Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw in another thread that someone said new Model 3 refresh is coming Q4 with a similar steering wheel as the Semi (touch activated buttons). Anyone else feel a little bit of FOMO about that if it does come just a month-ish after our deliveries? I knew this going in but still a little bit of an emotional reaction here haha.

Saw in another thread that someone said new Model 3 refresh is coming Q4 with a similar steering wheel as the Semi (touch activated buttons). Anyone else feel a little bit of FOMO about that if it does come just a month-ish after our deliveries? I knew this going in but still a little bit of an emotional reaction here haha.
Ew no I don't want haptic buttons, I hope my order comes in before that. Unfortunately if that's happening there's only a mild chance of avoiding that design. OD 8/4, estimate is and has been Nov '22-Feb '23

Just got the trade in text from a 34035 number? Am I too excited or is actually Tesla?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220829-171304_Messages.png
    Screenshot_20220829-171304_Messages.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 84
I wonder if mine is on the same rail, I haven’t heard anything about delivery yet.
I'm being told now delivery is this Friday, Sept 2. I'll definitely be inspecting extra closely. I thought it was strange because I went to the dealership both Saturday and Sunday and the car wasn't there for a Tuesday delivery. Not out of the question to get it Monday, but that's cutting it close. I knew something was up. There were no details on the train delay. I'm VIN 337 and another member is 336 and getting his 8/31 also in NJ, so they were obviously on the same train. No complaints with any of the order process, but I had made major changes to my schedule to be there Tuesday, that I then had to reverse upon receiving very short notice today the car will not make it, so needless to say, I wasn't happy at all and let me SA know that in a respectful way.

So literally as I was about to go off the rails that he got a vin before me

A text from Tesla popped up...

Got a VIN!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys for the support especially this past month. I 100% believe the EAP messed up my order. Just glad my car now exists :)

Guess your good vibes paid off thanks for the support thru this all
Dude I think this entire thread has been rooting for you! Keep us posted on your progress and delivery!!

So literally as I was about to go off the rails that he got a vin before me

A text from Tesla popped up...

Got a VIN!!!!!!!!!
Your tenure in waiting reminds me of @JB from the AZ. He had a record number of changing EDD's til he got his M3LR in May or June. Everyone was rooting for him as well. So happy you finally got your VIN! 👏

The mention in the other thread was referencing an article in notateslaapp.com that was based on a tweet by Chris Zheng, who is supposed to have ties to the Tesla supply chain in China.

The claim is that the Model 3 and Y would go to the Model S style steering controls by removing the control stalks. Pass.

Nobody with an order should be worried about this because it's a rumor about 2023 for China, where Tesla introduces changes. It might not reach Fremont for another 12 months, if it ever happens.

Dude I think this entire thread has been rooting for you! Keep us posted on your progress and delivery!!
This has been a crazy ride ( and its not over yet) I have learned so much here since starting and I'm very thankful I found this forum and all the great people on it. Everyone here has a great attitude, is very supportive, really glad to have spent my time in this "waiting room"

Also for any wondering my VIN is 350xxx, I ordered a license plate holder on amazon :/. I am eligible for the charger but will likely get the promo code so I will post an update for that.

I've also now updated the spreadsheet ;)

Last edited:
Just a couple of questions now that I'm preparing for delivery:
Submitted my insurance already, will tesla confirm it or should I assume its good?
Now that I got a VIN is my financing/rate locked in? (good until 9/20)
Is there anything I have left to do before taking the car besides scheduling delivery when available?

Thanks
As far as I know from my experience with Delivery being on Wednesday. They will reach out about scheduling, you schedule, make sure you have proof of your Tesla being active on your insurance prior to or the morning of delivery (my insurance wanted to wait til the day of to put it on my policy at all). I think you get final delivery information the day before delivery (we will see tomorrow for me). Honestly I'd ask your SA any questions you have, it seems like yours has been pretty useful. I actually asked mine to verify my insurance information and they said everything was good.