Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps for saving the dirt from getting on the paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went through water, soot, dirt and debris due to the fires recently. My car smells like smoke, but the mudguards saved the dirt from getting on the paint.
510AvM3yksL._SL1600_.jpg

Reactions: Xiao mage
Is there a reason to think these are significantly better than TSolutions' offering? (Tesla Parts and Accessories - Products)

I know a lot of people here picked these up with a group order, and they offer flaps for all 4 corners, all for a lower cost point. Seems like a better value to me.

No, there isn't (I bought the TSolutions right when they were first offered). Now, evsmartparts will say something along the lines of USA-made (so are the TSolutions, fyi), and that they are molded from the unicorn horns (from pasture-raised unicorns freshly hunted in the Rainbow Isles), but let's be honest, these are just mud flaps. They block crap. I've no doubt the evsmartparts flaps will do the job, but... that pricing...

Funnily enough, watching their install video I kept waiting for them to show you how you install the rear flaps, until I realized there are no rear flaps, which is bananas for the money. By the way, you absolutely definitely need rear flaps, too. The amount of crap that gets flung up on the rear bumper is nutty.

No, there isn't (I bought the TSolutions right when they were first offered). Now, evsmartparts will say something along the lines of USA-made (so are the TSolutions, fyi), and that they are molded from the unicorn horns (from pasture-raised unicorns freshly hunted in the Rainbow Isles), but let's be honest, these are just mud flaps. They block crap. I've no doubt the evsmartparts flaps will do the job, but... that pricing...

Funnily enough, watching their install video I kept waiting for them to show you how you install the rear flaps, until I realized there are no rear flaps, which is bananas for the money. By the way, you absolutely definitely need rear flaps, too. The amount of crap that gets flung up on the rear bumper is nutty.
Yea, I definitely agree with you - that's excessively expensive for just front flaps, and why bother with just front flaps when you're only protecting 50% at that point. Maybe if they sparkled... ;)

When I've gone to wash my car the crap kicked up from the front wheels seem so much worse than the rear. I can see why someone would start from the front.

How unusual is it for a sedan to have mud flaps? Do any other cars out there come with them?

When I've gone to wash my car the crap kicked up from the front wheels seem so much worse than the rear. I can see why someone would start from the front.

How unusual is it for a sedan to have mud flaps? Do any other cars out there come with them?
My understanding is that they are almost always offered as dealer installed addons. Some manufacturers may offer them as factory installed addons, but its very rare for them to be equipped as standard.

Reset...
Addressing concerns.
Our Front mud flap protects 7 feet of metal and 100% of the metal bodywork behind the wheel.

Price is reduced for Black Friday week. We will keep our prices lower than previous $89 after the sales are over.

A very well designed front mud flap set can offer more total protection than a me-too conventional 4 flap set which may leave 4 chafe shadows when you remove them.
EVSmartParts.com inconspicuous mud flaps are front only no-drill no-hole design, our 2.25" ground clearance shields more of your metal (aluminum doors and steel front fender) than higher mud flaps of all styles.
Flexible precision cut from the finest 2 ply flexible materials they are indestructible and made in USA. Molded flaps are stiff and will tear if they make ground contact...that's why they they must be kept high off the ground.
Our 2.25" ground clearance means a protection shadow of a greater length of your car to help shield 100% of your rustable metal behind the wheel...not less than 50% like high flaps. Less slush to fall off and melt in your garage. Much more necessary when winter tires are used since they "paddle" more abrasives.
Simple geometry.
Remove ours in seconds for Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Nobody puts mud flaps on a car to make it look sexy or like a run of the mill ice car.

Last edited by a moderator: