Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, when one pays 60 grand, one demands quality in return. These cars are not cheap. If they sold the same car for 1/2 the price, I am less likely to go through a checklist. Build quality is not the hallmark of Tesla, it is more like a Kia. Until we continue to voice our concerns and frustrations, Musk is not going to change. These concerns make prospective buyers aware and demand changes.Associating horror stories with Tesla brand will make them change. Accepting as-is just because one is impatient to get one or brush these defects aside will only get us poor quality cars.

I'm sorry but missing bolt is just one of the issue that you cherry picked. Panel gaps are well know in Tesla and continue to plague all models to this day. Do you see panel gaps in German or Japanese cars? If Teslas market themselves as premium, they should build premium cars. Other than technology there is nothing premium in Teslas.
As a former BMW and Audi owner, I have news for you. The build quality of your Tesla will not be in the same ballpark as those cars. Shut the door once and you'll hear the difference. If you are expecting immaculate build quality, manage your expectations. I am not excusing them for panel gaps but I'm telling you no matter what you pay, you are not going to get that.

Good morning everyone. Yesterday, I offically graduatd from this thread!!!:)

This first couple of paragraphs are for the detailed planners like myself. I picked up my car at the Irvine SC in SoCal late Friday afternoon. I should have followed my first instinct and taken the entire day off of work. I thought working half a shift would make the day go by faster! 😂 Ended up getting delayed at work and left only one hour before my delivery time. I tried to reach the SC to let them know I was running late, but was not able to reach anyone. At 1:49 p.m., I get a text Your Model 3 is almost ready for pick-up. I arrived for my 2:00 p.m. appointment at 2:22 p.m. Annoying, because I hate being late.😀 There were probably 30 new Teslas in parking stalls to the front and employees moving more Teslas in and out of the rear warehouse. There were seven people waiting to check-in and approximately a dozen more inside the small waiting room when I arrived.

I apologized for running late and was told not to worry because they were running a little behind with deliveries. The first thing they ask for is your ID and a current photogrpah of your odometer; if you are trading a vehicle. So, I had to run back to my car and take a photo of the odometer. After verifying my odometer, I handed over the pink slip, key fobs and signed the trade-in paperwork. I was given release of liability instructions to complete with DMV. I handed over my checks (credit union and my down payment cashier's check). The SA requested I go into my app and accept delivery. I told him I wanted to look at the car first. After checking the computer to tell me which parking space to look for my vehicle, he discovers my vehicle is still inside and has not been prepped. The SA advised he would let me know when the car was up front so that I could check it out. DO NOT accept your vehicle prior to them telling you where to locate your vehicle. Once you accept the vehicle in the app it locks out Tesla employees from accessing your vehicle. Apparently, it also makes it diffiicult for them to locate the vehicle if it is still in the back with all the other Teslas. Tesla employees were having a difficult time finding a couple of peoples vehicles and/or could not access them in the back because they had already accepted their vehicles in the app. I am assuming my SA was new and overwhelmed with the amount of vehicles and people taking delivery. There were at least a hundred or more Teslas in the back SC area. Don't expect any kind of personal assistance once you locate your vehicle. The few SAs that were there were busy with check-ins.

There were no major issues with my car. Matrix lights, Michelin tires, and charging adapter. It was charged to 67 percent. Halfway home my car had completed calibration. It was 95 degrees and the AC kept the car nice and cool. When I got home, I noticed the material on the steering wheel was coming apart. I took photos and submitted a service request and made an appointment for them to come to the house to repair that. I ordered Homelink too. The car is a joy to drive and worth wating for. :)
Congrats!

Reactions: Acocpuff
woah thats a big jump! congrats!
Psh. He probably has relatives in Ohio.
And if they give a voucher for one how long until it's sold out and I have to wait even more months for the charger
Whatever you do, don't buy it on eBay. Those jokers will be the reason it sells out so quickly. (P.S. it's a connector :))
Super helpful...looks good. Is the flash drive for Sentry mode included as well?
The flash drive is standard.
As a former BMW and Audi owner, I have news for you. The build quality of your Tesla will not be in the same ballpark as those cars. Shut the door once and you'll hear the difference. If you are expecting immaculate build quality, manage your expectations. I am not excusing them for panel gaps but I'm telling you no matter what you pay, you are not going to get that.
Absolutely. The Model 3 is a battery electric performance vehicle. The price comes in large part from a lack of competition. Tesla has 30% profit margins on their cars. The average profit margin for major auto companies worldwide is 7.5%. That's because they compete with each other. Tesla has no competition right now. So with a 30% profit margin, Tesla's costs per Model 3 Long Range are around $42,000. Add in 7.5% profit margin and you're looking at something a bit over $45,000. That's Mercedes-Benz A-Class or Audi A3. Entry level luxury cars. With gas engines.

