Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD10 Updated today (08/25) w/ pick-up schedule:

M3LR Deep Blue Metallic / 19" Sport Wheels / Black and White Premium Interior / No FSD / SoCal

OD 5/23/22 EDD1
Aug-Nov l EDD2 Sep-Dec l EDD3 Aug-Nov l EDD4 08/14-08/28 / EDD5 08/15-08/28 / EDD6 (08/16) 08/19-08/29 / EDD7 (08/20) 08/23-09/05 / EDD8 (08/24) 08/27-09/05 | EDD9 (8/24) 08/27-08/31 w/ Vin 342xxx | EDD10 (8/25) 8/27 pick-up at Carlsbad, CA

Reactions: guerro
Yeah idk I'm back and forth now. I hate the P but with the money I'd save on EAP that'd cover the cost and the money I'd save on boost that would cover the new wheels. I need to do some more research. I can't get the P with 20 inch tires that's a deal breaker but if there are good 18 inch tires that fit and wouldn't compromise the performance too much might consider it.

Unfortunately I need a car asap and was planning on August now it's looking like I might not physical have a tesla until October which is insane.

Lot of research I need to do over the next few days to see what is the best course of action at this time :/
Just curious, were you absolutely set on getting a brand new car? Why not check out the secondary market and see if you can find a '21 or '22 low mileage, mint condition M3 in whatever trim you want. IF you really need a vehicle very soon and you are very set on getting a Tesla, it's not a bad way to go. It would still be under full factory warranty and if later you decided you wanted a brand new '23, you could order one exactly how you want and trade the used Tesla, which you would probably do very well on.
I remember reading prior to ordering (don't know how true it is, as I didn't modify my own order) but that you should never change your order once its in. Once you update, it kicks in a new order date. Your original order date may stay on record, but for production purposes, I think whatever date you modified your order basically becomes your 'new' order date. It was adding EAP well afterwards that caused your delay for sure. Good luck.

I called the 650 area code number and asked if I wanted to change to pick could I? They told me yea and would make the appropriate changes. But the tesla dealer for pick up for me is in a terrible area for after 4p on a Friday pick up in LA traffic! I declined and just decided to keep it to home delivery. But you can call and ask them to change it.
650 is my area code lol. Anyway it would prob give me immense anxiety having a stranger drive my brand new Tesla through LA traffic. Imagine all those possible paint chips smh 😥

Reactions: Golf8621204
Aside from my delivery issues which may or may not be related to EAP I don't have regrets. I've heard navigate on autopilot with lane change is a game changer. Right now on standard autopilot everytime you change lanes it disengages which is very annoying. The other stuff is cool if it works. 6k is a little pricey but financed out it was like an extra 75$/ month which isn't too bad imo
Thanks! I'm definitely very tempted now haha.

Reactions: ZZ118
Graduation day!!! Car is perfect. Everything flush. Ryzen chip, matrix headlights and a mobile charger!!! Couldn’t be happier!
84A0AA88-0208-4EEA-9EBE-F1ADBE842D35.jpeg

Just curious, were you absolutely set on getting a brand new car? Why not check out the secondary market and see if you can find a '21 or '22 low mileage, mint condition M3 in whatever trim you want. IF you really need a vehicle very soon and you are very set on getting a Tesla, it's not a bad way to go. It would still be under full factory warranty and if later you decided you wanted a brand new '23, you could order one exactly how you want and trade the used Tesla, which you would probably do very well on.
I remember reading prior to ordering (don't know how true it is, as I didn't modify my own order) but that you should never change your order once its in. Once you update, it kicks in a new order date. Your original order date may stay on record, but for production purposes, I think whatever date you modified your order basically becomes your 'new' order date. It was adding EAP well afterwards that caused your delay for sure. Good luck.
I just messaged my SA for the first time and they said EAP upgrades do not impact delivery as it’s software only.

• Informative
Reactions: Cho22
I was thinking the same until my SA told me that home delivery comes with a person who will stay and answer questions and document any issues with the car upon delivery. SA said that pickup at a service center was hands off and nobody from Tesla would be available to help me if I had questions.

YMMV

Good luck!
I was told the same thing when tesla center called me today to confirm everything. Told me basically if pick up at center you hand us the final check we unlock car and that’s it. Was told they are too busy for anything else. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: guerro
I was told the same thing when tesla center called me today to confirm everything. Told me basically if pick up at center you hand us the final check we unlock car and that’s it. Was told they are too busy for anything else. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Exactly what they told me. I always thought it was the other way around. I am fine with it and can't wait to get my car. :)

• Love
Reactions: Bestie_n_Tessi
Your black on black order has me stressed out. I'm now in my second Nov2022-Feb2023 EDD window.
There was a guy here when I first came on who also was black on black and he too was not getting a vin and just getting constant pushbacks on edd. Black on black is cursed but it's also the best looking car in the end ;) That's why tesla feels the need to test us more lol

@ZZ118 You probably have the worst experiences. My Wife and I have multiple issues with our M3LR......paint not covering doors and such.

I can go on but hang in there and if you are pissed when you get your car just decline it.
Yeah I remember your story a few months ago with the car that was rough and now this new one with the door paint. Sorry to hear that. Hope the car is still great otherwise. I'm not gonna cancel I'm just hoping everything is OK when it finally does come but it'll be worth it

Lol no I do appreciate the suggestions. I really am set on a new car for two reasons the first is I've always had 2nd hand cars and while they've been great I really want a new one. I want a state of the art car with all the new bells and whistles. Call it what you will but after driving used (which I love) I wanna just not have to inherit someone elses problems. The second reason is these used teslas are very expensive. 2018-2019 tesla with 60-70k miles are going for like 50k. Thats insane and like I said above not worth it at all in my opinion. I'm worried that yes when I did EAP that changed my order date but my SA reassured me that isn't the case. I'm not sure what to believe, on one hand tesla was giving me EDDs that matched an april OD, on the other hand, we'll here I am getting more pushbacks. At this point with the time invested I need to just see this thru to delivery but if I order tesla again I will make sure to learn from my mistakes this time around.

Initially that was my thought on it as well, but there has to be some reason for the delay. Not the first time a delay has occurred from making a change after order, software or not.
I have two suspicions for this. The first was after I ordered EAP I got a new order agreement with an updated date of June. I spoke to an SA yesterday who asusured me this didn't change my place in line. The second is I think there is something weird maybe a glitch with EAP orders that the system is not processing correctly. Most people here don't get FSD or EAP however the few who do seem to have more issues with their delivery date. I wonder if the system is having issues matching these cars to VINs for some reason and is instead leaving them in some sort of separate queue. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum who has EAP on their car and has taken delivery yet. I literally ordered EAP the day it was available so I guess I'm the guinnea pig here. Will be intersting to see if other people who order EAP/FSD get a VIN sooner then me.

I have two suspicions for this. The first was after I ordered EAP I got a new order agreement with an updated date of June. I spoke to an SA yesterday who asusured me this didn't change my place in line. The second is I think there is something weird maybe a glitch with EAP orders that the system is not processing correctly. Most people here don't get FSD or EAP however the few who do seem to have more issues with their delivery date. I wonder if the system is having issues matching these cars to VINs for some reason and is instead leaving them in some sort of separate queue. I don't think I've seen anyone on this forum who has EAP on their car and has taken delivery yet. I literally ordered EAP the day it was available so I guess I'm the guinnea pig here. Will be intersting to see if other people who order EAP/FSD get a VIN sooner then me.
At one point I added it to mine but took it off after a few weeks. No change to my dates.

Reactions: Cho22 and ZZ118