Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my vin text!!!! 321xxx
EDD updated to 17-20 Aug.

How did you guys set up payment?
If you still have "cash" selected, but actually wish to pay another way, contact your SA and ask them to switch it for you.
Or they might just reset the step and have you re-select what you want, instead of doing it for you.

Last edited:
I have a quick question for everyone who recently got a VIN. How long after you received your VIN that you were able to pick a delivery date? I received my VIN this Wednesday, and my DD is 07/31 - 08/06. So technically my DD starts tomorrow, but I haven’t received any communication to schedule a delivery appointment. I already uploaded the insurance, and when I switched from cash to finance, the person told me that I could bring a check on the day of delivery. Thank you all for the input!

Reactions: HeatherW22
I have a quick question for everyone who recently got a VIN. How long after you received your VIN that you were able to pick a delivery date? I received my VIN this Wednesday, and my DD is 07/31 - 08/06. So technically my DD starts tomorrow, but I haven’t received any communication to schedule a delivery appointment. I already uploaded the insurance, and when I switched from cash to finance, the person told me that I could bring a check on the day of delivery. Thank you all for the input!
Same day for me.

It took me almost a week

Reactions: AZhaoBot
Does the ‘22 Model 3 come with self dimming side mirrors?

Mirror Auto Dim​

When certain environmental conditions are met, the rear view mirror and exterior side mirrors dim automatically (for example, in low light conditions or to reduce glare when driving at night). To enable or disable this feature, touch Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Dim.

Availability of this feature depends on market region and date of manufacture.

Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

I have the option for auto dimming in the car interface The dimming side mirrors were reported as looking like this in daylight (notice the dark border on the mirror), and that's what mine look like. I rarely have need to drive at night anymore, so I haven't seen what they actually do.

Tesla-auto-dimming-side-mirror-e1602190877372-907x1024.jpg

Lastly, here's an article from 2020 talking about them being removed and then returned (source of the image).

Tesla reintroduces auto-dimming side mirrors to the Model 3 [Update]

Took a couple of days for us....SA texted we couldn’t take delivery on the three dates proposed but they were ok with us slipping it a day.

MIne was same day as well.

Reactions: guerro and AZhaoBot
Dark mode is an option for the forum. I pretty much do all my web surfing in dark mode to save my eyes. But I am old haha

Yeah, my OD is 5/21 and I have a 9/10 - 10/15 EDD so I am hoping I will get updated soon.
it been 126 days since my OD. Still have not gotten a VIN hopefully I get something today or throughout the week . Any time Before the 5th would be greatly appreciated as that is my last day for my rate lock. Hope everyone have a good rest of the weekend.
View attachment 835024
Love the meme! 😂 Hell of a long wait and lots of EDD changes, but hold on. You'll get that VIN this week! 🤞🤞🤞

it been 126 days since my OD. Still have not gotten a VIN hopefully I get something today or throughout the week . Any time Before the 5th would be greatly appreciated as that is my last day for my rate lock. Hope everyone have a good rest of the weekend.
View attachment 835024
Good luck to ya, I mean it, and enjoy! ( I have a 2021 M3 AWD LR ) just a question: If I ordered a new on today it would be about 4 months to get it?) Curious