Last edited:
I'm having a pretty strange home delivery experience. The car is in my driveway right now, but the app doesn't let me view the terms to accept delivery and unlock the car.

I'm guessing it has to do with payment, since my loan wasn't even finalized until a few hours into the window when they were due to drop off the car. Not sure why they even scheduled the delivery before things were finalized. Maybe they're pushing too hard for the end of the quarter.

Currently waiting to hear back. Hopefully I don't have to wait until Monday to open the car. 🙃

I'm having a pretty strange home delivery experience. The car is in my driveway right now, but the app doesn't let me view the terms to accept delivery and unlock the car.

I'm guessing it has to do with payment, since my loan wasn't even finalized until a few hours into the window when they were due to drop off the car. Not sure why they even scheduled the delivery before things were finalized. Maybe they're pushing too hard for the end of the quarter.

Currently waiting to hear back. Hopefully I don't have to wait until Monday to open the car. 🙃
Someone yesterday was having the same issue at the SC. The SA told them to try refreshing the app. When that didnt work he told them to log completely out the app and log back into the app. It was so busy there I am not sure if it ultimately worked for them. Good luck and congrats. :)

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and dr3ams
Hey everyone.

I took delivery of my M3LR last week, I wanted to take my time and make sure everything was fine with the car before posting here. First things first, this is an incredible car. Yes it's pricey but I'll take this car over a $70,000 BMW any day. The drive is smooth, the acceleration is out of this world even without the boost, it's not the prettiest ever, but I got used to the looks of it. Super happy with the car.
I ordered my car on March 15th and it was delivered in Coral Gables, FL on June 14th. Delivery experience was a letdown to say the least, the car was dirty and no one really paid attention to us or would answer our questions. I had to finalize payment and accept delivery in the app before I was able to get inside the car and make sure everything was alright. Luckily I haven't noticed anything wrong inside or outside the car. Michelin tires, matrix headlights and mobile charger included.
I want to say thank you to everyone that helped me patiently waiting for my car to be delivered, like everyone before me, I can't stressed enough how much it's worth the wait. I'm still going to hang around if anyone has questions.
Peace

20220625_184001.jpeg

Graduation Day! It was very easy. I gave them a cashier's check, signed a few DMV documents and completed steps in the app. That was it.

Here's my summary:
Order placed 3/12/22, estimated delivery May 2022
M3LR, pearl white, black, 18" Aero, no FSD
Delivery Date 6/25/22

My car has Michelin tires and the matrix headlights. We've had fun exploring the features and taking turns driving.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting - it is worth the wait!

Well, when one pays 60 grand, one demands quality in return. These cars are not cheap. If they sold the same car for 1/2 the price, I am less likely to go through a checklist. Build quality is not the hallmark of Tesla, it is more like a Kia. Until we continue to voice our concerns and frustrations, Musk is not going to change. These concerns make prospective buyers aware and demand changes.Associating horror stories with Tesla brand will make them change. Accepting as-is just because one is impatient to get one or brush these defects aside will only get us poor quality cars.

I'm sorry but missing bolt is just one of the issue that you cherry picked. Panel gaps are well know in Tesla and continue to plague all models to this day. Do you see panel gaps in German or Japanese cars? If Teslas market themselves as premium, they should build premium cars. Other than technology there is nothing premium in Teslas.
Yes, I "cherry picked" the bolt issue. /s
What I was trying to ask was how many people get down on the ground and look under the bumpers to check for bolts?
And, by your own admission, you say that "there is nothing premium in Teslas". Then, why would you expect premium quality?
TBH, I've never looked at panel gaps in my life. If something was off enough to grab my attention by just a cursory look, then I know it was a significant issue.
Yeah, I spent $72k on this car (total). Yeah, it's the most I've ever spent on a vehicle. Yeah, I'm loving the heck out of it. Yeah, I looked it over, just like all of my other cars, but I didn't obsess like some people do (see caliper comment earlier).
For me, it's still a car. It's a fun car. It's a nerdy car. But, it's not my identity. And that's where I think some people go too far. They make their car part of their identity.
Regardless, I'm glad you have your car, and I hope they are able to get it to within your specifications. 👍

