Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine left a week ago and that text said I would get another message within a week for me to schedule delivery. It didn't come. I messaged the SA about two hours ago and no answer. I believe I had a random SA in the past that was likely in Cali and now it's someone at the local center and they're not great about responding.
I messaged mine in response to the generic message and they said 2 weeks on average from Fremont to Kansas City which seems a bit excessive to me. I've started moving money around today and getting insurance in line in cases I get a "surprise" delivery window next week.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan
I messaged mine in response to the generic message and they said 2 weeks on average from Fremont to Kansas City which seems a bit excessive to me. I've started moving money around today and getting insurance in line in cases I get a "surprise" delivery window next week.
We've had a few Jersey users say it was exactly two weeks for them so I would think yours would be a little faster than that. My car will go by rail to Birmingham and that's only seven hours from my delivery center so I can't see it being too much longer for me.

I also like the red calipers and rims. I do live near Chicago so that is a big factor why I didn’t go with it initially. But they have after market 18’s I could put on for winter. But that’s another expense though.
I asked a friend about that he said it's very hard to get 18" that fit over those brake calibers so they are very $$$$ and then you lose the acceleration of the performance lol

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Well I don't have a shiny new car yet to show off pictures of but I did get this beautiful piece of hardware installed in my garage while I wait. $400 for the Wall Connector and $1350 for installation including all parts #6 wire, EMT, and 60A breaker. This thing really is on par with Apple products as far as the sleek industrial design goes which I love. I feel like a need a screen protector to put over the glass it's so nice and yes it is real glass! Way too nice for my filthy garage. I put the J1772, that I mistakenly bought before I knew my car will come with one, on the side just because I had nowhere else to put it. I'm all set and this wait is killing me!!

AxiI1T5.jpg

4pNcu5W.jpg
I got the same toy installed today!!!

Attachments

• 768D6466-4EAF-41CC-B3F9-5F214826C21E.jpeg
    768D6466-4EAF-41CC-B3F9-5F214826C21E.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 47
Day 100....

Congrats T-J!!! This is the actual day I picked mine up. And I just saw this today, to be honest checked back in just to see the status of yours LOL. And it is the day you are picking up. I am a bit OCD, so reading through the entire thread so will see how the delivery goes in a bit. CONGRATS again. I am sure you will love it as much as we love our (2nd one). There are a few differences between the 2021 that my husband has and my 2022...But regardless they are awesome!

We've had a few Jersey users say it was exactly two weeks for them so I would think yours would be a little faster than that. My car will go by rail to Birmingham and that's only seven hours from my delivery center so I can't see it being too much longer for me.
That is kind of what I'm banking on with getting the finances in order now. Based on this thread we think Tesla will deliver by rail to Birmingham or Chicago, but either mailine rail provider from California (BNSF or UP) also serves KC directly. Additionally KC also has automotive specific rail service due to a Ford plant there; but even if it ends up in Chicago that isn't that far of a truck drive to Kansas City.

Last edited:
Hello my fellow M3LR people. EDD got bumped from 06/06-07/04 to 06/30-07/28 for my M3LR MSM, Black, 18", No FSD with OD of 03/12. I am in the Bay Area, any hope I get it before the end of the quarter? Would upgrading tires or interior be likely to bump up my time so I don't miss the end of quarter push?

Will update signature when I get enough comments in here!

Hello my fellow M3LR people. EDD got bumped from 06/06-07/04 to 06/30-07/28 for my M3LR MSM, Black, 18", No FSD with OD of 03/12. I am in the Bay Area, any hope I get it before the end of the quarter? Would upgrading tires or interior be likely to bump up my time so I don't miss the end of quarter push?

Welcome to the thread! You set a good example for new members lol.

Regarding the upgrades, it doesn't hurt to try. You can change the configuration, wait a couple of days to see if your EDD moves, then decide to keep the new configuration or revert back. You won't lose your place in line.

Being on the west coast means you definitely have a chance of sliding in for his quarter. Personally, I wouldn't change anything because your car could go into production at any time and making a change may cause some type of delay. That's nothing more than my paranoia talking but I think you're close enough to ride it out.

Reactions: JB47394
I asked a friend about that he said it's very hard to get 18" that fit over those brake calibers so they are very $$$$ and then you lose the acceleration of the performance lol
I dont think you lose the acceleration by changing the tires, the 3.1 0-60 comes from software differences. To the best of my knowledge changing the tires/rims doesn't decrease that. Am I wrong?

Ok, the post you've all been waiting for....
TJ has graduated!!!!
Picked up this morning at 10am without any issues. Car looks spotless. I signed my registration paperwork and was on my way. SA was very nice and reminded me of the 24hrs to let them know about anything and to be as picky as I want.
My only complaint is that the A/C seems to take a bit to get the heat out of the car. It's only about 100 degrees right now, so I'm hoping it can keep up when it's over 110.
Matrix lights. Double pane glass.
Everyone, please meet, the Black Pearl:
Congrats, looks GREAT. Glad it all went off with no issues. Enjoy the ride!

Reactions: T-J-
I dont think you lose the acceleration by changing the tires, the 3.1 0-60 comes from software differences. To the best of my knowledge changing the tires/rims doesn't decrease that. Am I
It will absolutely effect the performance of the car and if the wheels are not performance rated which they can't be for winter reasons you will see a difference in handling range and potentially speed/acceleration

You may be able to still get the same acceleration but the wheels will likely degrade very fast as well