Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks! I am taking the delivery of my M3LR on 08/13. MVPA on the website shows an odometer rating of 15 miles. Is it normal for a new car to have 15 miles on the odometer already? Maybe I am overthinking this but posts like this make me worry: Tesla Sold Me A Wrecked M3 As New
My title said 15 miles, and my paperwork did too, so I was surprised to see 4 miles on the odometer when I took delivery. The SA said that's what they put on all paperwork.

A little off topic but anyone who has EDD closer to end of year thinking of delaying it to 2023 to take advantage (if it ends up being applicable) for the new rebates - granted it passes today.

I placed another order for a Model 3 LR and looks like my delivery date range is Jan-April right now. It'd be nice if by then Tesla makes adjustments in pricing to ensure LR at least qualifies for the rebates.
I thought price was locked in once you put order in? If we get the rebate if we receive our car in 2023 I’d be ok with that though lol

Reactions: HeatherW22
Likely. Looks like maybe west coast is getting cars first. There is a poster above that ordered a week after me, same config, but getting car sooner. He is based in CA and I'm in IL.
West coast gets a steady stream of cars throughout the quarter, with a clear blitz at the end of the quarter because Tesla can turn those deliveries around faster. The focus right now is on eastbound orders because the logistics are more complicated and Tesla doesn't want to be left holding a big inventory because a rail shipment didn't make it in time.
I placed another order for a Model 3 LR and looks like my delivery date range is Jan-April right now. It'd be nice if by then Tesla makes adjustments in pricing to ensure LR at least qualifies for the rebates.
Lowering prices when there's a backlog of orders is a tricky business. Tesla would have to lower the price for everyone waiting or those people would just cancel their current order and start a new one. The resulting madhouse at the web site would be a wonder to behold, and people would definitely begrudge losing all the time they waited. That means that if there are 50,000 orders waiting for a base configuration Long Range, Tesla is walking away from $150 million. Then there's the fact that a bunch of people with more expensive configurations would probably cancel and go for the vehicle that's effectively just had its price slashed by $10,000. Instead of paying maybe $5,000 more for colors and wheels, now the difference is $15,000. That's a pretty good incentive to forego some style preferences in these inflationary times. That's more profit out the window for Tesla.

Tesla isn't lacking for demand. I would say that they'd wait until the tax rebate was affecting the order flow so much that the order backlog was starting to thin out. Then they would take the loss of revenue by dropping the price on current orders so that they could get the backlog back up again. As nobody else is capable of producing BEVs in volume right now, I would think that Tesla could wait a year or two. If they do anything in time for the January effective date, then they are truly princes among capitalists.

Oh, and there's also the problem that Tesla's batteries may not qualify for the credit anyway. A lot of their raw materials don't come from approved sources.

Adelfi credit union sucks! Best rates around but their system totally sucks. Constantly adding steps that I need to take instead of just telling me all at once, causing a delay in finding. My pickup date was supposed to be today but now it’s looking like I need to wait until Tuesday.

West coast gets a steady stream of cars throughout the quarter, with a clear blitz at the end of the quarter because Tesla can turn those deliveries around faster. The focus right now is on eastbound orders because the logistics are more complicated and Tesla doesn't want to be left holding a big inventory because a rail shipment didn't make it in time.

Lowering prices when there's a backlog of orders is a tricky business. Tesla would have to lower the price for everyone waiting or those people would just cancel their current order and start a new one. The resulting madhouse at the web site would be a wonder to behold, and people would definitely begrudge losing all the time they waited. That means that if there are 50,000 orders waiting for a base configuration Long Range, Tesla is walking away from $150 million. Then there's the fact that a bunch of people with more expensive configurations would probably cancel and go for the vehicle that's effectively just had its price slashed by $10,000. Instead of paying maybe $5,000 more for colors and wheels, now the difference is $15,000. That's a pretty good incentive to forego some style preferences in these inflationary times. That's more profit out the window for Tesla.

Tesla isn't lacking for demand. I would say that they'd wait until the tax rebate was affecting the order flow so much that the order backlog was starting to thin out. Then they would take the loss of revenue by dropping the price on current orders so that they could get the backlog back up again. As nobody else is capable of producing BEVs in volume right now, I would think that Tesla could wait a year or two. If they do anything in time for the January effective date, then they are truly princes among capitalists.

