Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla do on the spot D-Day trade in estimates and issue checks?
I'm quite certain that they do not. The appraisals are undoubtedly being completed by a central office that does such things and where people are trained to do that - and have the authority to make offers. The people in the field are trained on how to walk you through the process of completing the purchase and explaining how the car works, etc.

My VIN is close to yours and I just asked my SA. They said cars that left the factory after the 12th won’t come with the mobile connector but will come with a $200 promo code to get it from the website. Mine left on the 18th.
Mine left on the 19th so it looks like it wont be included. I did order one this past weekend just in case.
I'm going to be pretty pissed off, that I will have to drive about 15 miles from my house to charge my car until its delivered.

I'm quite certain that they do not. The appraisals are undoubtedly being completed by a central office that does such things and where people are trained to do that - and have the authority to make offers. The people in the field are trained on how to walk you through the process of completing the purchase and explaining how the car works, etc.
Got it, same way as online trade in estimates based on photos always lowball seller compared to real in-house checks at Carmax, Carvana, etc. Going to Carmax for my 45k:)
Poor Ted (my S85D), I will miss him so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB47394 and Cho22
I have home delivery too and low key pissed about it!!! What should I be looking for? Even has the nerve to mention contactless delivery. MeaniNg they will just drop it off. I wish they would pull that?!?!
Yeah I heard of a few ppl who did contactless delivery. All the guy does is hand you the key, have you sign papers and say that if you have any questions call them. They then hop in their Uber and take off. Not something I would like happen for sure

Yeah I heard of a few ppl who did contactless delivery. All the guy does is hand you the key, have you sign papers and say that if you have any questions call them. They then hop in their Uber and take off. Not something I would like happen for sure
Heads will roll!!!! I am Going to insist that I do not want contactless delivery. We can stand 7 feet apart, wear mask, gloves or whatever we need too! But I need a tesla rep there until I’m down inspection the car. Ughhhhh

Thank you.

• Funny
Reactions: Cho22
I have home delivery too and low key pissed about it!!! What should I be looking for? Even has the nerve to mention contactless delivery. MeaniNg they will just drop it off. I wish they would pull that?!?!
No way I would ever accept home delivery, even if they offered a discount. I'm sorry that car is no longer brand new if someone else is driving it more than a few miles. Who knows how they're going to drive it? Too many what-if's for me with non-registered owner at the wheel. Absolutely out of the question and a total deal breaker for me.

What I find a little confusing and perhaps sneaky is that a large note now appears on my Tesla manage account page - "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". However, upon opening the MVPA which is now available, I can scroll to the very last page and it says I can pay at delivery with a bank draft or certified cheque, but I can wire transfer the balance in advance if I wish.

Reactions: Cho22
What I find a little confusing and perhaps sneaky is that a large note now appears on my Tesla manage account page - "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery". However, upon opening the MVPA which is now available, I can scroll to the very last page and it says I can pay at delivery with a bank draft or certified cheque, but I can wire transfer the balance in advance if I wish.
Yeah just ignore that note. A lot of people bring a cashiers check to Tesla for their final payment before accepting delivery. This will be the route I’m taking as well

Anyone's mobile connector (with the 14-50 adapter) shipped yet? I ordered mine when I ordered the car (5/23) and was promised an August shipment date and my credit card was charged immediately, but it still has not shipped. With the amount of people who are receiving the mobile connector with their cars or getting a credit to order it, I'm tempted to cancel my standalone order and get a refund. Thoughts?
I ordered one on 4/30 with my original order, I received it in early August. I likely will not need it since the car may come with a charger after all and I had a wall charger installed.

Reactions: phaheem and Cho22
Still don't understand how I don't have a VIN and people in June are getting one. The problem is now I'm probably not going to get an included charger with my car even though I was before the deadline and also now apparently no more license plate frame. This is such a frustrating way of conducting business on Tesla's part. It's also really unfair as they said all cars before 4/28 got the charger but then they just said screw it and threw it in any car they made regardless of date. Now that well has run dry and all I'm going to get is a voucher for something that is likely sold out for months. I really think the EAP screwed up my order, definitely would not have done that in hindsight. I see people one other sites with black/black getting vins who ordered after me. Would recommend to anyone who is thinking of adding EAP or FSD while waiting for delivery to not do so until they already have the car.

Still don't understand how I don't have a VIN and people in June are getting one. The problem is now I'm probably not going to get an included charger with my car even though I was before the deadline and also now apparently no more license plate frame. This is such a frustrating way of conducting business on Tesla's part. It's also really unfair as they said all cars before 4/28 got the charger but then they just said screw it and threw it in any car they made regardless of date. Now that well has run dry and all I'm going to get is a voucher for something that is likely sold out for months. I really think the EAP screwed up my order, definitely would not have done that in hindsight. I see people one other sites with black/black getting vins who ordered after me. Would recommend to anyone who is thinking of adding EAP or FSD while waiting for delivery to not do so until they already have the car.
I'm kind of sitting in a similar frustrating boat. I'm worried this delay is because something about my car was messed up. I'm going to have to inspect it thoroughly. And I'm worried getting my delivery potentially on the 31st I won't get any of the accessories others are getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cho22 and ZZ118