Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I am really excited to get my TM3LR which I ordered 31/05/22, I live in Norway so I wonder how long time it takes for the car to get shipped from the factory to Norway, and also when the EOQ push out stops?
Welcome to the forums. I believe your car will be made at the Shanghai, China factory. Tesla ships out its exported cars from there. Pretty much all vehicles being discussed here are coming from the Fremont, California factory, so there won't be much if any information about the order flow from Shanghai. A quick Google search lands a post at TMC that discusses shipping from China and quotes 4 weeks to reach Europe (Zeebrugge, Belgium). From there, it's a 16 hour drive to Oslo (for example).

As for the end-of-quarter push, those normally wind down right at the end of Tesla's fiscal quarter, so the current quarter will end on the last day of June (just four more days). The company tries to ensure that each fiscal quarter brings in as much revenue as possible, so they go into crunch mode late in each quarter to deliver as many cars as possible. In the US, that means sending lots of cars to cities in California because they can deliver them very quickly. As I said, I'm not sure what the pattern is for China, especially given such long lead times with shipping. They may just push for lots of China deliveries at the end of each quarter. Possibly only in the Shanghai area.

You might find more information in the TMC forum devoted to Norway.

Norway

So excited, my EDD changed for the first time! I know it doesn’t really mean anything, I’m just excited to be in the game! 🤣😂
new EDD Aug 20- Sept 24
I will also say this is more along the time frame I was thinking I would get. Much closer to the 100 day window I thought it would be.
Same. Ahh the little things like that EDD change that makes our day!!😃 I kept refreshing the app because mine hadn't changed over six weeks since ordering, then I got a bit worried when I saw the movement everyone else had. But the other day, there it was. Just a bit closer!!🤣

Reactions: HeatherW22
Welcome to the forums. I believe your car will be made at the Shanghai, China factory. Tesla ships out its exported cars from there. Pretty much all vehicles being discussed here are coming from the Fremont, California factory, so there won't be much if any information about the order flow from Shanghai. A quick Google search lands a post at TMC that discusses shipping from China and quotes 4 weeks to reach Europe (Zeebrugge, Belgium). From there, it's a 16 hour drive to Oslo (for example).

As for the end-of-quarter push, those normally wind down right at the end of Tesla's fiscal quarter, so the current quarter will end on the last day of June (just four more days). The company tries to ensure that each fiscal quarter brings in as much revenue as possible, so they go into crunch mode late in each quarter to deliver as many cars as possible. In the US, that means sending lots of cars to cities in California because they can deliver them very quickly. As I said, I'm not sure what the pattern is for China, especially given such long lead times with shipping. They may just push for lots of China deliveries at the end of each quarter. Possibly only in the Shanghai area.

You might find more information in the TMC forum devoted to Norway.

Norway
I was asking about the delivery times here because the Norway thread looks a bit dead with no delivery info like here. So that is the reason I wanted to find out here if someone knew. But thank u for your answer mate.

I got a trade in text the day after I placed my order so I never really put much thought into all the Trade In talk but this time they called. And that was even after I confirmed a week and a half ago with my SA that the trade in I originally requested for was declined and removed from order. I almost declined the number till I realized it said Fremont, CA.
I ended up reaccomplishing my trade in quote 3x due to delays and mileage shifts over that time span. Third one I decided to wait until I had a VIN and then got it locked in.

Reactions: Guy Maughan
Something to keep in mind is that including a software feature like that on your purchase increases the official price of your vehicle. So it ceases to be a $60,000 car and becomes a $66,000 car. If your state charges fees, taxes, licensing or other such things based on the purchase price of the car, it's much better to wait until after buying the car to obtain the option. Also, if you get the option afterwards, you can put it on your credit card and get your card's awards on a sizeable sum of money.

I foolishly included FSD on my purchase and now I'll be paying Virginia state taxes each year on not only an expensive car but on an expensive software option as well. I also missed out on some nice rebates available on my credit card.
True, but in the event your car gets totaled how does your insurance value your car? My understanding is that the price of software add-ons after purchase is typically not reimbursed.

True, but in the event your car gets totaled how does your insurance value your car? My understanding is that the price of software add-ons after purchase is typically not reimbursed.
That's a fair point. Given an insurance policy that works that way, it becomes a choice for each driver. I haven't made an insurance claim in over 30 years, but I've paid property taxes on my car every year over that same period.

My pickup went really smoothly yesterday. No major issues at all with the vehicle. Car had Matrix lighting and Michelin tires. 😁

Only some minor issues like some dirt on the headliner (already removed), and weird paper towel pieces in the rear carpet (possibly someone dropped water and tried cleaning it up). The other odd issue was the airbag light came on once after I supercharged the car and went to stop somewhere to eat. This cleared the next time I started the car.

I also had some odd bluetooth issues where the volume would suddenly mute or drop and when I tried to increase the volume, the slider would go back to the lower or muted volume. It was really annoying. I finally figured out if I went to my music app and changed the volume up and down, the issue would go away. Not sure if others have experienced this yet with their iPhone or even Android phones.

Car was fun to drive back to Buffalo with TACC and autopilot. I only hit the brakes twice the entire 7 hours. Car is really fun to drive as well. Passing cars on single lane roads is by far the most fun since the acceleration is instant.

I'll post a pic once I wash the car. The front end is covered in bugs after the long drive.

