Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my VIN today and have home delivery set up for next Tuesday 8/30 in Chandler, AZ.

I ordered a white LR AWD with black interior and the sport wheels back on 5/25. Wasn't expecting to get it until October but the date kept inching closer.

We already have a blue Y LR AWD that we got 2 years ago for my wife. We've been sharing that vehicle and I'm excited to finally be getting my own vehicle again! I'm glad they have the home delivery option this time because the only delivery center was pretty far at the time. Since I already have a Y, I don't really need any help from them - I just need the vehicle!

My mobile charger I ordered back on 5/25 shipped a couple of days ago and was supposed to be delivered today, but seems to be "stuck in transit" in the UPS system somewhere. We'll see if and when it actually gets delivered.

I just messaged my SA for the first time and they said EAP upgrades do not impact delivery as it’s software only.
pretty sure i read somewhere that changing EAP or FSD will not affect your EDD because its software not hardware. If you think about it, it makes sense because all tesla has to do is upload it onto your car. Only reason why other options affect your EDD is because some parts are more readily available to manufacture
IIRC in Q2 2022 people found out that if you added FSD to your order your displayed EDD got moved up. Reasoning was that because you payed more you got your car faster. Whether people actually got their cars faster or if it was just a cosmetic feature on the website, I don't remember. But after a few weeks it seemed Tesla quickly put a stop to that, because at some point adding FSD no longer shortened your displayed EDD.

I have two suspicions for this. The first was after I ordered EAP I got a new order agreement with an updated date of June. I spoke to an SA yesterday who asusured me this didn't change my place in line. The second is I think there is something weird maybe a glitch with EAP orders that the system is not processing correctly. Most people here don't get FSD or EAP however the few who do seem to have more issues with their delivery date. I wonder if the system is having issues matching these cars to VINs for some reason and is instead leaving them in some sort of separate queue. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum who has EAP on their car and has taken delivery yet. I literally ordered EAP the day it was available so I guess I'm the guinnea pig here. Will be intersting to see if other people who order EAP/FSD get a VIN sooner then me.
I would try cancelling EAP, it won't hurt your order and will probably cause the original OD to appear on your agreement. If you then really want EAP, order it once you have a vin, but before delivery, you then can finance it.

I have two suspicions for this. The first was after I ordered EAP I got a new order agreement with an updated date of June. I spoke to an SA yesterday who asusured me this didn't change my place in line. The second is I think there is something weird maybe a glitch with EAP orders that the system is not processing correctly. Most people here don't get FSD or EAP however the few who do seem to have more issues with their delivery date. I wonder if the system is having issues matching these cars to VINs for some reason and is instead leaving them in some sort of separate queue. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum who has EAP on their car and has taken delivery yet. I literally ordered EAP the day it was available so I guess I'm the guinnea pig here. Will be intersting to see if other people who order EAP/FSD get a VIN sooner then me.
When you updated your order did you call or use the url where you have to enter your reservation number in?

Well, it finally happened after nearly a month waiting for a new EDD :) let’s see how this one holds up

1661520746936.jpeg

Finally got to test drive the M3P today.

To me, the ride quality of the 20” uberturbines did not seem any worse than the 18” Aero wheels and the car was just as quiet and comfortable as the M3LR I test drove.

The acceleration…yeah it’s like a punch in the gut every time. You look at the speedo and you’re already at 75 mph. But I had a similar sensation in the M3LR and the difference in speed sensation between the M3P and M3LR was not so noticeable to warrant the added cost and overall expense of the M3P (more expensive tires, more frequent charging due to lower range). ‘

So I’m happy that I finally got to drive the M3P and now I won’t be running the “what if” in my head while I wait for my M3LR. Today’s test drive confirmed that the M3LR is the best value of the Model 3s.

Finally got to test drive the M3P today.

To me, the ride quality of the 20” uberturbines did not seem any worse than the 18” Aero wheels and the car was just as quiet and comfortable as the M3LR I test drove.

The acceleration…yeah it’s like a punch in the gut every time. You look at the speedo and you’re already at 75 mph. But I had a similar sensation in the M3LR and the difference in speed sensation between the M3P and M3LR was not so noticeable to warrant the added cost and overall expense of the M3P (more expensive tires, more frequent charging due to lower range). ‘

So I’m happy that I finally got to drive the M3P and now I won’t be running the “what if” in my head while I wait for my M3LR. Today’s test drive confirmed that the M3LR is the best value of the Model 3s.
Glad to hear it! ;)