Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This kinda makes sense and is the only way I could really see them lower pricing but if they take too much away there going to severely dilute the 3LR brand and force people either a P or a RWD which would not be a good situation.
Well, lets just say they go this route,
RWD single motor, LR and P are dual motor, theres a price difference there. Whatever features they take from the LR and make it a paid upgrade, they could in theory do to the P as well so that the prices drop equally.

But in all honestly, everything is really speculations at best at the moment. Lets just see what we may miss out on next year ;) haha

Reactions: guerro and ZZ118
Well, lets just say they go this route,
RWD single motor, LR and P are dual motor, theres a price difference there. Whatever features they take from the LR and make it a paid upgrade, they could in theory do to the P as well so that the prices drop equally.

But in all honestly, everything is really speculations at best at the moment. Lets just see what we may miss out on next year ;) haha
Yeah but at a certain point this becomes a very tachy move. Why not just sell a "3" and let people add on customizations as they see fit. Actually thats not a terrible idea 🤔

Edit: I'm not missing anything I'm gonna have a nice new shiny car in a few weeks (...I hope)

Yeah but at a certain point this becomes a very tachy move. Why not just sell a "3" and let people add on customizations as they see fit. Actually thats not a terrible idea 🤔
If they did that, it would be much harder to fulfill a large batch at a time because each car may be unique. With a 3, LR, P, they can all be done in batches since most of it is the same aside color (ext/int), and wheels.

If they were able to pump em out fast with it all being purely customizable, then just a 3 with add ons would be a great idea for sure.

Reactions: JB47394
The reasoning sounds like BS to me. RWD wait time was like April 2023 until recently, and are now showing within 2022 for brand new orders. Suddenly they stop taking orders for the LR after the tax credit gets approved? Something is changing, I just hope those of us who ordered and getting their cars very soon don’t get the short end of stock.
Speculation:

Base LR AWD Model 3 will be priced at $54990 at 308 mile range and an option to unlock 50 mile range for $5K after delivery.

Current orders will be allowed to convert to above pricing and config if not delivered by Dec 31, 2022.

Or

Auto Pilot will be an (after delivery) option for $3K on $55K base LR AWD Model 3.

Speculation!

If they did that, it would be much harder to fulfill a large batch at a time because each car may be unique. With a 3, LR, P, they can all be done in batches since most of it is the same aside color (ext/int), and wheels.

If they were able to pump em out fast with it all being purely customizable, then just a 3 with add ons would be a great idea for sure.
No necessarily since speed/acceleration, heated seats etc could all be software locked. The thing is just software locks leave a bad taste in peoples mouths its like buying a new house but the bathroom is padlocked until you give the realtor another couple grand. Like the car already has it all I am paying you is to flip a switch over wifi. I get why they do it but it still comes across as a money grab and selling an incomplete project.

They're definitely going to cut the price of the LR. That's why they stopped all ordering now and not later because the closer you get to the end of the year with a new order, the more likely it will be cancelled. If you ordered by now, but still take delivery around the end of year, there's still incentive to take it because you have a car ready-to-go. If you wait and re-order, you're easily going to have 6 months to a year wait, possibly longer. The huge rush and number of orders that come in instantly when ordering resumes, especially if it is known at that time that the tax credit can be used, will be insane. I'd say 1 to 2 year wait time easily if only Fremont is making them.

Reactions: JB47394
This kinda makes sense and is the only way I could really see them lower pricing but if they take too much away there going to severely dilute the 3LR brand and force people either a P or a RWD which would not be a good situation.
Timing is everything...I got screwed with the price increase and now possibly screwed with a price decrease and a nice tax credit! :oops:

Ummm I seriously need to rethink this order.

Reactions: TimeHater24
Timing is everything...I got screwed with the price increase and now possibly screwed with a price decrease and a nice tax credit! :oops:

Ummm I seriously need to rethink this order.
You're taking a big gamble there mate. That's assuming the EV credit passes AND tesla lowers the price AND the LR qualifies. Even in that situation you will not have a trsla LR new for at least 12 months from now. If 7500k is that important to take the gamble go for it but right now with LRs sold out I'd say take the car you can easily sell it for $$$$$. The used market for a 22 LR is about to go thru the roof.

You're taking a big gamble there mate. That's assuming the EV credit passes AND tesla lowers the price AND the LR qualifies. Even in that situation you will not have a trsla LR new for at least 12 months from now. If 7500k is that important to take the gamble go for it but right now with LRs sold out I'd say take the car you can easily sell it for $$$$$. The used market for a 22 LR is about to go thru the roof.
hehe, 7500k...

All joking aside, i agree with ZZ. The bill isnt 100% passed yet, and there is still a lot of uncertainty. Even if Tesla lowers the cost of the LR to fit, will all the other bits and bobs fall in line with the bill?

But then again, if more people decide to drop out from getting their cars.... maybe mine will come sooner rather than later ;)

Reactions: ZZ118
I thought for a moment the same thing about the '22 LR low mileage car values going through the roof. But I doubt it now. Why would people pay an enormous premium when they can eventually order a brand new one and get it out-the-door for less than 50 grand, with the tax credit. I think people will now probably wait it out.

Reactions: ZZ118
Waaaaait. You can no longer order LR?🧐
E3F15145-154C-448F-9812-71BE748F6FA6.jpeg

Reactions: HeatherW22
It’s very curious they stopped orders on the M3LR not just the same day, but the same hour the house passed the EV tax credit. That seems like too much of a coincidence for it not to hold some water. I have no idea why they would pause orders in Canada as well.
Competition will be increasing big time for Tesla in the Model 3 segment going forward. Practically every automaker has one or more vehicles coming out in that segment. It's something Tesla has no choice but to do to be as competitive as possible. If the competition is eligible for the tax credit, and say hypothetically the Tesla was not, it's a no-brainer what buyers will buy - whatever they can get with the tax credit. So Tesla cuts their price to make them eligible as well.