Mine won’t do landscape. When I turn it it stays portrait (even when I remove my the lock on my phone for autorotation). Could this be because I’m on a 12 mini?
Not sure but one other thing to check is if you have Display Zoom on which could overwrite the screen rotation feature. In settings, go to the Display & Brightness option. Then check if Display Zoom is set to Standard or Zoomed.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Hi Everyone,
Took delivery yesterday in the SF Bay Area. Just 47 days after order. In no way rubbing the short wait in your faces, feel blessed and also feel bad for those of you at 100 days and counting. As expensive as it is to live hear, nice to get a break on this scenario.
Matrix lights, continental tires, Mobil charging (big win here as I ordered after cut off). I confirmed at least here, they are just dropping them in the cars. Who knows when that stops.
I was able to inspect the car as long as I wanted to in and out before accepting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Even had a Tesla engineer there who gave us a thorough tutorial. The team could not have been more friendly and helpful.
The car was not properly detailed, and had water spots. Normally I would take care of smudges or normal problems but water spots can be nasty so they took it back in and polished. The staff apologized as they were short staffed and had “inexperienced detailers”. They took it back in and when it came out they pointed out to me a bad scratch near the hood. Good on them. I also saw pretty noticeable panel gap on rear trunk. They said I should make appointment at their body shop to fix both. I wouldn’t have looked at gaps if not for this thread, so probably wouldn’t have noticed. But it is there! And they said they can fix.
I never considered rejecting, even if they can’t fix the gap, it’s not that big of a deal for me.
They did confirm to me that they had delivered 60 cars the previous day and that Bay Area will get more deliveries at end of quarter. Simple economics, more cars delivered, no transportation expense.
Love the car. I just traded in an Audi S4 and still have a 2007 Porsche 911 (997) and the model 3 is much faster. Handling is good, cornering is good, better than expected, though as expected Audi and Porsche better. You all know the technology is Un believable on the M3. Still learning everything and digging it. Car feels like the ultimate adult toy. Overall I’m thrilled. Great car. Perfect daily driver. And I can’t wait to go on road trips and not have to pay 100.00 (yup, Cali prices are at 7.00 a gallon) to fill up the tank.
Happy to answer any questions and thanks again to all contributors on this forum.
M3LR Blue, 19 inch wheels, Continental tires, Matrix lights, no FSD.

Hi Everyone,
Took delivery yesterday in the SF Bay Area. Just 47 days after order. In no way rubbing the short wait in your faces, feel blessed and also feel bad for those of you at 100 days and counting. As expensive as it is to live hear, nice to get a break on this scenario.
Matrix lights, continental tires, Mobil charging (big win here as I ordered after cut off). I confirmed at least here, they are just dropping them in the cars. Who knows when that stops.
I was able to inspect the car as long as I wanted to in and out before accepting. Staff was friendly and helpful. Even had a Tesla engineer there who gave us a thorough tutorial. The team could not have been more friendly and helpful.
The car was not properly detailed, and had water spots. Normally I would take care of smudges or normal problems but water spots can be nasty so they took it back in and polished. The staff apologized as they were short staffed and had “inexperienced detailers”. They took it back in and when it came out they pointed out to me a bad scratch near the hood. Good on them. I also saw pretty noticeable panel gap on rear trunk. They said I should make appointment at their body shop to fix both. I wouldn’t have looked at gaps if not for this thread, so probably wouldn’t have noticed. But it is there! And they said they can fix.
I never considered rejecting, even if they can’t fix the gap, it’s not that big of a deal for me.
They did confirm to me that they had delivered 60 cars the previous day and that Bay Area will get more deliveries at end of quarter. Simple economics, more cars delivered, no transportation expense.
Love the car. I just traded in an Audi S4 and still have a 2007 Porsche 911 (997) and the model 3 is much faster. Handling is good, cornering is good, better than expected, though as expected Audi and Porsche better. You all know the technology is Un believable on the M3. Still learning everything and digging it. Car feels like the ultimate adult toy. Overall I’m thrilled. Great car. Perfect daily driver. And I can’t wait to go on road trips and not have to pay 100.00 (yup, Cali prices are at 7.00 a gallon) to fill up the tank.
Happy to answer any questions and thanks again to all contributors on this forum.
M3LR Blue, 19 inch wheels, Continental tires, Matrix lights, no FSD.
Congrats! Sounds like we ordered the same car at around the same time. Although I'm on the other side of the country, so we'll see when I get mine (current EDD 7/6-7/19). Would love to see a pic of the new car.

Last edited:
While waiting for my VIN, I went ahead and ordered a CCS1 adapter on Harumio. If anybody wants a $3 discount: Hiline's $3 discount ... It's like half a gallon of gas.
Reminder to get a CCS1 adapter if you plan to use non-Tesla fast charging stations such as Electrify America. Essential on road trips when superchargers get too crowded.

I live in LA, and to me it's a game changer. I even get free fast charging from a station nearby. This adapter is paying for itself very quickly. If you want it asap, there are some sellers offering them on ebay at a higher price; otherwise, you can order from Harum.io (if you do, I'll appreciate you using my link above so both you and me get a discount :) )

Last edited:
I have a 10 and a 14 year old and still went with white interior, its super nice and much better with heat and night driving (in my opinion). I got some leather cleaner/protectant that I am going to apply tomorrow and it should be good for 6 months to a year or so. I would say if you are even hinting at wanting to go with white, do it. You will always have the thought in the back of your mind "what if". :) Its worth the extra money and so far after almost a week of ownership they have been fine and we already have almost 600 miles on it.
Can you share which leather protectant you're using?

Also, how does white interior help with night driving?

Reminder to get a CCS1 adapter if you plan to use non-Tesla fast charging stations such as Electrify America. Essential on road trips when superchargers get too crowded.

I live in LA, and to me it's a game changer. I even get free fast charging from a station nearby. This adapter is paying for itself very quickly.
Ordered mine a week ago and just got a shipping notice today. Probably receive it in about one week. Definitely a must have adapter for backup!

• Love
Reactions: Hiline