Yes, I "cherry picked" the bolt issue. /s
What I was trying to ask was how many people get down on the ground and look under the bumpers to check for bolts?
And, by your own admission, you say that "there is nothing premium in Teslas". Then, why would you expect premium quality?
TBH, I've never looked at panel gaps in my life. If something was off enough to grab my attention by just a cursory look, then I know it was a significant issue.
Yeah, I spent $72k on this car (total). Yeah, it's the most I've ever spent on a vehicle. Yeah, I'm loving the heck out of it. Yeah, I looked it over, just like all of my other cars, but I didn't obsess like some people do (see caliper comment earlier).
For me, it's still a car. It's a fun car. It's a nerdy car. But, it's not my identity. And that's where I think some people go too far. They make their car part of their identity.
Regardless, I'm glad you have your car, and I hope they are able to get it to within your specifications. 👍
I'm ngl I see a lot of posts where people say look at this panel gap. Then I see the picture and it just looks like a beautiful car. Then I zoooooom way way in and notice that maybe the left side is just slightlllly 1-2mm different from the right side. People are also like omg look at this defect and I'm like ok you can probably just go gently push that with your finger to pop it back. All these recent cars I'm seeing posted here look fantastic and I'd be glad to own any one of them.

I'm actually kinda taken aback by some of things people post to these forums. There are literally people writing how they are throwing hissy fits and rejecting cars because they don't have matrix lights or the door is ever so slightly off. To that all I can say is wow

Last edited:
It's officially 90 days for me. My EDD has not changed which is 07/20-08/24 and at this point just going with the flow. I can't do anything about it. I do want to start a pool for over under 120 days to delivery.

Maybe I should have order 19 inch wheels to get the car faster lol.
Yeah ngl this has been a frustrating month for me. My edd slowly crept down to mid July then I added EAP and it instantly pushed out a month. After all that I'm literally back to my original EDD from when I ordered. You're in Cali so anything can happen this week good luck

Reactions: jpaychek
Hey everyone.

I took delivery of my M3LR last week, I wanted to take my time and make sure everything was fine with the car before posting here. First things first, this is an incredible car. Yes it's pricey but I'll take this car over a $70,000 BMW any day. The drive is smooth, the acceleration is out of this world even without the boost, it's not the prettiest ever, but I got used to the looks of it. Super happy with the car.
I ordered my car on March 15th and it was delivered in Coral Gables, FL on June 14th. Delivery experience was a letdown to say the least, the car was dirty and no one really paid attention to us or would answer our questions. I had to finalize payment and accept delivery in the app before I was able to get inside the car and make sure everything was alright. Luckily I haven't noticed anything wrong inside or outside the car. Michelin tires, matrix headlights and mobile charger included.
I want to say thank you to everyone that helped me patiently waiting for my car to be delivered, like everyone before me, I can't stressed enough how much it's worth the wait. I'm still going to hang around if anyone has questions.
Peace

View attachment 821140
Enjoy! Congrats!

Reactions: Charlinho
They're giving a lot of conflicting info on it. The "offical" policy was 4/27 and before you get the charger. However it seems they are just sticking them in any car they make regardless of order date until some time in August. Likely they will just stop at some point. Some people have said their SAs said at that point if you made the cutoff you will get a credit. Idk but honestly I have little faith in tesla for this right now
I hope so because my EDD keeps getting pushed back and now I’m looking at august date. OD: 3/19

Reactions: ZZ118
I hope so because my EDD keeps getting pushed back and now I’m looking at august date. OD: 3/19
Honestly I don't trust the EDDs right now with the west coast push. I'm not sure if this is how it's been in the past but they seem to be swinging around for a lot of people very wildly. Tesla is cranking cars right now and literally dumping them in people's driveways lol. People are going to august edd then someone rejects and they get a car the next day. You could very well get a VIN tomorrow. I think it will settle back once July comes around