Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice!
It's really weird how this is happening, but hopefully others will see this and re-order as well.

Kinda funny, I sent 3 follow up emails regarding my first order, never got a single reply. But I did get a survey request for my customer service experience LOL...they didn't get a good review to say the least.
Yeah that’s unbelievable. We’re trying to help them by reaching out haha

Reactions: sf_michael
I just canceled my pending mobile connector order and reordered one from the website. Obviously there is a a glitch on the Tesla side. I had ordered both a wall connector and mobile connector when I placed my order for the car.
Mine was also stuck after ordering with the car. I cancelled and reordered last week, it's shipped and should be here tomorrow. Honestly ridiculous that they don't fulfill old orders but do for new ones.
Glad I did that or I'd be stuck without home charging seemingly indefinitely. Wall connector is going in my dad's house, mobile at my apartment.

Honestly ridiculous that they don't fulfill old orders but do for new ones.
I would guess that there was a change of part number when they restocked and nobody thought about the fact that there were orders for the old part. Tesla runs a pretty lean operation and I suspect that contributes to stuff falling through the cracks.

I was just looking at Tesla's software engineering openings and it's practically a shopping list of every aspect of Tesla operations. Autopilot AI, factory software, infotainment, cell manufacturing, tools engineer, factory firmware and even "UI Software Engineering Manager". That's just a small sampling. I wonder if they're running a skeleton crew on all that stuff because they've been so focused on ramping production.

I hate the fact that I'm too old to dive into any of that stuff. It looks like so much fun.
Quick question. I do have a some wind noise coming through driver side. I know it will be an easy fix, but do I just message back my SA or do I have to open a ticket with Tesla service?
Everything is a service ticket once you own the car.

Moving quick!
4D68F941-CAFF-45BB-84C7-3499E54AE56B.jpeg

Anyone else in the Midwest getting their
EDD pushed back again to Dec 2022?

I figured I was close to getting a VIN
based off other recent posts, but now l'm
not so sure!

Order Date: 8/6 (M3LR, White exterior, Black interior, sport rims, No FSD, location: IL)

Initial EDD: Nov 2022 to Jan 2023
8/30 EDD Update #1: Sept 15- Sep 29
9/7 EDD Update #2: Dec 2022
9/9 EDD Update #3: Sep 22 - Oct 5
9/15 EDD Update #4: Dec 2022

not so sure!

Order Date: 8/6 (M3LR, White exterior, Black interior, sport rims, No FSD, location: IL)

Based on previous quarters it seems only west coast is the focus as of now unless someone drops their order and it is assigned to you in the area. I believe Tesla is done with east coast deliveries until next quarter

So I got the text to complete my trade in offer for my model s. I got a quick estimate before I placed the order so I could have a ballpark idea. I did sent the pictures and did everything online. I just got a text saying they can’t accept it because of odometer rollback. It’s obviously some kind of mistake. Any way to talk to a human?

Reactions: guerro

not so sure!

You're more than likely not included in the Q3 EOQ Push.

How Tesla operates:
Month 1 of a quarter: First 2 weeks are shut down for maintenance and upgrades. Do not expect to see new vins at this time. If there are any vins assigned, they're more than likely left over stock from the last quarter.

End of month 1 through Month 2 - Working through orders from East coast to west coast (priority to east coast).

Beginning of Month 3 - first week would be sort of the final shipment to east coast / central US. HEAVY focus on west coast in the last few weeks.

Tesla doesn't have a "sale" in their books until we pick up the car and pay them. They want their numbers to be good so they focus west coast at quarter end due to the fact that we can take delivery very shortly after production (less travel time)

I'm assuming you probably wont get a VIN until late October - early November.

I just canceled my pending mobile connector order and reordered one from the website. Obviously there is a a glitch on the Tesla side. I had ordered both a wall connector and mobile connector when I placed my order for the car.
I also ordered both wall connector and mobile charger ordered on 7/7 same as the order for car. I got the wall connector within 7 days but no mobile was assuming it would come with car wondering if I should cancel and reorder.