Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they want to prioritize higher margin vehicles then say so up front. Don’t push back my 18” wheels vehicle by a month to improve their Q2 performance. No excuse for them.
Ah, but they do say so up front. Visit the order page and configure a minimum spec Model 3 for Standard Range, Long Range and Performance. The higher trims are have earlier estimated delivery dates. Then add one upgraded feature to each and compare the resulting estimated delivery dates against the minimum spec configurations. Upgraded vehicles have earlier estimated delivery dates.

Their excuse is that their goal is not to accumulate money, but to electrify vehicles. They need as much money as they can get in order to pursue that. Battery factories and vehicle factories take a lot of capital. Research into battery chemistries requires capital. Research into self-driving technologies requires capital. And so on. It's a big vision.

anyone else waiting to take delivery in the pa area? my pickup date is 6/16 and yesterday tesla says “You are currently scheduled for 06/16 at 1:00 pm. Car has not arrived here yet but we are still on track for Thursday.”.
Yes. Have mine scheduled for the 20th. No updates to change the date or anything. I'm using the Devon location for pick-up. You?

Reactions: SixersDave
I just changed my configuration to Performance a few minutes ago (6/9 @ 9pm pst)! Let's see how this affect my EDD. Currently sitting at Aug 8 - Sep 19. I shall keep y'all updated!
Morning y'all. Woke up to EDD change. From 8/8 -9/19 to now 6/16 - 6/26. Sunnyvale pickup. As promised, updating progress on switch from LR to P.

damn seems like tesla rates jumped again? 3.74% now...
Yeah rates are going up all over. At the end of the day it's maybe an additional 1000 over the life of the loan. I looked into credit unions ( and got unexpected hard pulls :/) but I'm staying with Tesla. It's just easier and the extra few dollars are nbd over the life of the loan. Plus if you pay it off sooner interest means even less

Reactions: Hiline
Yeah rates are going up all over. At the end of the day it's maybe an additional 1000 over the life of the loan. I looked into credit unions ( and got unexpected hard pulls :/) but I'm staying with Tesla. It's just easier and the extra few dollars are nbd over the life of the loan. Plus if you pay it off sooner interest means even less
This was my thinking as well. Tesla rates are actually pretty competitive, usually within 50 basis points of credit unions’, making the convenience factor play a big role in decision making.

Reactions: ZZ118
Just curious as to why my delivery screen in the app looks different from other peoples? Does the app show differently based on country? i noticed on someone elses screen they had a delivery task screen. i dont have anything outstanding left as i financed through tesla and my insurance is uploaded already so is that why?
Yes, in Canada you do all your tasks on the website itself.

Exactly this. My delivery center is in Mount Kisco, NY, which is a 6 hour drive (with gas). Taking a flight down early AM and won't be back until later in the evening. Getting the car with only 65% charge means at 2 supercharging stops. Not fun.
I'll be in that boat next week, and tried ABRP app to plan the trip home. It was showing me 2 charging stops with 90% or 60% SOC at the beginning anyway. The latter required total charging time of 26 min and getting home with 10% left and total trip time of 7 hrs. I don't think it's too bad and we just need to get used to that new mind set of not being able to re-fuel anytime and anyplace we want and possibly carrying extra canister in the trunk just in case.
But what would be nice, is having 90% charge at pick up, like having full tank of gas when buying a new car.