Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my vin today but it asking me for the insurance. Do I need to add insurance now or wait? also when you received your vin how many day's did it take to received your car? One more question do anyone have the lien holder address for Tesla financing? New EDD is June 19-June-23
U can set the start date of policy when you get your appt to pick up...vin assigned and 3 days after we got an message to pick a appt pickup date and time...that window was within the next 5 days u can chose your date and time slot...this is us in SF

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
We were the only black m3 in the lot today. There was a red MX though and that looked super sharp.

Pickup was smooth, the SA I alone with over text was wrong about the headlights and my 266 had premium and not global but that wasn't a deal breaker. No issues with the car though. We arrived about 2 hours early which have us a chance to check it out fully before signing anything. Doors were unlocked and the car was on so we were able to have a full look at it without having to bug anyone. Tossed the bandit quick mount license plate on it before heading home and it was a nice smooth 4.5 hours north.

Now I'm just exhausted from 9-10 hours of driving and not a great sleep the night before. It's interesting the ways Tesla invades your dreams the night before delivery.
Has anyone reported getting Dual Pane windows on a 3?
It was my understanding that only the front windows had dual pane.

Reactions: CEEV
I personally like this approach. If I get an awesome car at a lower price because Tesla doesn't invest in sales, I can easily forget about the interesting order fulfillment period. I was going to use the adjective 'annoying' but after being in this thread for a while I came to appreciate the process and find it quite fun to commiserate with others actually. :)
I think there's a clear parallel to Henry Ford, who thought similarly, he was deeply technically and industrially focused, with little concern for the rest. It worked for a while, with Ford production capability and vertical integration rising far above competition. But eventually, they were supplanted by General Motors which did care about human emotions & their perceived wants and status more.

I'm surprised I never did a simple orders chart. I used a random number to space out the dots.

View attachment 813388

Edit: A closeup of 2022's orders as a bar chart. The absolute numbers don't mean anything, of course, because this is just the number of orders that people have recorded in the spreadsheet. Hopefully they are comparable over time.

View attachment 813392

US gasoline prices started rising sharply in late January, and US Fed raised interest rates on March 17 and May 5.

I think there's a clear parallel to Henry Ford, who thought similarly, he was deeply technically and industrially focused, with little concern for the rest. It worked for a while, with Ford production capability and vertical integration rising far above competition. But eventually, they were supplanted by General Motors which did care about human emotions & their perceived wants and status more.
I honestly look forward to when EV production becomes so cheap and commonplace that manufacturers are going to compete mostly on service. Until then, I'm good with Tesla trying to keep costs low by cutting corners in service.

As @tm3lrawd was saying it's hard to say for sure, even if you ask your SA. My SA told me that my car has matrix but the other 266s seem to have the old lights. I'm not very optimistic.
Interesting story here - so when I called and spoke with an SA this morning they confirmed the stuff on the car and even said they have an internal tool to do so. Spoke with an SA at my dealer and he said he couldn’t tell me anything and would have to wait and see. Is there a difference in internal tools here or is it just whatever the SA is feeling like? I think it’s the latter….

You will love the M3P, I have absolutely no regrets upgrading, my main concerns were the ride, but it is great. Love the acceleration and the look, the wheels are eye catching.. still can’t believe it was only 6 hours from changing the order to picking up the car! (I went with Tesla insurance just for speed, then figured I can shop for quotes later…View attachment 813404
I honestly loved the 19” Sport wheels with MSM. It looked very nice. But the Überturbine wheels are good too. The only downside about it is that I decreased the range after the switch. That also appears to be my same exact build, lol. Glad to get a glimpse of what it will look like.

I also scheduled delivery. Saturday @ 5:30 PM EDT.

Reactions: jpaychek
Well congrats to all that got vins but really getting frustrated that Ca is still getting pushed behind other states. Two hours from Fremont and seeing east coast getting VINs assigned with later OD than me is getting really old. Rates have gone up, gas close to $7.00 a gallon so it would be nice to get a little love in Calif. sorry I haven’t vented yet but I felt it was due.
Overdue Tesla Vin...Overdue Vent;) We💕 Calif!!

It's super ironic that we mentioned you with the charge port issue this morning and you now got a text to schedule delivery.

Coincidence? I think not.
I just received a trade-in text so I replied I don't have a trade in. I know everyone will say it doesn't mean anything, but I can still have hope. My EDD just changed this past Saturday to June 18 - July 2.
Nothing wrong with a Hope and a Wish ;)

Reactions: jpaychek