Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Complain. Go by the Heat Index.

Heat Index

Right now in the DC area it's 93 and 44% humidity. Tucson is 104 and 15% humidity. Our Heat Index is 104. Tucson's is 102.
In Memphis at 6pm it’s 96 with a 107 index (was 112) and 57% humidity. The humidity is low for us and that was our only saving grace today. Get those temps with an 80% humidity and it’s brutal. That’s what we call swamp a$$ weather.

Sold the car for a chunky profit. I have legs/bike so it’s not the end of the world. I have worked in the automotive industry and sold more cars than you could imagine not once have I seen this fluctuating delivery date.
Sold mine early too they gave me what I originally paid for my 2019 Toyota Camry! It was too good of a deal to not pass up so I just used my boyfriends car! 😂 But finally have a Delivery date. Hopefully it’s next week June 21st @ 3PM! Ordered 3/18 White/White/Aero/No FSD.

Reactions: Maric and jpaychek
"An issue"? It would be a wonderful world if people would just communicate the truth of a situation. Was the shipment attacked by zombies? Did one of the cars have a baby Model 1? Was the driver abducted by aliens? What exactly is "an issue"? I'd love to know what happened to my vehicle with its dent and a pretty-obviously-replaced glass roof panel. I don't think the factory leaves tape on the underside of the glass panels after installation.

Hang in there.
I let my emotions get the best of me and I didn't ask why it was delayed. I'm not sure it would have mattered because as you said they won't provide a straight answer. She was really nice and apologized while calling it a "buzzkill". 😡

Well, it happened. I am now in possession of this beauty. The delivery experience was smoother than I prepared myself for. It was home delivery. Time window was 12-4 and the car arrived at 12 on the dot, so there wasn't much waiting. The driver left right away but he left a note on the driver's window with a QR code to scan to get in touch with a Tesla rep if there was any issue - there was none. No noticeable misalignment, scratches, or dents.

Tesla front.png

The only blemish I saw was some glue left on the inside of the passenger window. Gonna have to figure out how to get it out. Fingernail scratching wouldn't do it.

Tesla window glue.png

The car came 65% charged with 18 miles on the odometer. I noticed the tires are Michelin but have no idea which type of headlights are on. The paint on the hood reflected the glistening cloudy sky - what a scenery! I contemplated getting red paint about a month ago, but decided against the risk of a delay. I'm glad I stuck with white - as I thought, this color magnifies the contour of the whole body. I have not tried charging the car yet - will do at work tomorrow.

It was such a magical moment to see the car lying there waiting for me. It's been a journey. But there's a lot more journey ahead.

Thanks to all of you who've been sharing the waiting experience with me - like it or not, commiseration creates a strong bond, and those who have exchanged banter with me to help distract me from my obsession with the car that wasn't even in production yet. And special thanks to those who have shared the knowledge and experience of taking delivery so I could prepare myself for the rest of the wait and for the delivery.

It was all worth it.

Good luck to those still waiting. Your gratification will be delayed, but it'll be oh so much more rewarding.

Sincerely,
-Hiline

I was disappointed when I found out my credit card was charged to charge at the dealer while doing paper work.
You’d think it would have come with a full charge for that kind of money.
Yeah that’s ridiculous. When taking delivery of an ICE car, it’s customary for the car to come with a full tank of gas at “no cost” (though I figure the finance dept. builds it into the sale price/financing somehow). But for the few dollars of charging, Tesla should at least make that complimentary

Yeah that’s ridiculous. When taking delivery of an ICE car, it’s customary for the car to come with a full tank of gas at “no cost” (though I figure the finance dept. builds it into the sale price/financing somehow). But for the few dollars of charging, Tesla should at least make that complimentary
They’re seriously not giving a full (at least recommended 80%) charge at delivery?

