Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow is day 76…. I’m thinking tomorrow is going to be VIN day or EDD pushes…

Bets anyone? :)
If your dates are going to be anything similar to mine then somewhere around Wed you would get your VIN. Now we know that there are various reasons we get our updates but it does seem like we're seeing more similarities with the dates.

Reactions: toady911
It would seem like especially this week ahead and the following week there should be a ton of movement if Tesla is to try to close out the quarter strong for deliveries.
Yep but there's already a lot of movement anyway. We're seeing daily deliveries and it's going to continue. It should start to transition to far more west coast VINs in the coming days.

Reactions: JB47394
We don't see many black M3s down here but I was sitting beside one yesterday and it looked really sharp. I'm sure you're going to love it!
We were the only black m3 in the lot today. There was a red MX though and that looked super sharp.

Pickup was smooth, the SA I alone with over text was wrong about the headlights and my 266 had premium and not global but that wasn't a deal breaker. No issues with the car though. We arrived about 2 hours early which have us a chance to check it out fully before signing anything. Doors were unlocked and the car was on so we were able to have a full look at it without having to bug anyone. Tossed the bandit quick mount license plate on it before heading home and it was a nice smooth 4.5 hours north.

Now I'm just exhausted from 9-10 hours of driving and not a great sleep the night before. It's interesting the ways Tesla invades your dreams the night before delivery.

We were the only black m3 in the lot today. There was a red MX though and that looked super sharp.

Pickup was smooth, the SA I alone with over text was wrong about the headlights and my 266 had premium and not global but that wasn't a deal breaker. No issues with the car though. We arrived about 2 hours early which have us a chance to check it out fully before signing anything. Doors were unlocked and the car was on so we were able to have a full look at it without having to bug anyone. Tossed the bandit quick mount license plate on it before heading home and it was a nice smooth 4.5 hours north.

Now I'm just exhausted from 9-10 hours of driving and not a great sleep the night before. It's interesting the ways Tesla invades your dreams the night before delivery.
Congrats! Get some sleep tonight because I'm sure you'll want to get back out there driving it as soon as possible.

Nope. When I placed the order, it said home delivery was not available. So I had to pick up at the closest Tesla dealership. When I got my VIN, and was finalizing delivery, it showed that it would be delivered to my house. I contacted Tesla and they confirmed it would be a home delivery.
How was the home delivery? Were you able to note any defects that needed to be repaired, and were you able to (if necessary) reject the delivery of the car wasn’t up to your satisfaction?

Got my text to schedule delivery, but it completely fell out of the June 7-11 range. Currently scheduled it for 6/18 (options were 6/17-19 but of course I’ll be out of state and flying back in the night of 6/17). Anyone had luck getting their delivery bumped up by speaking to an SA?

Edit: Noticed that it said tentative appointment. Specifically,
“Appointment will be tentative pending on-time arrival and inspection of your Model 3. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model 3 arrives earlier or later than we currently expect.”
I got the same text message today. I was so excited until I realized the first appointment available was June 14th 😒
I'm just being impatient at this point, but I can't help myself!

Reactions: Mwhusa and Dee Jay
Has anyone used Carvana to sell their current car? I'm just curious how many days you have to schedule the pickup/exchange once you upload all of your documents. My current quote expires today but I'm dragging my feet for obvious reasons. Trying to minimize the amount of time we are down to one car in our household. :)
Carvana has to take possession of your car on or before the date your offer/quote expires. If not, you’ll have to submit for a new offer

• Informative
We have the same EDD! I got a text last week confirming registration and asking about where to park the car for delivery. Did you get something like that?
I have not, but I live in one of those backward states that dictates I have to drive through 2 other states and 210 miles to pickup my car. I'm just starting to wonder if i'm going to get screwed over on the end of the quarter push for people like you (which I totally get).

• Informative
I agree! I had no issues with my 2019 M3LR, but the 2022 M3LR feels more solid, the suspension seems better sorted, the interior is nicer with the updated center console, the wireless charging, the alcantara on the doors, with the double pane windows it's even more quiet. To my eye, the paint seems higher quality, although I went from blue to midnight silver. The midnight silver looks better in person with little specs of blue. Definitely an upgrade from the 2019.
What other improvements did you notice in your ‘22 over the ‘19 you had? I’m also upgrading from a 2019 blue SR+ to a 2022 MSM LR.

Reactions: Morty E