Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Adelfi today and their loan requirements for collision + comprehensive max is $1000 deductible = higher premiums
Just spoke with my insurance company this morning and they explained that a higher deductible results in a lower premium. But not by much - a $1,000 deductible instead of $500 would save me only ~$100 over 6 months. So $200 savings per year would take five years to offset a $1,000 deductible (if I ever had to pay it). Not worth it in my opinion

Reactions: ZZ118
I called Adelfi today and their loan requirements for collision + comprehensive max is $1000 deductible = higher premiums
Well makes sense why they didn't say anything since my deductibles are less than that. I just changed over to Progressive from Geico and am saving a ton. Really recommend looking into them, plus the quote process is super easy!

Reactions: Bluelocust
I g
Just spoke with my insurance company this morning and they explained that a higher deductible results in a lower premium. But not by much - a $1,000 deductible instead of $500 would save me only ~$100 over 6 months. So $200 savings per year would take five years to offset a $1,000 deductible (if I ever had to pay it). Not worth it in my opinion
I say higher because my deductible prior was $2500 🤣 If someone hits me, I’ll get my deductible back when I sue them 😁

Was it cheaper than Tesla's insurance quote?
Tesla quoted me a ridiculous $150/month (so did state farm; Geico was $300+) despite my clean record. Costco insurance (Connect) was just $80/month. Anecdotal, but heard that Tesla's insurance is a nightmare to deal with when you actually need them. Probably better off going with a reputable insurance company

Reactions: Zane Liu and Cho22
I took delivery today. 4 miles on the odometer. I couldn't find flaw with fit and finish. Driving it back to work there is a slight rattle on the passenger side and I'll need someone to sit over there to find it while it is being driven. No charging cable. Michelin tires. Rear plate holder in the trunk, no front holder. I don't know how to discover what chip I received.

I took delivery today. 4 miles on the odometer. I couldn't find flaw with fit and finish. Driving it back to work there is a slight rattle on the passenger side and I'll need someone to sit over there to find it while it is being driven. No charging cable. Michelin tires. Rear plate holder in the trunk, no front holder. I don't know how to discover what chip I received.
congrats! matrix headlights?

Congrats sir happy for you!

To find the chip you have see below vid:

Tesla quoted me a ridiculous $150/month (so did state farm; Geico was $300+) despite my clean record. Costco insurance (Connect) was just $80/month. Anecdotal, but heard that Tesla's insurance is a nightmare to deal with when you actually need them. Probably better off going with a reputable insurance company
Hmm, I see. Yeah I was surprised by the price of Tesla vs Geico/Liberty Mutual. Tesla was much cheaper so I was considering it. How's Costco so low? Wild.

Oh what you got a rear plate? What's your VIN?

Accepted delivery yesterday. I arrived about an hour early to my 5pm appointment and they didn't have a problem with starting early; it was a slower delivery day they said. They let me have all the time I needed to look over the car, inside and out. I brought an official check cut by my brokerage house which they had no problem accepting for final payment. Matrix lights. It was charged to 95% when I arrived. 8 miles on the odometer.

Found one tiny paint bubble on the left rear quarter panel; they noted it for later repair but it's so small I'm not sure I want to have it fixed. Depends on how much paint work needs to be done to fix it. Panel gaps are consistent and the doors sit nicely flush. The frunk and trunk lids may need a little adjustment as they're both recessed about a millimeter or two compared to their adjoining body panels. There's a little wind noise in the driver's window that I'll have them look at. I'll schedule a service appointment after I live with it a few days to make sure I notice everything. Other than those issues, the car is something else! Totally happy so far.

Another note, my mobile connector ordered when I originally placed the M3 order in June shipped this morning. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if they were waiting for delivery.

You're more than likely not included in the Q3 EOQ Push.

How Tesla operates:
Month 1 of a quarter: First 2 weeks are shut down for maintenance and upgrades. Do not expect to see new vins at this time. If there are any vins assigned, they're more than likely left over stock from the last quarter.

End of month 1 through Month 2 - Working through orders from East coast to west coast (priority to east coast).

Beginning of Month 3 - first week would be sort of the final shipment to east coast / central US. HEAVY focus on west coast in the last few weeks.

Tesla doesn't have a "sale" in their books until we pick up the car and pay them. They want their numbers to be good so they focus west coast at quarter end due to the fact that we can take delivery very shortly after production (less travel time)

I'm assuming you probably wont get a VIN until late October - early November.
When do overseas Model 3 orders get built? Are all overseas Model 3s made in China now?

VIN just issued; scheduled delivery September 16th. Unfortunately, I am flying overseas tomorrow and need to figure out my situation with Tesla. Hopefully I can be assigned a new VIN when I get back in a few weeks time.
For anyone in the Bay Area, just secured financing from Star One at 3.39%. Pretty good rate for the current market!