Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text that my car has left the factory and is on route to my delivery center in NJ. I would imagine that all the cars on that truck are going to the same relative location. Does anyone know how long it takes them to get the cars from the factory to NJ? My EDD is 2 weeks away but that seems like a long time for a commercial truck to drive across the country.

Got the text to schedule delivery yesterday! Picking it up on 9/14!! So excited!!
Not going to lie, jealoussssssss haha. Im still awaiting my EDD to update... still sitting at a 4 week window. Tesla must really be holding onto orders super close to the Fremont Factory :mad:
Yeah same here, because @JolteonSTL’s order date is 7/22 and they’ve got a delivery scheduled; my order date was 5/23 and I’m still in a 2-week window with no VIN
So after having my EDD pushed back for the 6th time I decided to call Tesla. They said my vehicle arrived at my service center on 9/2 and I should've received a text to schedule delivery. I guess there was an error in the system somehow?? Anyways, I am finally scheduled to take delivery on 9/8!!!!
Tempting me to call too because I have an order date close to yours. Did you have a VIN already?

Just got the text that my car has left the factory and is on route to my delivery center in NJ. I would imagine that all the cars on that truck are going to the same relative location. Does anyone know how long it takes them to get the cars from the factory to NJ? My EDD is 2 weeks away but that seems like a long time for a commercial truck to drive across the country.
Guessing my car may be on this truck as well EDD is Sept 24- oct 8

Going by the order spreadsheet, August and September are delivering mostly April and May orders. There is a sprinkling of June orders and the occasional July.

The average time to delivery this quarter has been about 110 days with extremes of 45 and 146 days.

From Troy Teslike's twitter feed

On Aug 21, Tesla's 457K order backlog was equal to 112 days of global production, down from 123 days on July 27.

Tesla ideally wants to drop the backlog to 42 days (6 weeks) of production to create a better buying experience.

1662484889864.png

To those who financed your auto loan through your own bank/credit union not through Tesla:
  1. Did you keep your Tesla order as “paying in cash in full”?
  2. If so, did you then just bring a check issued by your bank for the full purchase price of the car (including taxes/fees) to the dealer on delivery day?
  3. Any issues/tips for this process?

To those who financed your auto loan through your own bank/credit union not through Tesla:
  1. Did you keep your Tesla order as “paying in cash in full”?
  2. If so, did you then just bring a check issued by your bank for the full purchase price of the car (including taxes/fees) to the dealer on delivery day?
  3. Any issues/tips for this process?
My car's coming soon (9/9-9/15) so I'll let you know how it goes.

I applied for the Tesla financing but their lowest current APR is 4.49%, which is trash. Told my SA about it, they said to just bring the check and they switched the payment method to cash (pay in full). Also yes I plan on taking the check there with the full amount, all fees and taxes included (minus $250 paid for reservation).