Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I picked up my car today! The staff at the Oakville, Ontario location were on point and everything was quick and painless... apparently they do 50 vehicles a day to customers!

Only small issue with mis-aligned trunk that I will open a service ticket for but aside from that the car is amazing.

No mobile charger and no license plate cover thing but it did have J1772 adapter as expected.

Already loving the car :)
View attachment 847072
Congrats!!! That combo looks amazing! I can't wait to experience it in person!!

Reactions: Cereal and boxer74
Left side, larger gap
View attachment 847104
Right side, more tight
View attachment 847105
After seeing these pics, I went to check mine. And crap, mine is similar though not quite as pronounced. I totally missed this on my inspection. Mine also has the larger gap on left side. Perhaps team Blue is not so lucky after all.

Anyone know how they would actually go about fixing this?

Well, I picked up my car today! The staff at the Oakville, Ontario location were on point and everything was quick and painless... apparently they do 50 vehicles a day to customers!

Only small issue with mis-aligned trunk that I will open a service ticket for but aside from that the car is amazing.

No mobile charger and no license plate cover thing but it did have J1772 adapter as expected.

Already loving the car :)
View attachment 847072
Congrats. How do you like the Hankook tires?

Reactions: Cereal
I just wanted to give you guys an update. My delivery date is tomorrow I got a call today to verify my appointment. I also texted my SA one last time to verify everything was in order. The guy responded asking for an insurance card instead of my proof of insurance I uploaded which I didn't have handy and my insurance normally provides a different document including the same information. I have been back and forth all day trying to provide a document they like and my last document provided by my insurance in direct response to this headache my SA hasn't checked and responded to yet. So that was fun.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394 and guerro
After seeing these pics, I went to check mine. And crap, mine is similar though not quite as pronounced. I totally missed this on my inspection. Mine also has the larger gap on left side. Perhaps team Blue is not so lucky after all.

Anyone know how they would actually go about fixing this?
Guy at Tesla said it should be easy for them to adjust. Didn’t seem too concerning but I got a service request open

How much info does my SA know about my car? Are they able to see where in transit is or what's the limitations on what I can ask. Delivery appointment is 9/3 but I'm just so eager and want to try and get it earlier
They know the exact location of the truck/train it's on, but won't disclose it for security reasons.
Just tell them that you're willing to take an earlier delivery date if possible.
i need help guys, so i ordered a LR but i want to switch to the SR because i really dont need the extra range and the fast 0-60 but do i still get the same features such as the upgrades speakers and rear heated seats becuase if not then i will stick to the LR.
IIRC SR+/RWD now have the rear heated seats, but don't have the upgraded speakers.

Wow my VIN came just in time!....finalizing my loan (and low interest rate) and the rep told me my rate would've expired tomorrow!
Good luck on your pick up.(Not at the mall, )at the tyco rd location. (8500 Tyco rd, Tysons Corner). When you go there you will see the show room in the front, but drive to the right side of the building and keep going. Eventually you will see a bunch of cars parked and they all have name tags on the inside of the windshield. Check out your car as long as you like, and then there is a warehouse door you enter into. There is a sign on the door. Get there a little early so you can spend as long as you like checking out the car before you decide to accept

I wondered because I thought I heard somewhere that 'east of the mississippi' went to CHI. STL is west of the mississippi yet about as far east as it could be and still be that. ;)
Tesla has three hubs that they use to send cars out via truck: Fremont, Chicago and Birmingham. Find the one that's closest to you and that's where your vehicle will go before being trucked to you. As St. Louis is four and a half hours from Chicago, that's where your car will go before being loaded onto a truck.

i need help guys, so i ordered a LR but i want to switch to the SR because i really dont need the extra range and the fast 0-60 but do i still get the same features such as the upgrades speakers and rear heated seats becuase if not then i will stick to the LR.
My understanding is that the sr will have a downgraded speaker system, heated seats are not included but can be unlocked for an additional fee (like 500$), no floor mats and a couple of other downgrades. I could be wrong but I believe that was how it was prior. Also the sr will be a much longer wait and you may not get a car until next year.

Edit: heated seats now included per link

My understanding is that the sr will have a downgraded speaker system, heated seats are not included but can be unlocked for an additional fee (like 500$), no floor mats and a couple of other downgrades. I could be wrong but I believe that was how it was prior. Also the sr will be a much longer wait and you may not get a car until next year.

Edit: heated seats now included per link

In addition to that you have different batteries. So not really the same car imo but on the outside it may look the same 😋

Correct me if I'm wrong but the sr battery can be charged to 100% while the lr should really be at 90% or lower usually so technically range is very similar.
I don’t really think so. I’m pretty sure that even at 90% the LR can get 300 miles or so and you can charge up to 100% for trips if you want. It is just for everyday use they say not to charge up to 100%. Just like in an ice vehicle you won’t drive until empty, same here. So nobody really gets the full range of any vehicle you own. But the difference is how far you can go before you feel the need to refuel/ recharge. LR you will definitely have longer range than the SR. For everyday use it may not be a big difference for you, but for trips you will feel the difference. So it is really what you need / want