Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your OD is 3 days ahead of mine with the same config. I’ve been sitting on your new EDD for 2 weeks now, so I guess welcome to the 2023 club lol. I feel like people with a July OD got that 2 week window by mistake lol. But hey who knows. I’ve seen some crazy things happen here.
I was not expecting the recent 2-week window, but once I got it and it's been taken away, it kind of messed with my head. Working my way back to my original expectation of late '22 - early'23. I'm fortunate to have a really great car today (2019 M3LR), but I am looking forward to the upgrade.

55D2B77C-E686-4182-8AF8-47E517327C0E.jpeg
Well I am waiting here at the service center here in Colorado Springs and there is a full truck of Model Ys that dropped a couple off and then they are headed to Littleton and Aurora.

But....the fancy green and purple truck just pulled with eight Model 3s!!!!

3 whites (one is a model X)
2 reds
1 black
1 MSM (this is actually a Model Y)
1 blue

Happy day for Colorado folks!!! These were all unloaded at the Colorado Springs Service Center.

Last edited:
It's been a rough few days. I got a new trade in offer for my 2019 M3LR with 28k miles that was 18% (-$9) less than the previous offer 30 days ago, then my 2-week window (Aug 24 - Sept 4) became a 4-month window (Jan 23 - Apr 23). Never got a VIN.

Still too new here to add info to my bio so here is more about my journey: OD: 7/9, EDD1: 12/8-2/2, EDD2: 11/15-12/27, EDD3: Jan'23 - Apr'23, EDD4: 8/24-9/4, EDD5: Jan'23 - Apr'23. M3LR, White, Black, Aero, No FSD.
I ordered 7/1 and have only received 3 EDDs, the third one matches your EDD3

Reactions: PK Joule
All Paint Protection and Tinting has been done. We elected to tint all of the glass surfaces and it really makes a HUGE difference. I totally recommend getting your glass overhead tinted as it really does cut down on the heat! My visit to the service center was to have the windshield wipers adjusted as they were hitting the frunk hood. Just barely but still hitting. I had called our service center earlier in the week and, at the time, these were going to be part of another service appt that isnt until August 30. No can do! I need windshield wipers! The service center folks are amazing. They said bring it in when they open and they will have a look at it. Well they sure did! I was out of there in minutes! That has to have been THE fastest service I have ever had! So far so good....cant say enough good things about our service center. I hope they keep doing great work!

Tesla’s latest supply chain problem

Expect delays on Tesla deliveries as China is experiencing major drought which has impacted hydroelectric power production there, forcing some manufacturers to close plants.

One of the suppliers with capacity in the region is the largest EV battery maker in the world -- Contemporary
Amperex Technology Co Ltd.

It's easy to see how battery supply and Chinese production can impact Tesla supply chain and production.

All Paint Protection and Tinting has been done. We elected to tint all of the glass surfaces and it really makes a HUGE difference. I totally recommend getting your glass overhead tinted as it really does cut down on the heat! My visit to the service center was to have the windshield wipers adjusted as they were hitting the frunk hood. Just barely but still hitting. I had called our service center earlier in the week and, at the time, these were going to be part of another service appt that isnt until August 30. No can do! I need windshield wipers! The service center folks are amazing. They said bring it in when they open and they will have a look at it. Well they sure did! I was out of there in minutes! That has to have been THE fastest service I have ever had! So far so good....cant say enough good things about our service center. I hope they keep doing great work!
Did you tint the back window in one big piece?

Expect delays on Tesla deliveries as China is experiencing major drought which has impacted hydroelectric power production there, forcing some manufacturers to close plants.

One of the suppliers with capacity in the region is the largest EV battery maker in the world -- Contemporary

It's easy to see how battery supply and Chinese production can impact Tesla supply chain and production.
It'll affect Tesla's production globally (and specifically at their Shanghai facility), but for folks here there shouldn't be much to worry about. I know of no CATL components that go into the Long Range built at Fremont. Those vehicles use Panasonic 2170 cells from Nevada while CATL makes LFP prismatics for the Rear Wheel Drive. There may be other components or materials that originate in China, of course, and that could impact just about anything made in America.

For anyone interested, here's the Barron's article that I assume he's referencing.

Tesla Has Its Next Supply-Chain Problem: Drought

Edit: The small 12V battery used for the onboard electronics looks like it comes from CATL. That's the one that was changed from lead acid to lithium ion about a year ago. If Tesla is having problems with whole battery packs for the Rear Wheel Drive because of CATL interrupting LFP cell production then there should be plenty of 12V batteries coming available elsewhere.

Last edited:

Is LR produced in china?

Let’s talk car seats for a quick second. Are you planning on putting a protector underneath you car seat base?(Assuming you use a base) thoughts on this? Don’t want to mess up my new car with the base from the car seat.
What I’ve done is use thick cardboard (usually just repurpose large boxes from home deliveries), and I cut one piece for under the car seat and one piece for the back of the car seat. This prevents creases in the seats/leather from the weight of the car seats/kids. Then I’ll put the protector between the cardboard and car seat to catch spills and crumbs and as added protection against creases. Been effective so far in every car I’ve done this in

Let’s talk car seats for a quick second. Are you planning on putting a protector underneath you car seat base?(Assuming you use a base) thoughts on this? Don’t want to mess up my new car with the base from the car seat.
Although my kids are all teens now and I didn't have a Tesla back then, a seat protector is essential! We always had one beneath whatever baby/child seat they were in at the time and when you take them out and see all the crud in them you'll be glad you used them.

Reactions: HeatherW22