Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning everyone. Yesterday, I offically graduatd from this thread!!!:)

This first couple of paragraphs are for the detailed planners like myself. I picked up my car at the Irvine SC in SoCal late Friday afternoon. I should have followed my first instinct and taken the entire day off of work. I thought working half a shift would make the day go by faster! 😂 Ended up getting delayed at work and left only one hour before my delivery time. I tried to reach the SC to let them know I was running late, but was not able to reach anyone. At 1:49 p.m., I get a text Your Model 3 is almost ready for pick-up. I arrived for my 2:00 p.m. appointment at 2:22 p.m. Annoying, because I hate being late.😀 There were probably 30 new Teslas in parking stalls to the front and employees moving more Teslas in and out of the rear warehouse. There were seven people waiting to check-in and approximately a dozen more inside the small waiting room when I arrived.

I apologized for running late and was told not to worry because they were running a little behind with deliveries. The first thing they ask for is your ID and a current photogrpah of your odometer; if you are trading a vehicle. So, I had to run back to my car and take a photo of the odometer. After verifying my odometer, I handed over the pink slip, key fobs and signed the trade-in paperwork. I was given release of liability instructions to complete with DMV. I handed over my checks (credit union and my down payment cashier's check). The SA requested I go into my app and accept delivery. I told him I wanted to look at the car first. After checking the computer to tell me which parking space to look for my vehicle, he discovers my vehicle is still inside and has not been prepped. The SA advised he would let me know when the car was up front so that I could check it out. DO NOT accept your vehicle prior to them telling you where to locate your vehicle. Once you accept the vehicle in the app it locks out Tesla employees from accessing your vehicle. Apparently, it also makes it diffiicult for them to locate the vehicle if it is still in the back with all the other Teslas. Tesla employees were having a difficult time finding a couple of peoples vehicles and/or could not access them in the back because they had already accepted their vehicles in the app. I am assuming my SA was new and overwhelmed with the amount of vehicles and people taking delivery. There were at least a hundred or more Teslas in the back SC area. Don't expect any kind of personal assistance once you locate your vehicle. The few SAs that were there were busy with check-ins.

There were no major issues with my car. Matrix lights, Michelin tires, and charging adapter. It was charged to 67 percent. Halfway home my car had completed calibration. It was 95 degrees and the AC kept the car nice and cool. When I got home, I noticed the material on the steering wheel was coming apart. I took photos and submitted a service request and made an appointment for them to come to the house to repair that. I ordered Homelink too. The car is a joy to drive and worth wating for. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 70
Hi everyone
I got super lucky, probably because I live in SF Bay Area at end of quarter. OD May 9th and EDD originally mid August. EDD changed a week and a half ago to June 26th, then Wed (a week after edd moved up) I received my Vin, and will be taking delivery tomorrow or Monday.
Vin is 300xxxx, and matrix headlights. Not sure about tires yet. As many others have said, stay on top of your financing. I was pre approved from credit Union but they needed electronically signed purchase contract from Tesla and I didn’t receive that until yesterday.
Couple of other thoughts: I still haven’t spoken with my SA. Requested a call but just got text back. Also, I made 2k more on my trade in by calling Audi and offering to sell my car directly to them. Tesla had a strong offer on my 2014 S4, and I would have acccepted as I don’t want to deal with privately selling. But it’s a nice car, and I figured Audi would like to retail on their lot, just about all others would have sold wholesale. I received KBB trade in value with an outright sale to Audi, pretty sweet. Mention so all of you may consider if trading in a nice car, try calling your local dealer they may surprise you.
I feel for others who had to wait longer, and those still waiting. In my case I’m quite sure I was bumped up because Tesla can deliver more cars in SF Bay Area with no transportation fees, thus improving margins and profit at end of quarter. I have learned a ton on this thread which has really helped me prepare and answer most of my questions. Thanks to all who have contributed.
I’ll post again if I learn/discover anything useful after delivery.
OD 5/9. EDD late August-early October, EDD changed a couple of times back and forth, then EDD changed on June 15 to June 26-July 10, then 24 hours after Vin, June 26-July 1.
M3LR, Blue, 19 inch Wheels, NoFSD.

Picked up my car on June 22nd, mobile charger (SA actually said every vehicle should have one included until August, regardless of order date) Matrix headlights and Hankook tires, wanted those Michelins but oh well, seems every vehicle I get has Hankook lmao, that said, I have had nothing but great past experiences with that brand, so we will see here. As for those that see crazy edd that go way out like mine did right before I received my VIN, try not to let it bother you, as the dates usually come back to a much better window (I learned this from browsing this forum, thx to all for the info).

Well, guys, it's been fun, 90 days of fun to be exact. But I graduated this morning. A wise man once said, "She's a beaut, Clark!" And boy is she.

Everyone I present "Summer".

We realized today was the first day of summer, so it seemed fitting.

After having the P for the last two days and now getting the LR, I can confirm we made the right decision. Color's wheels, model, everything. Perfect.

