Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello LR Folks,

After a loong internal debate, I decided to switch to LR on Tuesday and got a VIN assigned today. Here's my updated timeline:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+ Switched to LR, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Ordered: 9/30/2021

EDD as of 5/27: July 14 - August 18
June 14 at 11:52AM - Upgraded to LR
EDD as of 6/15: June 17 - June 29
June 18 - VIN Assigned
EDD as of 6/18: June 20 - 24
Pending Delivery Scheduling

Been a long journey!

Edit: VIN 294xxx

Just an update on my end. I picked up on 6/23. The car looked perfect. It didn't come with Matrix headlights. It had Michelin tires and AMD Ryzen (as expected). The car had about 5 miles on it and was charged to 80%.

There was no panel gaps or misalignments anywhere. I thought I found a scratch on the roof but it turned out to be some adhesive that rubbed right off. After thinking about it, I probably should've upgraded to LR a long time ago lol but its all good.

Very happy with the car. This thing has so much power! Will get it tinted soon!

Attachments

• IMG_4395.jpeg
    IMG_4395.jpeg
    609.5 KB · Views: 89
Honestly, do you do a checklist on EVERY car you buy? You found a bolt missing UNDER the front bumper? Who checks under their bumper? I've owned countless vehicles and I've never checked under a bumper for missing bolts.
I've read all the horror stories about Tesla's build quality. When I picked mine up, I did a walk around just to see if anything obvious was screaming at me. I didn't see anything. I think build issues are overblown, since those with defects will always be more vocal than those who don't have any issues.
Tesla sowed their reputation early on with very poor build quality and quality control which has led to people feeling like they have to go over everything with a fine toothed comb and nitpick every detail.

I’m sure you can find small problems with other vehicle makes if you go hunting for them but people generally trust that other brands vehicles were put together properly so they don’t feel the need to scrutinize every detail.

Honestly, do you do a checklist on EVERY car you buy? You found a bolt missing UNDER the front bumper? Who checks under their bumper? I've owned countless vehicles and I've never checked under a bumper for missing bolts.
I've read all the horror stories about Tesla's build quality. When I picked mine up, I did a walk around just to see if anything obvious was screaming at me. I didn't see anything. I think build issues are overblown, since those with defects will always be more vocal than those who don't have any issues.
Yeah I'm gonna agree. There are stories of people bringing rulers and calipers to compare gaps. Imo if I can't see anythingby a quick walk-around it's nbd

They're giving a lot of conflicting info on it. The "offical" policy was 4/27 and before you get the charger. However it seems they are just sticking them in any car they make regardless of order date until some time in August. Likely they will just stop at some point. Some people have said their SAs said at that point if you made the cutoff you will get a credit. Idk but honestly I have little faith in tesla for this right now
This ^ They are just tossing them in all of them and will cut it off eventually... easiest for them, not so much for those with severely constrained models.

Reactions: ZZ118
This ^ They are just tossing them in all of them and will cut it off eventually... easiest for them, not so much for those with severely constrained models.
It's actually really frustrating. I made the cutoff and I really could use the connector but my edd is hanging around August. While people buying the P in June are getting it. And if they give a voucher for one how long until it's sold out and I have to wait even more months for the charger

Graduated Today!
Ordered March 12th, took 105 days to be delivered. Picked up in Springfield, NJ. The only issue I had was one of Aero Wheel Covers were scrapped but they replaced it with no issues. Other than that car is perfect, Matrix headlights with Michelin Tires! Good luck to those who are still waiting, it is well worth the wait ☺️View attachment 821018
Congrats - car looks great! I will be getting mine at Springfield as well. How was the experience there?

Good morning everyone. Yesterday, I offically graduatd from this thread!!!:)

This first couple of paragraphs are for the detailed planners like myself. I picked up my car at the Irvine SC in SoCal late Friday afternoon. I should have followed my first instinct and taken the entire day off of work. I thought working half a shift would make the day go by faster! 😂 Ended up getting delayed at work and left only one hour before my delivery time. I tried to reach the SC to let them know I was running late, but was not able to reach anyone. At 1:49 p.m., I get a text Your Model 3 is almost ready for pick-up. I arrived for my 2:00 p.m. appointment at 2:22 p.m. Annoying, because I hate being late.😀 There were probably 30 new Teslas in parking stalls to the front and employees moving more Teslas in and out of the rear warehouse. There were seven people waiting to check-in and approximately a dozen more inside the small waiting room when I arrived.

I apologized for running late and was told not to worry because they were running a little behind with deliveries. The first thing they ask for is your ID and a current photogrpah of your odometer; if you are trading a vehicle. So, I had to run back to my car and take a photo of the odometer. After verifying my odometer, I handed over the pink slip, key fobs and signed the trade-in paperwork. I was given release of liability instructions to complete with DMV. I handed over my checks (credit union and my down payment cashier's check). The SA requested I go into my app and accept delivery. I told him I wanted to look at the car first. After checking the computer to tell me which parking space to look for my vehicle, he discovers my vehicle is still inside and has not been prepped. The SA advised he would let me know when the car was up front so that I could check it out. DO NOT accept your vehicle prior to them telling you where to locate your vehicle. Once you accept the vehicle in the app it locks out Tesla employees from accessing your vehicle. Apparently, it also makes it diffiicult for them to locate the vehicle if it is still in the back with all the other Teslas. Tesla employees were having a difficult time finding a couple of peoples vehicles and/or could not access them in the back because they had already accepted their vehicles in the app. I am assuming my SA was new and overwhelmed with the amount of vehicles and people taking delivery. There were at least a hundred or more Teslas in the back SC area. Don't expect any kind of personal assistance once you locate your vehicle. The few SAs that were there were busy with check-ins.

There were no major issues with my car. Matrix lights, Michelin tires, and charging adapter. It was charged to 67 percent. Halfway home my car had completed calibration. It was 95 degrees and the AC kept the car nice and cool. When I got home, I noticed the material on the steering wheel was coming apart. I took photos and submitted a service request and made an appointment for them to come to the house to repair that. I ordered Homelink too. The car is a joy to drive and worth wating for. :)
Super helpful...looks good. Is the flash drive for Sentry mode included as well?

Anybody else notice that the mileage that the car tells you that you have to drive is not so accurate? For example I was driving and the car told me I have 235 miles, drove about 6 miles and I have 213 miles left. Was just wondering was this a normal thing

Well, when one pays 60 grand, one demands quality in return. These cars are not cheap. If they sold the same car for 1/2 the price, I am less likely to go through a checklist. Build quality is not the hallmark of Tesla, it is more like a Kia. Until we continue to voice our concerns and frustrations, Musk is not going to change. These concerns make prospective buyers aware and demand changes.Associating horror stories with Tesla brand will make them change. Accepting as-is just because one is impatient to get one or brush these defects aside will only get us poor quality cars.

I'm sorry but missing bolt is just one of the issue that you cherry picked. Panel gaps are well know in Tesla and continue to plague all models to this day. Do you see panel gaps in German or Japanese cars? If Teslas market themselves as premium, they should build premium cars. Other than technology there is nothing premium in Teslas.

Anybody else notice that the mileage that the car tells you that you have to drive is not so accurate? For example I was driving and the car told me I have 235 miles, drove about 6 miles and I have 213 miles left. Was just wondering was this a normal thing
Yes that number is not accurate and represents the absolute best case scenario range based off the EPA estimate which 99% of the time you can’t achieve in the real world.

People recommend just changing it to battery % so you’re not constantly over analyzing the mileage. A more accurate range number would be in the Energy screen where it gives you the graph of your efficiency. That number actually takes into account current driving conditions.