Had a little sticker shock getting an insurance quote today. I'm in the Philly area, so I expect it to be expensive, but this was surprising. I'm in my 40s, clean driving record, Allstate, who we do home and auto with wants 160 a month. I went over to USAA real quick just to get a comparison....103 a month. All the coverages are the same or similar. I expected it to be higher, but this would almost double our monthly car insurance payment if we go with Allstate, even after eliminating my current car. I switched from USAA a few years ago because their rates started to get higher, but I might be going back for at least the Tesla.
Did you try getting a quote from Tesla’s own insurance? Curious to know how they compare to the mainstream companies

Just got a call about delivery and I got a delay of five days. She said there was an issue during transit. I was supposed to be picking up on Thursday 6/16 and now it's Tuesday 6/21. I didn't handle the call very well. I haven't complained about my wait but that hit me the wrong way. Three months in a family member's car hasn't been fun. Oh well just a week to go.

One note on the final payment. My bank issued the check for the full amount and included the $250 deposit. I asked the SA about that and she said it wasn't an issue at all and that it's extremely common. The $250 will be refunded to the bank in 30-60 days.
So you shot the messenger? 😝. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. I’m picking my car up tomorrow morning and I still won’t believe it until it’s done. I called this afternoon to confirm ‘no issues’ as I was afraid I would be in the same boat as you. One guy posted he flew to pick up his car only to be told there would be a 1 day delay. He had to find lodging for the night. 5 day delay might sound very serious until you consider the backlog of cars to process. Could be minor but have to work it into the schedule. Hope that’s the deal for ya.
Good Luck! 🤞

You'll be fine. Go home, plug it in and you can learn about the charging part.

Well, it happened. I am now in possession of this beauty. The delivery experience was smoother than I prepared myself for. It was home delivery. Time window was 12-4 and the car arrived at 12 on the dot, so there wasn't much waiting. The driver left right away but he left a note on the driver's window with a QR code to scan to get in touch with a Tesla rep if there was any issue - there was none. No noticeable misalignment, scratches, or dents.

View attachment 816254

The only blemish I saw was some glue left on the inside of the passenger window. Gonna have to figure out how to get it out. Fingernail scratching wouldn't do it.

View attachment 816265

The car came 65% charged with 18 miles on the odometer. I noticed the tires are Michelin but have no idea which type of headlights are on. The paint on the hood reflected the glistening cloudy sky - what a scenery! I contemplated getting red paint about a month ago, but decided against the risk of a delay. I'm glad I stuck with white - as I thought, this color magnifies the contour of the whole body. I have not tried charging the car yet - will do at work tomorrow.

It was such a magical moment to see the car lying there waiting for me. It's been a journey. But there's a lot more journey ahead.

Thanks to all of you who've been sharing the waiting experience with me - like it or not, commiseration creates a strong bond, and those who have exchanged banter with me to help distract me from my obsession with the car that wasn't even in production yet. And special thanks to those who have shared the knowledge and experience of taking delivery so I could prepare myself for the rest of the wait and for the delivery.

It was all worth it.

Good luck to those still waiting. Your gratification will be delayed, but it'll be oh so much more rewarding.

Sincerely,
-Hiline
LOL, your picture has glare on the headlamp right where you can easily tell which type. Is there a large round bulb at the beginning of each headlamp with reflectors after that? If so, the lights are Matrix.

So you shot the messenger? 😝. Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. I’m picking my car up tomorrow morning and I still won’t believe it until it’s done. I called this afternoon to confirm ‘no issues’ as I was afraid I would be in the same boat as you. One guy posted he flew to pick up his car only to be told there would be a 1 day delay. He had to find lodging for the night. 5 day delay might sound very serious until you consider the backlog of cars to process. Could be minor but have to work it into the schedule. Hope that’s the deal for ya.
Good Luck! 🤞
I actually felt really bad about how I acted. I didn't necessarily say anything to her but I did drop a bad word. lol The wait hasn't been that bad for me but I let myself believe it was happening Thursday and even made plans for the weekend and because I'm using a family member's car I'll have to change those plans.

I am glad to see so many people getting their cars. The last few weeks of the quarter are the most fun we see around here.