Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning!

Just wanted to share that, a little after the usual first update hour of the day, I got a text from Tesla saying that my VIN had been assigned, and my EDD had shrunk to a four-day window starting two days after the start of the two-week window (see signature). The options available in the app have changed and there’s an MVPA available. My VIN seems pretty high, for whatever that’s worth: 276xxx.

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited:
I really hope you're wrong! 😆

Out of curiosity, how do you know this?
What he said is not exactly accurate, "Progression in the east was put off for now". Things will slow down for east coast deliveries in the last two weeks of the month but they are still going strong as of today. It's going to be difficult for you to slide into this month but for now east coast deliveries do continue.

Reactions: arichard2401
Common knowledge. They ship to east coast locations the first 2 months of the quarter, then they finish the quarter strong with west coast deliveries.
You'll know by June 9th. If you don't have a VIN by then, you'll get a new EDD.
Gotcha, thanks. Yeah I was tracking I'd get a new EDD by the 9th. @TigerNinety in the post just above yours just got his VIN in the DC area with an order date after mine so maybe there's still some hope for me.

Reactions: jpaychek
What he said is not exactly accurate, "Progression in the east was put off for now". Things will slow down for east coast deliveries in the last two weeks of the month but they are still going strong as of today. It's going to be difficult for you to slide into this month but for now east coast deliveries do continue.
Right. I should have reworded that the west now holds the priority of fast production, whilst the east has slowed down for now. The recent VINs are coming from the west lately, so I’m waiting for new VIN announcements coming from someone in the eastern region.

Reactions: arichard2401
Right. I should have reworded that the west now holds the priority of fast production, whilst the east has slowed down for now. The recent VINs are coming from the west lately, so I’m waiting for new VIN announcements coming from someone in the eastern region.
It could simply be that there aren’t as many backlogged orders left on the east coast after the push last month. SoCal, on the other hand, ahem <knock on wood> <don’t want to jinx it>

It could simply be that there aren’t as many backlogged orders left on the east coast after the push last month. SoCal, on the other hand, ahem <knock on wood> <don’t want to jinx it>
The west was severely behind. Thank goodness as an eastern guy that they shifted their priority to the west. I’m glad Giga Texas will soon serve the east and Fremont will hopefully prioritize more for the west, which would probably make things much better.

EDIT: Did some research, Giga Texas will indeed serve the east orders. But for now all of us will get it out of Fremont.
Down to a 10 day day window now but slipped to June 7 - June 17.
I’m sitting on a 12-day after upgrading to the P. I’m guessing they’re in early-mid April? Anyway, 10-day is probably a great sign that a VIN is around the corner.

You could be exactly right. Many of the east coast orders did receive VINs recently but they are still coming, one from Maryland is just seven posts up from yours.

Well, I guess this is progress!

Attachments

• 4004BC5C-0F6A-4DF6-AAF3-6AAA4F1C7646.jpeg
    4004BC5C-0F6A-4DF6-AAF3-6AAA4F1C7646.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 71
Late last night while watching a movie on Netflix, I got a text asking if TESLA could use my Bluetooth. In short, I got my VIN folks (271XXX)! So forget all the nonsense you may have heard on this forum and elsewhere about certain colors, location and FSD impacting EDD and VIN assignment dates: it's about what you are watching! In case someone wants to try their own luck using my process (because obviously I have broken the code) the movie was "The Foreigner" with Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.

Out of curiosity, how do you know this?
Here's a little information from the Model 3 order spreadsheet. This data is only for Model 3 Long Range orders in the US, and remember that the data is not even close to being exhaustive.

For the following I've defined "west coast" as CA, WA, OR, NV, AZ, ID, MT, WY, CO, and NM.

1. This is a scatter plot of dates where VINs were handed out, colored by west coast versus east coast. The date markers along the bottom indicate the start of each quarter. The vertical axis is just the delay between ordering and getting the VIN, and it is primarily used to space out the data points. The pattern seems pretty clear that there is a quiet time at the start of the quarter, then east coast VINs go out, followed by west coast VINs. Some quarters are more striking than others in adhering to the pattern.

VIN Dates.png

2. This is the same style scatter plot for dates of vehicle delivery where the vertical axis again indicates the delay between order and delivery.

Delivery Dates.png

Note that 60% of orders on the spreadsheet are for eastern states.

6’2”. I have to duck my head every time I get in because of a visible height difference between my Camry and the M3. I just think SUVs and maybe even pickup trucks work for my size. Might trade in the highlander for the Cybertruck sometime soon lol
Hello!

I’m about ten pages behind on this thread, but did you play with the seat positions so that when you get in the car, the seat is at its lowest (and maybe farthest back) even if you drive it in a differently adjusted configuration? I’m much shorter, but always set my seat to be lower and farther back when getting in and out.

Todd