There wasn't a scratch, blemish, panel gap, or anything wrong with it. Also got all the goodies, charger, dual pane windows, ryzen chip, and matrix lights.

It's a bit surreal but I am glad to have the wait over with. Like everyone says it's worth it, but I still truly believe the wait before the VIN is way easier than the wait after getting the VIN.
Now to go buy the Homelink garage opener because carrying around a manual opener isn't going to be fun lol.

View attachment 819334View attachment 819335

My daughter acting like a race car driver:
View attachment 819336
Love the red... the car is a "beaut" indeed! And good luck getting your daughter to relinquish that drivers seat! 😂

This first couple of paragraphs are for the detailed planners like myself. I picked up my car at the Irvine SC in SoCal late Friday afternoon. I should have followed my first instinct and taken the entire day off of work. I thought working half a shift would make the day go by faster! 😂 Ended up getting delayed at work and left only one hour before my delivery time. I tried to reach the SC to let them know I was running late, but was not able to reach anyone. At 1:49 p.m., I get a text Your Model 3 is almost ready for pick-up. I arrived for my 2:00 p.m. appointment at 2:22 p.m. Annoying, because I hate being late.😀 There were probably 30 new Teslas in parking stalls to the front and employees moving more Teslas in and out of the rear warehouse. There were seven people waiting to check-in and approximately a dozen more inside the small waiting room when I arrived.

I apologized for running late and was told not to worry because they were running a little behind with deliveries. The first thing they ask for is your ID and a current photogrpah of your odometer; if you are trading a vehicle. So, I had to run back to my car and take a photo of the odometer. After verifying my odometer, I handed over the pink slip, key fobs and signed the trade-in paperwork. I was given release of liability instructions to complete with DMV. I handed over my checks (credit union and my down payment cashier's check). The SA requested I go into my app and accept delivery. I told him I wanted to look at the car first. After checking the computer to tell me which parking space to look for my vehicle, he discovers my vehicle is still inside and has not been prepped. The SA advised he would let me know when the car was up front so that I could check it out. DO NOT accept your vehicle prior to them telling you where to locate your vehicle. Once you accept the vehicle in the app it locks out Tesla employees from accessing your vehicle. Apparently, it also makes it diffiicult for them to locate the vehicle if it is still in the back with all the other Teslas. Tesla employees were having a difficult time finding a couple of peoples vehicles and/or could not access them in the back because they had already accepted their vehicles in the app. I am assuming my SA was new and overwhelmed with the amount of vehicles and people taking delivery. There were at least a hundred or more Teslas in the back SC area. Don't expect any kind of personal assistance once you locate your vehicle. The few SAs that were there were busy with check-ins.

There were no major issues with my car. Matrix lights, Michelin tires, and charging adapter. It was charged to 67 percent. Halfway home my car had completed calibration. It was 95 degrees and the AC kept the car nice and cool. When I got home, I noticed the material on the steering wheel was coming apart. I took photos and submitted a service request and made an appointment for them to come to the house to repair that. I ordered Homelink too. The car is a joy to drive and worth wating for. :)
Nice. Congrats.

Reactions: Acocpuff
Wishing I was you right now...just a few more weeks. Any insights on good rates recently?
DCU was the best I found but you have to deposit all of your salary into it and there is an ev discount. I wasn’t willing to do that personally as it’s a lot of hassle to change everything and it was worth a few thousand to me not to do that I guess! Ended up going with truliant federal credit Union as I have used them before. No hassle no nonsense to setup and use, fast process too. I’m a well qualified buyer - 4ish months qualified for 1.75% from Tesla banks but now with everything going on economy wise , seems to be that 3.x ish is the prime rate… credit union is going to be your best bet. Shop around.

Reactions: EdgeM3LR

Did they help you right away or did you have to wait in line after the dozen or so already waiting inside?

Picked up the Model 3 LR at Fremont Factory (still beats me that I paid $1100 for delivery fee) on Tuesday in 103 F weather. Overall a good experience driving it. I want to thank ALL OF YOU for great discussions, insights, and tips I got on this forum.

Here are few of my observations regarding delivery and the car:

The Good:
  • White seats make a HUGE difference in this heat
  • The interior was good overall with no smudges, missing stitches, or other bad stuff
  • Driving experience is great
  • The technology is pretty amazing
  • Charging is quick and dirt cheap compared to gas
  • Works great for someone living in an apartment
The Bad:
  • Minimal interaction with SA. Wish they guided us more through the process
  • Frunk hood has panel gaps
  • Back passenger door (driver's side) has panel gaps
  • Back bummer has panel gaps
  • 1 bolt missing under the front bumper
  • Road and wind noise when driving on highways
  • Build quality inferior to German cars (previous owner of BMW 3)
It was surprising to me that the SA said that it had passed Tesla Inspection and there was nothing they could do. I had to request service to get these fixed (for free of course). It is shocking to see that we've to go through all the checklist even after paying $60k+

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 08.22.17.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 08.22.17.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Picked up my car on June 22nd, mobile charger (SA actually said every vehicle should have one included until August, regardless of order date) Matrix headlights and Hankook tires, wanted those Michelins but oh well, seems every vehicle I get has Hankook lmao, that said, I have had nothing but great past experiences with that brand, so we will see here. As for those that see crazy edd that go way out like mine did right before I received my VIN, try not to let it bother you, as the dates usually come back to a much better window (I learned this from browsing this forum, thx to all for the info).
Congrats! Interesting they included the mobile connector. I contacted my SA to see if there was any chance it would be even though I ordered in late May. They just replied that only orders before Apr 17th would have them. This gives me hope though.

