Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 LR Window Sticker and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone is interested (VIN redacted):

Funny that it says "high definition backup camera" as the backup camera is to me by far the biggest complaint I have with the M3, it looks more like a 1970s analog security camera than HD, it's honestly close to unusable :/

Otherwise love the car so far, in many ways it's superior to the S (got my M3 on 12/29 and I have owned an MS since 2012, both the original and the AP1 version, and also own a 2017 MX). The touchscreen is way more responsive than in the S/X, and the speakers are noticeably better, probably best sounding speakers in any car I've owned. AP2 is still calibrating as I only have about 30 miles so far. And the keyless system is brilliant.

Sitting in the M3 driver's seat for the first time, my overwhelming thought was that the M3 interior feels like exactly what I would expect a car made by Apple to look/feel like, and that's intended as high praise.

If Tesla fixes the backup camera, integrates Spotify and Waze, and offers a Qi charging pad for the phone shelf -- all of which are doable via software updates/aftermarket -- the M3 will/would be nearly flawless. Personally I'd also love to see the cloth/hybrid upholstery option as that's what I have in my MS and prefer it to the full fake leather in my M3.

Happy new year Tesla nerds!

Funny that it says "high definition backup camera" as the backup camera is to me by far the biggest complaint I have with the M3, it looks more like a 1970s analog security camera than HD, it's honestly close to unusable :/

Otherwise love the car so far, in many ways it's superior to the S (got my M3 on 12/29 and I have owned an MS since 2012, both the original and the AP1 version, and also own a 2017 MX). The touchscreen is way more responsive than in the S/X, and the speakers are noticeably better, probably best sounding speakers in any car I've owned. AP2 is still calibrating as I only have about 30 miles so far. And the keyless system is brilliant.

Sitting in the M3 driver's seat for the first time, my overwhelming thought was that the M3 interior feels like exactly what I would expect a car made by Apple to look/feel like, and that's intended as high praise.

If Tesla fixes the backup camera, integrates Spotify and Waze, and offers a Qi charging pad for the phone shelf -- all of which are doable via software updates/aftermarket -- the M3 will/would be nearly flawless. Personally I'd also love to see the cloth/hybrid upholstery option as that's what I have in my MS and prefer it to the full fake leather in my M3.

Add Serius XM radio and then "...the M3 will/would be nearly flawless." Just can not rely on cellphone reception where a lot of drive. I love the fact many of you don't need to worry about lack of cellphone service, but there are many of us who do.

I should also mention we have both a rear facing infant seat and a front facing toddler seat in the M3 already and there is plenty of room for both, somehow seems to be at least as much room as in the S/X

Thats great! Curious, do you think that if you had thin car seats you could fit three across? I have one in a booster, one in a high back booster and one in a rear facing and they normally ride with their mom but it would be nice to be able to cram them all in if I needed to.

Glad you like it!

Thats great! Curious, do you think that if you had thin car seats you could fit three across? I have one in a booster, one in a high back booster and one in a rear facing and they normally ride with their mom but it would be nice to be able to cram them all in if I needed to.

My guess is not - at least with the seats we have there is definitely not enough room between for a third seat

And there is no LATCH/anchor for the rear middle seat so you’d have to secure just with the belt

Last edited: