Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I swung by the SC and THERE SHE WAS! She's a dirty girl right now, but I was still able to do a walk-around and verify some stuff.
She has Matrix headlights. I didn't see any gap issues. I didn't see any paint issues, but she's covered in dirt right now. Interior looked fine. Aero covers are not on the car. Not sure if they put them on before pickup or if they're in the trunk. Hankook tires.
According to her VIN sticker, she was born on June 2nd (the morning I got the VIN).
View attachment 813403
Congratulations

So, I swung by the SC and THERE SHE WAS! She's a dirty girl right now, but I was still able to do a walk-around and verify some stuff.
She has Matrix headlights. I didn't see any gap issues. I didn't see any paint issues, but she's covered in dirt right now. Interior looked fine. Aero covers are not on the car. Not sure if they put them on before pickup or if they're in the trunk. Hankook tires.
According to her VIN sticker, she was born on June 2nd (the morning I got the VIN).
View attachment 813403
“Take meee!!!!!”

• Funny
Reactions: jpaychek and T-J-
I'm not sure what is going on with my EDD. Any ideas? I was shocked and disappointed over the weekend when the EDD jumped.

OD: 03/24
EDD1: June 21 - July 13
EDD2: June 13 - July 5
EDD3: June 2 - June 14
EDD5: Sept 3 - October 3 October 15
If you read back, you'll find that others have been hitting the same change. These dramatic push-backs have happened before, and I think each one quickly reverted to the original dates. A glitch in the matrix or something. It's pretty bizarre to have Tesla come out and give you a two week window in October. Look for a reversion within a week.

I'm not sure what is going on with my EDD. Any ideas? I was shocked and disappointed over the weekend when the EDD jumped.

Man that’s a big jump. It’s been happening to a lot people really not sure what’s up with these glitches

There's a legal story to this? Can you elaborate? How did Tesla circumvent whatever legal obstacle there is to selling directly to consumers?

For example, more helpful information about your order/vehicle, as several complaints have indicated.
Some states have laws forbidding direct sales to consumers. People in those states have to drive to a ‘consumer friendly’ state to buy a Tesla.

If you read back, you'll find that others have been hitting the same change. These dramatic push-backs have happened before, and I think each one quickly reverted to the original dates. A glitch in the matrix or something. It's pretty bizarre to have Tesla come out and give you a two week window in October. Look for a reversion within a week.
Thank you for the explanation. There is a typo. It is approx a month long window Sept 3 - October 15.

Vin with 271 do they come with the matrix headlights?
Maybe, maybe not. It’s a crap shoot. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for the installation of matrix lights. My VIN is 266 and does not have matrix lights. Another poster has a 266 VIN and has matrix lights. I’m in Florida, he’s in California. Some even believe production date was driving things but that didn’t fit the facts either.

Here’s my theory. Originally they thought they could get you in on the end of the quarter push for Q2. They had some big issues with unavailable parts this quarter so I’m sure they didn’t manufacture as many cars as they estimated they would. I’ve seen a lot of SRW switches to LR and they are jumping the LR line and bumping us farther out. Also the EDD may be based on historical data that they count on a certain percentage of people reserving cars will not actually take those cars but with gas prices rising, more people are actually taking their delivery. That last point may be a little far fetched but it’s been on my mind as a possible statistic.

It’s very important to remember EDD’s are very volatile. Computers generate them and mistakes happen. There have been posts in the past where the EDD shot way out but within a couple of weeks came back down.
I think it could be availability of parts at any particular moment as well.
For example, the system knows how many widgets they have on hand. The computer doesn't see any more widgets coming in, so it thinks they'll run out after X number of cars are made. So it pushes out EDD's. Then, when it's told that more widgets are being delivered, it updates the EDD's.
Just my thoughts on the crazy EDD's.

They lowered the price because no one wants to buy one. Not exactly got a stellar reputation (habit of burning down houses 😜).
Yeah exactly why I chose Tesla and no other EV company.
A product that's actually available for purchase, and has had several years to get rid of their kinks.
Yet Chevrolet still can't patch that pesky self-immolation bug stop their cars from self-igniting.
I remember in high school when the only EVs talked about were the Chevy Volt or Tesla Model S.
After all this time we can see where they and their companies ended up (so far).

As we reach the end of another EOQ push, with a flurry of VIN assignments, what popped into my head was "graduating class of Q2 2022" :D
Although Elon wanted to change manufacturing timing so that VINs would be steadily pushed out, it seems COVID, inflation, parts shortages, and Russia had other plans for him.