Congrats! Interesting they included the mobile connector. I contacted my SA to see if there was any chance it would be even though I ordered in late May. They just replied that only orders before Apr 17th would have them. This gives me hope though.
They're wrong anyway it's before 4/28. Very strange the misinformation that continues to be spread even by the SAs

They're wrong anyway it's before 4/28. Very strange the misinformation that continues to be spread even by the SAs
Very strange indeed and I didn’t even notice they told me the wrong date. I see one scenario being that it finally comes back in stock and I order, then get the car and it already has one included lol. I guess I can always sell the extra in that case.

Click on a 'spoiler' to see the details of that section.

If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
This is a central repository of volunteered information that people use to get a sense of current orders as well as the history of ordering Model 3s.

Wiki - Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

Common terms

SA = Service Advisor. This is your contact with Tesla until you've taken delivery of your vehicle.
EDD = Estimated Delivery Date. It is important to understand that this is only an approximation, not a exact prediction.
FSD = Full Self Driving. This is an optional feature of the vehicle.
VIN = Vehicle Identification Number. This is a unique identification number found on all Tesla vehicles.

Ordering FAQ

1. You have an SA, even if you ordered online. Just reply to the text you got when you ordered (Welcome to the Tesla family....).
2. SAs exist to help with the order and delivery process. They won't tell you anything more than you can learn from the Tesla app.
3. Your first EDD is likely the most accurate. Frequent updates or a lack of updates are no indication of progress on your order.
4. If you make it into an EDD without a VIN, you'll get a new EDD on the second day of the current EDD.
5. EDDs occasionally jump out by months. These are glitches that usually correct within a week.
6. VINs can come at any time. EDDs are refreshed twice a day (but yours may not change for long periods of time).
7. A text asking about a trade-in of your current vehicle is not indicative of progress on your order.
8. Expect to wait 100+ days for your car. There was a huge surge in order volume starting in March due to gas prices.
9. East coast deliveries happen in the first two months of a quarter. West coast happens in the last month of the quarter.
10. Occasionally, vehicles are delivered much earlier than expected because another person cancelled their order or refused the vehicle.
11. Orders with FSD do not currently receive priority.
12. There are two headlight types; premium and matrix. There is currently no guarantee as to which will be installed on any given vehicle.
13. Ryzen chips, double pane front glass, and lithium ion 12V batteries are standard on all vehicles.

Very strange indeed and I didn’t even notice they told me the wrong date. I see one scenario being that it finally comes back in stock and I order, then get the car and it already has one included lol. I guess I can always sell the extra in that case.
They're giving a lot of conflicting info on it. The "offical" policy was 4/27 and before you get the charger. However it seems they are just sticking them in any car they make regardless of order date until some time in August. Likely they will just stop at some point. Some people have said their SAs said at that point if you made the cutoff you will get a credit. Idk but honestly I have little faith in tesla for this right now

Picked up the Model 3 LR at Fremont Factory (still beats me that I paid $1100 for delivery fee) on Tuesday in 103 F weather. Overall a good experience driving it. I want to thank ALL OF YOU for great discussions, insights, and tips I got on this forum.

Here are few of my observations regarding delivery and the car:

The Good:
  • White seats make a HUGE difference in this heat
  • The interior was good overall with no smudges, missing stitches, or other bad stuff
  • Driving experience is great
  • The technology is pretty amazing
  • Charging is quick and dirt cheap compared to gas
  • Works great for someone living in an apartment
The Bad:
  • Minimal interaction with SA. Wish they guided us more through the process
  • Frunk hood has panel gaps
  • Back passenger door (driver's side) has panel gaps
  • Back bummer has panel gaps
  • 1 bolt missing under the front bumper
  • Road and wind noise when driving on highways
  • Build quality inferior to German cars (previous owner of BMW 3)
It was surprising to me that the SA said that it had passed Tesla Inspection and there was nothing they could do. I had to request service to get these fixed (for free of course). It is shocking to see that we've to go through all the checklist even after paying $60k+
Honestly, do you do a checklist on EVERY car you buy? You found a bolt missing UNDER the front bumper? Who checks under their bumper? I've owned countless vehicles and I've never checked under a bumper for missing bolts.
I've read all the horror stories about Tesla's build quality. When I picked mine up, I did a walk around just to see if anything obvious was screaming at me. I didn't see anything. I think build issues are overblown, since those with defects will always be more vocal than those who don't have any issues.