

Omg guys got an updated EDD today of June 18th-June 22nd. Final payment was also requested on tesla and found the VIN in the source code but its not shown in the app!!! Vin is 272. Only issue is ill be in Jamaica those dates mentioned above so im hoping tesla will work with me so i can either get the car before or on the 23rd :/

Progression in the east was put off for now as they want to finish the west at the end of June for Q2. In July we’ll see resumed progress for the east. But yeah it sucks that they can’t work on both regions at the same time.
Thanks, appreciate the shoutout. I’m in Northern VA awaiting a Tysons Corner pickup. My wife is rocking a 2021 MY. Should have ordered mine when she ordered hers!

So I did a Kelley Blue Book price estimate on my RAV4 and it seems to range at $21k - $23k. If I want to risk upgrading to the M3P for early delivery plus trade-in a 2017 RAV4 with 32k miles, it can happen with financing.

Decisions.
I wouldn't pay attention to the book value and get some quotes from Carvana, CarMax, the Toyota dealership, etc. They're all in need of cars and overpaying. They often base their prices on their inventory and demand so you may get a ridiculously good offer from them.

So I did a Kelley Blue Book price estimate on my RAV4 and it seems to range at $21k - $23k. If I want to risk upgrading to the M3P for early delivery plus trade-in a 2017 RAV4 with 32k miles, it can happen with financing.

Decisions.
I just sold my 2021 rav4 to GiveMeTheVin and they payed me 35k, altho mine is much newer and less miles. i got it for 32k now I am waiting for my m3LR!

I wouldn't pay attention to the book value and get some quotes from Carvana, CarMax, the Toyota dealership, etc. They're all in need of cars and overpaying. They often base their prices on their inventory and demand so you may get a ridiculously good offer from them.
I’ll probably go to the Toyota dealer where I got the Highlander. I asked if they buy cars and said they do that. I’ll get quotes from different places and see. They took my Camry for $12,000 and put it towards the Highlander, while Tesla offered $11,400 for it. I usually look at KBB for an overlook at what my car is worth.
I just sold my 2021 rav4 to GiveMeTheVin and they payed me 35k, altho mine is much newer and less miles. i got it for 32k now I am waiting for my m3LR!
I heard good stuff about GMTV. There’s so many decisions on the table before I (probably) switch to Performance. I’m currently seeing how the line is over at the Performance thread and it looks slightly similar to the LR thread, or maybe it’s further ahead for the east side.

My only concern is the wheels and my drives on the highway. Florida’s Turnpike here is always going through construction and the road is insanely unstable.