Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 missing features after V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new M3P and downloaded the V10 upgrade last night over WiFi. While I have Cuphead and Joe Mode, no other features are seen (specifically Spotify, and a blank theatre screen). The problem persists despite soft reset x 2. Anybody else experiencing this or have a suggestion?

I have a new M3P and downloaded the V10 upgrade last night over WiFi. While I have Cuphead and Joe Mode, no other features are seen (specifically Spotify, and a blank theatre screen). The problem persists despite soft reset x 2. Anybody else experiencing this or have a suggestion?

I have the same issue, no theatre (blank screen) and no caraoke (no icon) and no spotify (no icon) but in the case of spotify it's because I'm in france and I have a sr+ (no premium connectivity). Is caraoke only available for premium connectivity ?

The rest of the update seems to be working fine ...

According to a similar thread I started on Reddit, and confirmed with Tesla after nearly an hour on hold, there is a firmware issue causing this. They are working on a patch to correct, and no ETA as of yet

I did a factory reset, and this essentially fixed things for the missing features which I can now see (Spotify, Caroke, and theatre), but now the car thinks it is at Tesla HQ on navigation, and my location is not updating...

I have the same issue, no theatre (blank screen) and no caraoke (no icon) and no spotify (no icon) but in the case of spotify it's because I'm in france and I have a sr+ (no premium connectivity). Is caraoke only available for premium connectivity ?

I have SR+. Caraoke is available for SR+. There is Spotify icon but its needs a personal Spotify premium account in order to log in and work.

TuneIn works well enough for me.

Netflix requires your own account to log in and use it. Same with Hulu. Youtube works fine

All of these services vary from country to country, so it's very possible Caraoke isn't available in France. Might apply to Theater too. All the reviews and stuff you see are mainly people in the US so your experience may be different.

For anyone experiencing this issue and not wanting to wait for Tesla to push a firmware fix, I found a workaround of sorts. Since the Monty Python easter egg adds an icon to the Theatre screen, I thought it might be enough to fix the missing features, and sure enough it worked for me. Spotify, Caraoke, and the Theatre apps instantly showed up. You just need to name your car "Patsy" or one of the other documented names to activate the easter egg. You can read more about it here:

Tesla added a farting Monty Python Easter egg in its newest software update

Thanks a lot for this tip @timwh280 ! You made my day... I restarted several times, spoke to tesla support and nothing worked, but with your tip I got the theatre apps and Spotify

For anyone experiencing this issue and not wanting to wait for Tesla to push a firmware fix, I found a workaround of sorts. Since the Monty Python easter egg adds an icon to the Theatre screen, I thought it might be enough to fix the missing features, and sure enough it worked for me. Spotify, Caraoke, and the Theatre apps instantly showed up. You just need to name your car "Patsy" or one of the other documented names to activate the easter egg. You can read more about it here:

Tesla added a farting Monty Python Easter egg in its newest software update