Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI everyone. Might be a good idea to lock in a rate this month if you are expecting delivery next month and or September

I'll probably do it in a week or so just seeing if maybe I can get a tighter EDD

"The Federal Reserve released the minutes from its June meeting this week, showing that another 75-basis point rate hike could be on the table at its next Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting later this month.

The Federal Reserve minutes show what the FOMC members spoke about during their June meeting, revealing that they are prepared for another large rate hike at the July meeting."

Welcome. We have a similar car just wondering if you remember when you got the 2 week EDD 6 as I've been sitting at one very similar to your EDD 5 for a few weeks now
A TN order and a NY order will have no real EDD correlation even if they have a similar configuration or similar order date. They will be on totally different rail lines. Northern states tend to receive many more deliveries than southern states. NY City probably has more EV’s registered than TN, MS, AR, and Alabama combined.

A TN order and a NY order will have no real EDD correlation even if they have a similar configuration or similar order date. They will be on totally different rail lines. Northern states tend to receive many more deliveries than southern states. NY City probably has more EV’s registered than TN, MS, AR, and Alabama combined.
Yeah I know I was jw cause he had the same EDD as mine and then he jumped forward. Mine has been stuck for almost 3 weeks now since I upgraded to EAP.

• Informative
Reactions: Nfletcher
Stopped by my local Tesla service center/showroom today and one of the SAs shared some interesting info:

1. Matrix headlights are only guaranteed on the M3P. While the M3LR and M3RWD were randomly being delivered with/out matrix headlights during the last quarter push, the SA said that now Tesla is retuning to the non-matrix lights for thr LR and RWD. (FWIW, the M3RWD they had in the showroom did have matrix lights.)

2. Those who have a Sept-Oct 2022 delivery date will “very likely” get their cars in September because that timeframe will be the next end of quarter push.

3. Changing colors at this point in the order timeline (Sept-Oct delivery) will put you in the back of the queue. SA recommended against changing colors.

4. Only way to get your delivery sooner is if you upgrade to the M3P.

5. Ryzen chip is guaranteed on all M3s.

Take all that for what it’s worth - it’s the words of one SA and I didn’t ask him what he’s basing this info on. While the “no guarantee” of matrix headlights is a bummer, hearing that we’ll get an influx of deliveries this September is good news.

Last edited:
Stopped by my local Tesla service center/showroom today and one of the SAs shared some interesting info:

1. Matrix headlights are only guaranteed on the M3P. While the M3LR and M3RWD were randomly being delivered with/out matrix headlights during the last quarter push, the SA said that now Tesla is retuning to the non-matrix lights for thr LR and RWD. (FWIW, the M3RWD they had in the showroom did have matrix lights.)

2. Those who have a Sept-Oct 2022 delivery date will “very likely” get their cars in September because that timeframe will be the next end of quarter push.

3. Changing colors at this point in the order timeline (Sept-Oct delivery) will put you in the back of the queue. SA recommended against changing colors.

Take all that for what it’s worth - it’s the words of one SA and I didn’t ask him what he’s basing this info on. While the “no guarantee” of matrix headlights is a bummer, hearing that we’ll get an influx of deliveries this September is good news.
Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: phaheem

Most of this sounds bogus, and we all know SA’s have a history of being very wrong sometimes.
We already know of a M3LR built in July with matrix lights and I can’t imagine upgrading paint will cause a delay.

Most of this sounds bogus, and we all know SA’s have a history of being very wrong sometimes.
We already know of a M3LR built in July with matrix lights and I can’t imagine upgrading paint will cause a delay.
I agree this SA seems very misinformed.

1) There never were matrix lights on the RWD. Personally idc either way and some people are posting the premium lights are better/brighter so remember newer isn't always better. However we are seeing reports of LR with the matrix lights
2) This is a common pattern. However they are plenty of people who miss the cutoff for the end of month push and get bumped to the next quarter. Again people here from March q1 still waiting.

3) This is not how the Tesla system has been shown to work as it is based on original order date. At this point for a Sept delivery your car is just a number somewhere. We have seen people update their car before with little to no delay. If your edd is August I'd be careful

4) This is probably true unless you get lucky with a "rarer" config

5) This has not been an issue for months

I'm not putting anyone down but we've seen before that this group is usually ahead of the SAs in certain areas of knowledge probably because we are so obsessive and do so much extra research lol

Thanks @Nikon22042

When you get 5 or so posts you can edit your signature and put in your results.....this helps us all on the Order Date (OD) to see where we all fall!

I was curious though....what does "/ Blue / " mean?
Ah sorry, I space cadeted that... Blue is the color of the car with black interior. I will learn the nomenclature soon, I swear.

Yeah, they seem to be misinformed or honestly don’t care.

Just wanted to be clear here too, I wasn’t trying to say you were bogus, just that what the SA said was.
Yes same thing from me not trying to shoot the messenger

Also we here literally watch and analyze drone footage of the factory and have spies reporting truck sightings sooooo

New EDD lmao this car is never coming

It's actually Sept 10th it's just cutoff and yes it's a push back but a shorter overall EDD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220712-081624_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220712-081624_Tesla.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: NicksterLRM3
Hey that's almost my EDD lol, mine is 8/13-9/17 and has not moved in 2 months. 92 days and counting
Likely that's because it's a very accurate EDD from what I've seen. Sounds like the factory is starting up again. Let's assume our cars are made in the next 2 weeks then 2 weeks to ship plus a few days to get ready at the delivery center that puts us right at the start of our EDDs

Reactions: Mythbredor