Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it’s still a bit until my delivery date. But wondering for those picking up, did they automatically put on the front license plate? I’m debating on if I want to glue it on or do something like snap plate
Front and rear plates are required in my state, but the temporary tag is only for the rear so they only put that on. The front plate holder was in the trunk. I haven't put it on. Apparently the police won't stop a car for a missing plate, but they'll cite you for the lack if they stop you for something else.

GRADUATION DAY

Tesla brought me my T-Bone today. I know all of the connotations around the name T-Bone for a car but he told me that is the name he wants. He sort of sounded like George Costanza when he spoke to me.

Michelin tires
Matrix Headlights
Ryzen chip
CCS adapter enabled
No Mobile Connector :-( (Glad I bought one when I did)

This car is more than I need and more than I deserve. Body gaps and lines were perfect all the way around. If there was a gap, misalignment, issue anywhere I could not find it. Car was clean inside and out.

Tesla rep that dropped it off was very nice and knew everything about the car. He answered several questions and even provided answers to questions I had not yet thought about. He told me he would stay as long as I needed to help me. He waited until I told him I felt I no longer had questions or needed his help before ordering his Uber. Felt like he was no pressure. Overall, this buying experience has been light years ahead of even my best dealership experience. For those second guessing home delivery and if you are okay with a few extra miles, I say don't worry about it and do the home delivery.

I drove it to get lunch and the one-pedal driving took some getting used to but by the time I was making my return trip home, I had it down. The A/C worked very well. It is 104 outside today. Ride is smooth and soaked up bumps that my Focus ST and F250 used to jar my body.

Also, this car is going to get me into trouble. I cannot imagine what the Performance version of this car is like but this car is fast. I mean FAST!

Good luck to all those awaiting a car. I can't begin to thank all of you on this board for being so supportive to everyone and never getting noses bent out of shape over a comment or reply. This community is by far the best forum community I have ever been a part of. Speaks volumes.

View attachment 845587
Congrats man! That's awesome that it went so well. I'm excited for my delivery next week. And you confirmed that they drive it to you, not flatbed it.

My mobile charger arrived today, so I'm all set if they don't include it in my car. It looks like the people that are still getting them are in cars that were shipped a little bit ago on trains to the east coast, so they may have still had inventory then. For us on the west coast, I'm guessing the cars just shipped recently and they don't have the inventory anymore.

Reactions: IWRBR and Zane Liu
In states that require the front license plate like NY, why take the chance of not having the plate there.
Agree, it is ugly, and uglier when the bracket that comes with the car is taped on, so buy the Quick Bandit or equivalent and don’t risk getting a ticket.
I live in NY and I 100% agree. Never really bothered me it's just a license plate. Tbh I think it looks weird when cars don't have it lol. I love how everyone is always like oh but the cops don't care. Yeah they don't care until they do. 99/100 cops may not care but that doesn't make it ok. All you need is one cop to ruin your day. Why drive a car that you know isn't fully legal and then always have to look over your shoulder.

Texas requires a front plate, but thankfully, Tesla did NOT install it when I picked up my car. The front plate ruins the look of the car, not to mention the aerodynamics. I went with the Snap Plate and am very happy with it. I only install the front plate when driving the highways of Texas, the local police really don't care. Rather pricey, but I think it is worth it.
What is the snap plate?

@cmy4x4

I'm happy to report that little Minotaur was born today and has been brought home. He is healthy and had absolutely no birth defects.

It was a 2.5 hour drive to Highland Park near Chicago, got there an hour before my 3pm appointment. It was already there waiting for me, so started inspection even before talking to anyone. Did a quick exterior look and found nothing wrong and I thought how can this be. Then began looking very closely top to bottom. I found no paint issues, there were a couple very minor panel gaps, but barely noticeable.

Then went inside showroom, told them I was early but they weren't overly busy so started the process. Had not looked inside car yet, but at that point I knew I would not be rejecting it, so pressed the Plaid Pay button in Tesla app which I had configured earlier. Synced with app and I was able to get inside. No interior defects at all, trunk and frunk all looked good. Overall, I found the delivery quality to be excellent.

Included: Michelin tires, Matrix Headlights, Mobile Connector. Did not get the chrome plate holders. I did not think I'd be getting Mobile Connector, but there it was in the trunk. I think I was very near the cut off for that, as my understanding is that any cars that left the factory after 8/12 would not get Mobile Connector, but would get a $200 promo code to buy one on website.

There was 45 miles on the odometer, which is higher than I would have expected but OK. The 150 mile drive back home was wonderful. A perfect end to a very long day. It's now time to go smoke a cigar and have a glass of bourbon.

It really was worth the 102 day wait.

I'm happy to report that little Minotaur was born today and has been brought home. He is healthy and had absolutely no birth defects.

It was a 2.5 hour drive to Highland Park near Chicago, got there an hour before my 3pm appointment. It was already there waiting for me, so started inspection even before talking to anyone. Did a quick exterior look and found nothing wrong and I thought how can this be. Then began looking very closely top to bottom. I found no paint issues, there were a couple very minor panel gaps, but barely noticeable.

Then went inside showroom, told them I was early but they weren't overly busy so started the process. Had not looked inside car yet, but at that point I knew I would not be rejecting it, so pressed the Plaid Pay button in Tesla app which I had configured earlier. Synced with app and I was able to get inside. No interior defects at all, trunk and frunk all looked good. Overall, I found the delivery quality to be excellent.

Included: Michelin tires, Matrix Headlights, Mobile Connector. Did not get the chrome plate holders. I did not think I'd be getting Mobile Connector, but there it was in the trunk. I think I was very near the cut off for that, as my understanding is that any cars that left the factory after 8/12 would not get Mobile Connector, but would get a $200 promo code to buy one on website.

There was 45 miles on the odometer, which is higher than I would have expected but OK. The 150 mile drive back home was wonderful. A perfect end to a very long day. It's now time to go smoke a cigar and have a glass of bourbon.

Congrats! 🍾

Reactions: Minotaur
Another update today…a day after getting the depressing Jan-Apr ‘23 EDD. Today my wife’s app says 9/18-10/23 for her M3 LR AWD. Only issue with this ”earlier” Delivery is that we have a two week trip planned to Italy for the last 2 weeks in October. If she gets it prior, we only have 1 charger to service keeping two Tesla’s plugged in while away. If it comes while we’re away, I’m not sure if our daughter or someone else could pick up the car in our absence. Such problems. Not sweating it at this point though…dates will probably change several more times.
You could simply do home delivery.

Reactions: Luvtoride

Great write up, congrats

Is anyone reading this also waiting on an order from April? Perhaps I'm just overreacting to so many orders from May being filled.

Fellow mid-April order checking in, blue model 3LR with EAP. California. Just had my second 2 week EDD pushed back from 8/24-9/7 to now a 4 week 9/9-10/7 :( what the heck!?

Seems like so many May (and June!) orders being filled…I’m also starting to feel left behind!

Reactions: ZZ118
Fellow mid-April order checking in, blue model 3LR with EAP. California. Just had my second 2 week EDD pushed back from 8/24-9/7 to now a 4 week 9/9-10/7 :( what the heck!?

Seems like so many May (and June!) orders being filled…I’m also starting to feel left behind!
I'm a mid May order seeing late July orders being delivered. I feel you both. NorCal over here

Reactions: ZZ118