Oh, and there's also the problem that Tesla's batteries may not qualify for the credit anyway. A lot of their raw materials don't come from approved sources.

Yes, demand definitely isn't an issue with Tesla, but what I should have clarified (and this is just hopeful thinking) is that Tesla will figure out a way to have the purchase price fit what is needed to qualify, similar to what they did for the California CVRP until the latest price hikes. Not sure how they could since I don't know the details, but I'm sure there is a way if they wanted to. But so much unknown still - which is why I put the order in and just going to wait and see what happens. If it doesn't qualify, I may not buy, and losing $250 isn't end of world for the chance that it may work out.

Reactions: JB47394
Yes, demand definitely isn't an issue with Tesla, but what I should have clarified (and this is just hopeful thinking) is that Tesla will figure out a way to have the purchase price fit what is needed to qualify, similar to what they did for the California CVRP until the latest price hikes. Not sure how they could since I don't know the details, but I'm sure there is a way if they wanted to. But so much unknown still - which is why I put the order in and just going to wait and see what happens. If it doesn't qualify, I may not buy, and losing $250 isn't end of world for the chance that it may work out.
I agree. If this thing becomes law, there will be a lot of people dumping the M3LR or a SR+ or a Model Y.

Can anybody confirm that the USB-C ports in the center console have the ability to play USB music and connect USB joysticks? There is talk in another thread that Tesla removed the data capability from all these ports due to chip shortages. This would be a deal breaker for me. I’m not taking delivery of a vehicle missing functionality that my current Model 3 has.
As far as I know...and a friend got a recent VIN, the center USB ports do not have data capability.
Hey Folks! I am taking the delivery of my M3LR on 08/13. MVPA on the website shows an odometer rating of 15 miles. Is it normal for a new car to have 15 miles on the odometer already? Maybe I am overthinking this but posts like this make me worry: Tesla Sold Me A Wrecked M3 As New
I suppose it depends on what Tesla did between construction and delivery. Our custom order for a “P car” had about 12 miles but looking at the odometer it had 7 miles. Personally, I wouldn’t be concerned.

If you get a “passed” on vehicle just check. I doubt it would be an issue. If it had anything over 50 miles I would be suspect and ask a question.

Since my 2022 has a EDD of jan-apr of 2023 anyway, i'm thinking of cancelling my order and ordering a 2023.
Remember, Tesla doesn't necessarily do model years where if you order in 2023 you get newer components. They release it whenever they want.

If you want to order to get the tax incentives, if you're accepting delivery in 2023 then it makes no sense to cancel. Remember you're $250 order fee is nonrefundable.

Well in less than 24 hours we will be looking to take delivery!

Reorganizing the garages to put the Tesla in and moving the truck out. Sad for the truck but maneuvering four vehicles into the garage would be a pain.

Also, our garage needed a cleanup regardless of anticipating the Tesla arriving tomorrow.

I did run into an issue with the wall charger. We installed it over a month ago but never “commissioned“ it. Talk about a wild flurry of craziness!

I could not, for the life of me, find the quick start guide with the information I needed. Found it in my area of “vehicle info” but it took me looking through the piles of paper in our dining room. YES, I am the person that piles up mail on the dining room table...I need to be better at that.

Long story short I found it!

SUGGESTION...TAKE a photo of it if you are doing a wall charger and KEEP it somewhere you will remember where it is at If you aren’t commissioning upon installing it.

So when trying to “commission“ the charger it took about an hour. The only reason was confusing instructions. I called the Tesla support number for the wall charger and “Victoria“ picked up within 4 minutes and walked me through everything STEP BY STEP.

Now we have the ”Green Light of Justice“!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to folks that have taken delivery or jut got VINs!!!!!!

EDIT: Added pictures and fixed a “spwelling” error......lol! I know it is spelling but my old iPad sucks! Just some humor🎶😂

Attachments

• DB70BECA-0862-4EAD-BCEC-F969C3B3E9FE.jpeg
    DB70BECA-0862-4EAD-BCEC-F969C3B3E9FE.jpeg
    359.1 KB · Views: 59
  • E008EEF7-6202-4327-8B85-7097B9266F11.jpeg
    E008EEF7-6202-4327-8B85-7097B9266F11.jpeg
    406 KB · Views: 50
  • A2DA2002-EF6F-4DCF-900D-404A8A06403C.jpeg
    A2DA2002-EF6F-4DCF-900D-404A8A06403C.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited: