Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Group!

So I was calling all the Tesla delivery centers near my area and was asking is there’s any refusal vehicle available that I can maybe purchase instead of going through months of waiting. One location had one that is different color to what my original order. I asked the Tesla adviser how did it become a refused car. He simply explained that the car had a headlight damage from a transport process. It got fixed from a certified auto shop service for $2,700 all paid by Tesla. Car has 50 miles on it and listed as brand new. When I asked how much of a price adjustment they were willing to give me they listed it for $1,800 and it is ready right away.

I am asking if this is a steal? Okay deal? Not so so?

Thank you Group!
$2700 doesn't sound that high to me, considering the cost of a new headlight and associated damage. The car's fender/front bumper/and or hood has almost definitely been resprayed and likely had some body work done as well. I'm sure that's why the original buyer refused it. Definitely not 'NEW' if it has 50 miles on it and already been damaged. I would want to see the repair paperwork to see proof of what was actually done at a minimum. If they can't produce that, huge red flag obviously. Then it needs a thorough inspection, everything, the works. I'd even want to see it on a lift for peace of mind. Personally I would run from a situation like this. Even if the $1800 discount is legit, which is highly suspicious on a vehicle ready for immediate delivery and never been titled, too many unknowns and taking a huge risk that nothing else is wrong with it on such an expensive purchase. Damage is not always easily visible and the dealership is likely going to minimize everything for sure.

$2700 doesn't sound that high to me, considering the cost of a new headlight and associated damage. The car's fender/front bumper/and or hood has almost definitely been resprayed and likely had some body work done as well. I'm sure that's why the original buyer refused it. Definitely not 'NEW' if it has 50 miles on it and already been damaged. I would want to see the repair paperwork to see proof of what was actually done at a minimum. If they can't produce that, huge red flag obviously. Then it needs a thorough inspection, everything, the works. I'd even want to see it on a lift for peace of mind. Personally I would run from a situation like this. Even if the $1800 discount is legit, which is highly suspicious on a vehicle ready for immediate delivery and never been titled, too many unknowns and taking a huge risk that nothing else is wrong with it on such an expensive purchase. Damage is not always easily visible and the dealership is likely going to minimize everything for sure.
Yeah that's what I was getting at before. If you go to a shop for a headlight it might be 2 grand cause the dealer has to eat but if Tesla is doing it themselves they're just gonna put it and save as much money as possible. Taking a 4500 hit (2700+1800) on a "new" car is what triggers flags for me. Likely more damage then just a replacement headlight

Reactions: Golf8621204
Day 131 update ran into my EDD yesterday and this morning I got pushed back to aug8- Aug 18. So I will now have to hit my 3rd EDD. Tesla loves showing the west coast love🤦. I hope I get a win over the weekend or will I get another push back we’ll have to wait and see.
1659710823241.gif

• Disagree
Reactions: Nfletcher and cpu5h
New here, but have been a lurker for about the last month since I ordered. OD of 7/2/22. M3LR/ Deep Blue Metallic/ No FSD/ Aero/ EDD when ordering was 9/1-10/31, EDD next day changed to 10/1-12/31. Stayed there pretty consistently until some movement this week when it was moved to 9/13-10/18. Anyway, I'm pretty excited now that the window is getting smaller. What are some good things to prepare for/order ahead of that time? Since it is getting closer, I'm thinking it's time to install the charger. Do you recommend NEMA 14-50 or the wall charger? Any good accessories you would recommend purchasing before delivery? Thanks! Looking forward to posting more on here!

New here, but have been a lurker for about the last month since I ordered. OD of 7/2/22. M3LR/ Deep Blue Metallic/ No FSD/ Aero/ EDD when ordering was 9/1-10/31, EDD next day changed to 10/1-12/31. Stayed there pretty consistently until some movement this week when it was moved to 9/13-10/18. Anyway, I'm pretty excited now that the window is getting smaller. What are some good things to prepare for/order ahead of that time? Since it is getting closer, I'm thinking it's time to install the charger. Do you recommend NEMA 14-50 or the wall charger? Any good accessories you would recommend purchasing before delivery? Thanks! Looking forward to posting more on here!
there are a ton of accessories to take a look at! there is also an accessories forum here. Also take a look on youtube for videos as there are a ton of videos suggestion accessories. Some of things I've bought:
All Weather Mats, Glass Screen Protector, Center Console Cup Holder Liner, Center Console hidden organizer, Center console accessory trays. There are a ton of things that arent necessities but i felt like these were important!

Take a look around though, more than enough things to look at while you wait.

Also where are you located if you dont mind me asking? I have very similar configurations, and ordered one day before you. My EDD is coming up on Sunday, and im wondering if ill be pushed out closer to your date.

there are a ton of accessories to take a look at! there is also an accessories forum here. Also take a look on youtube for videos as there are a ton of videos suggestion accessories. Some of things I've bought:
All Weather Mats, Glass Screen Protector, Center Console Cup Holder Liner, Center Console hidden organizer, Center console accessory trays. There are a ton of things that arent necessities but i felt like these were important!

Take a look around though, more than enough things to look at while you wait.

Also where are you located if you dont mind me asking? I have very similar configurations, and ordered one day before you. My EDD is coming up on Sunday, and im wondering if ill be pushed out closer to your date.
Wow! Thank you for the information. I will take a look at what you recommended. For some reason I completely forgot about the center console organizer haha. Definitely need that! I'm in St. Louis, MO. The only difference in our configuration I can see is that I got the full black interior, which I failed to list in my post.

Reactions: codenameku
I would recommend the wall charger just makes more sense. I ended up installing Emporia wall charger you can get on Amazon because my wife is looking at getting an ioniq 5. Also accessories just look on YouTube and see what peak your interest

I would recommend the wall charger just makes more sense. I ended up installing Emporia wall charger you can get on Amazon because my wife is looking at getting an ioniq 5. Also accessories just look on YouTube and see what peak your interest
Thanks for the information! I'll have to look up the Emporia wall charger. Isn't there a federal tax credit for wall charger installation as well? I thought I heard that somewhere...lol. There are a lot of accessories, so I guess I'm just trying to figure out what I basically need to have Day 1 of ownership.

Thanks for the information! I'll have to look up the Emporia wall charger. Isn't there a federal tax credit for wall charger installation as well? I thought I heard that somewhere...lol. There are a lot of accessories, so I guess I'm just trying to figure out what I basically need to have Day 1 of ownership.
Did some quick research for you about EV incentives in MO.

Reactions: IWRBR
Holy cow! I am so excited! I just posted about my trade in offer and then hit “reject offer” and told them why. Next thing comes up asking about insurance (which I have never been given the option to select this). I see A new EDD window! Now I’m getting super excited!!

And BOOM! Just like that I see I now have a VIN too! I can barely contain my excitement!
new EDD Aug 8-12
VIN 320xxx
Oh boy. Hopefully this is good news for my order 5/21.

You go to a different thread to complain about how your range is not 358miles. :-D
You are spot on with that one my friend, I must have way too much going on for that kind of mileage...like driving @ 84mph , 105 degree temps here so A/C all the time, Sentry Mode active about 12 hours a day, etc... presently getting around 220 miles per charge range! NICE!!