Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still in disbelief - BUT I GOT SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY TOMORROW AT 4PM....called to see if there was another update and they said yes actually, i will call the SC now to see if we can schedule delivery.....they said YES - you want to do 4PM?! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO
So happy for you!!!!!!!! Inspect the hell out of it!!! Also, can you update us and let us know if both your trunk lifts have the rubber housing or just one. I’m paranoid, but I think just one is standard

Still in disbelief - BUT I GOT SCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY TOMORROW AT 4PM....called to see if there was another update and they said yes actually, i will call the SC now to see if we can schedule delivery.....they said YES - you want to do 4PM?! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO
It's super ironic that we mentioned you with the charge port issue this morning and you now got a text to schedule delivery.

Coincidence? I think not.

The laws get very complex and vary from state to state, but the general gist of most of them is that manufacturers are not allowed to compete with franchise dealers by selling direct to consumer. They also can’t just cut their dealership contracts to reduce their dealer footprint whenever they want.

Tesla has never had any franchise dealers so they were able to circumvent or get exemptions from those laws in many states.

Some states (like Texas) still don’t allow Tesla to sell directly in the state. Some states have closed their loopholes after Tesla so the likes of Rivian and Lucid will have more hoops to jump through.

Ford’s recently announced plans for online sales will still have to rely on the dealers for PDI and delivery, but they will just provide a central online sales portal to handle paperwork etc digitally without having to deal with a salesperson or finance person IRL.
Back in 2019, Tesla applied for a new vehicle dealership license in Delaware and was denied on April 19, 2021. Tesla requested a closed-door hearing with DE Dept Of Transportation (DELDOT) on June 23, 2021, but nothing ever came of it. Here's a link to the article Tesla Challenges Delaware Law

Reactions: jmaher
Well congrats to all that got vins but really getting frustrated that Ca is still getting pushed behind other states. Two hours from Fremont and seeing east coast getting VINs assigned with later OD than me is getting really old. Rates have gone up, gas close to $7.00 a gallon so it would be nice to get a little love in Calif. sorry I haven’t vented yet but I felt it was due.
Man I get it, if I were you I would be a little upset as well. Your time is coming but the whole rate thing along makes me furious.... there have been 4 rate hikes since I started this process and were talking a fairly large chunk of change because of that..

Fuel prices... totally get it , if it makes you feel any better My daily Driver is a f-250 Diesel currently - it was meant to pull a camper not be a daily driver. Now I'm starting to actually drive around to see people and it hurts. $189 dollars a fill up... Tesla cant get here soon enough...

So happy for you!!!!!!!! Inspect the hell out of it!!! Also, can you update us and let us know if both your trunk lifts have the rubber housing or just one. I’m paranoid, but I think just one is standard
Inspection will be more than thorough! I’ll take a look and update once it’s received, keep in mind my VIN is 235xx so it may not be representative to newer VINs!

Reactions: Nfletcher
Man I get it, if I were you I would be a little upset as well. Your time is coming but the whole rate thing along makes me furious.... there have been 4 rate hikes since I started this process and were talking a fairly large chunk of change because of that..

Fuel prices... totally get it , if it makes you feel any better My daily Driver is a f-250 Diesel currently - it was meant to pull a camper not be a daily driver. Now I'm starting to actually drive around to see people and it hurts. $189 dollars a fill up... Tesla cant get here soon enough...
I guess this is a bad time to ask you to drive over and see if my car is there? 😉

I just spent an hour on hold with Tesla to see if I could get an idea of when I'll hear about scheduling the pick-up and it was the worst rep I've spoken to. He had no interest in talking and wouldn't say anything more than "there is no additional information available". FWIW, my calls to them in the past have been quick, usually talking to someone within five minutes.

Now I got a text that says my car is at the showroom already and I can pick it up as early as Thursday.
Is that normal to get a vin after it arrives at the showroom?
It sounds like a refused vehicle, which would mean either the person didn't like it, they were out of town, couldn't pay for it, or some other reason.

Coincidence? I think not.
It was the praise of dealerships that got them moving.

$189 dollars a fill up...
😲

Reactions: Mwhusa
I just received a trade-in text so I replied I don't have a trade in. I know everyone will say it doesn't mean anything, but I can still have hope. My EDD just changed this past Saturday to June 18 - July 2.
Several times recently we've seen people get that text and then get a VIN in the following week or two. That's how it went for me last month.

Reactions: JustJenn
I guess this is a bad time to ask you to drive over and see if my car is there? 😉

I just spent an hour on hold with Tesla to see if I could get an idea of when I'll hear about scheduling the pick-up and it was the worst rep I've spoken to. He had no interest in talking and wouldn't say anything more than "there is no additional information available". FWIW, my calls to them in the past have been quick, usually talking to someone within five minutes.
Sorry the SA struggles continue :( AJ @ the Matthews location is pretty darn good. If I swing by there near future, Ill PM you and see if I can bird dog it down for you.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan